FTA-TV Louie

Remove this Banner Ad

This is honestly one of the greatest shows on TV. I was certain that the last episode was going to be a massive downer after the penultimate one finished on a happy note with Louie and Pam together and I refused to watch it for a while because I didn’t want that happiness to be destroyed. Then I finally watched it and was even happier that things worked out for them even though they have such different outlooks on life and love. Brilliant. It restores my faith in humanity seeing stuff like that!

But Louie I still haven't forgiven you for the
nude bath scene in ep14, dude, some of us have got it, others, well not so much;)

I actually think he has it TOO much ... as do I, unfortunately ...

Does anyone else hate his stand up?

His TV show touches on sensitive subjects. He knows a lot about the human condition and how much sadness and loneliness there is in life, but then just swears and makes blunt, heinous calls as a stand up. I don't get it. I know that's kind of the point, making things brutal that otherwise aren't, but I don't think it does anything but make me cringe. That's me though. I don't really dig stand-up. But I especially don't dig his.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, just you

You probably prefer things that way though
His recent specials havent quite hit the same heights that Chewed Up or Shameless did

Live at the Beacon is incredible. High level from start to finish and although not as consistent, Oh My God had some absolutely amazing themes. I often put on one of those stand-ups when I just need a bit of a pick-me-up.

Despite all he did in his career, the first thing I thought of when I read about Robin Williams this morning was the episode of Louie he did. That was such a brilliant piece of television which feels even more poignant now.
I said the same in the Williams thread. I watched it again yesterday. It was such simple yet brilliant television.

Halfway through season 2, having started it maybe 4 days ago. Firstly, I was struck by how sombre and depressive the tone is. Not even depressive in the way his stand up is, the "that's just how life is, and it sucks" type stuff. It's a tone I don't think I've ever experienced before. And I love it.

The one negative thing I'll say about Louie, is I hate the way he deals with hecklers. I know he takes his profession very seriously but the way he gets so upset and personal about being interrupted is uncomfortable to watch. I'm assuming most think it's great though?

The one negative thing I'll say about Louie, is I hate the way he deals with hecklers. I know he takes his profession very seriously but the way he gets so upset and personal about being interrupted is uncomfortable to watch. I'm assuming most think it's great though?

Not sure if you are talking about his stand up in general or the episode that has the heckler on it but I think the conversation after it explains perfectly how he and probably most comedians feel when people decide to heckle.

I really love this show though I'm not surprised that alot of people don't like it and I think I would be the only one out of everyone I know who would actually enjoy it. It's depressing as hell but also hilarious.

Not sure if you are talking about his stand up in general or the episode that has the heckler on it but I think the conversation after it explains perfectly how he and probably most comedians feel when people decide to heckle.

I really love this show though I'm not surprised that alot of people don't like it and I think I would be the only one out of everyone I know who would actually enjoy it. It's depressing as hell but also hilarious.
I understand that it's a horrible thing to do to a comedian, I just don't like the way Louie responds to it. Maybe I've just seen a higher proportion of the good-natured responses to heckling.

I have a few friends who are into it. Watching it you would think it is a real acquired taste, but apparently the Americans are all over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back