FTA-TV Louis Theroux

Remove this Banner Ad

Louis Theroux is awesome.

Bloke cracks me up with his really slight sarcasm. He really gently takes the piss out of everything, but he does it in such a subtle way that the Americans dont realise.

TMHFIA ep was really, really good.

For fans of Louis Theroux (of which i certainly am) he has done 2 new shows which have just aired on the BBC in Britain.
"Law and Disorder Philadelphia" also "Law and Disorder Johannesburg"
I watched the Philly ep last night, very good viewing.
Worth tracking down if you can.

For fans of Louis Theroux (of which i certainly am) he has done 2 new shows which have just aired on the BBC in Britain.
"Law and Disorder Philadelphia" also "Law and Disorder Johannesburg"
I watched the Philly ep last night, very good viewing.
Worth tracking down if you can.

Actually just stumbled across that Philadelphia one on torrents. Gonna check it out.

The plastic surgery one was on last week... Louis did a masterful job rooting out the insecurities of the patients without them realizing he was doing it.

The liposuction on he had on his stomach turned out pretty good too.

This weekend is the one where he visits San Quentin prison in California, which I am really looking forward to as I haven't seen it.

That Law and Disorder: Jo'burg was unbelievable. Despite how bad the Philadelphia one was, it was almost civilized compared to what happens in South Africa.

Was really well done.
Some pretty intense stuff to watch.
Philly was bad Joburg was off the scale!

Just letting fans know that Louis is on C7 at about 1130pm Christmas night with "Louis weird Christmasses" or something like that.
Should be good for a laugh.

Just letting fans know that Louis is on C7 at about 1130pm Christmas night with "Louis weird Christmasses" or something like that.
Should be good for a laugh.

Lol I saw some of this episode and it was strange to see hostile it was when beliefs were discussed. That guy who "channeled" an alien or something and every one else was laughing ... wierd:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Law and Disorder: Jo'burg was unbelievable. Despite how bad the Philadelphia one was, it was almost civilized compared to what happens in South Africa.

Mob justice is a big thing in Africa. As the farmer said... "an African solution for an African problem".

I was staying at a beach side "resort" in Mombasa and a gardener was caught stealing from one of the huts. Seemed like a nice guy and he only stole a few dollars.

The next day a mob beat him, put tyres on him, covered him in petrol and burned him alive.

I am really enjoying this show, not as confronting as John Safran, but still entertaining.

I wonder if he would get himself crucified? I doubt it, don't think he's that crazy. :eek:

Keep forgetting to set the timer to record the shows on Seven - 11:30 is too late for me these days :(

But Louis is a legend, full stop. Haven't seen a lot of the earlier stuff but in his later shows he explored more 'confronting' topics like the prison episode and the Philadelphia and Jo'burg shows successfully without losing the bumbling nerd vibe.

I watch out of interest, the shows do provide incites into some unique microcosms of society.

But the man himself, I think he's a bit of a contrived dick, and that isn't respectful to the people he's interviewing. A lot of them are just average Joes making it by in life and they don't deserve his deceit. The rap one had him going around with a serious face saying he was considering having a go at becoming a rap artist, as if. Then he's presenting the pr0n/rap producers as if they're output were representive of a culture when really they're just doing any old sh*t to make some $$$, just like Louis is doing with these shows of his.

Louis says his final goodbye and we see him drive off from the perspective of the pimp. Stop camera rolling, stop the van and reverse to pick up the camera guy you just left behind.

How ****ed up were the "female" bodybuilders? I think the men that are turned on by them just need to come out of the closet already.

All of the eps have been great, but I loved the UFO one, was awesome when that woman said that we need to treat every type of alien the same as we can't discriminate against them.

How ****ed up were the "female" bodybuilders? I think the men that are turned on by them just need to come out of the closet already.

All of the eps have been great, but I loved the UFO one, was awesome when that woman said that we need to treat every type of alien the same as we can't discriminate against them.

How about that 'girl' Maria? I think she was a legit bloke, certainly looked more manly than caster semenya.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back