LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

2 and 3 i agree, but what is in bcaa that does increase insulin? I just assumed its pure amino/protein. I am missing something.

L-Leucine is one of the three amino acids in BCAA's , it spikes insulin hence why it's good post w/o when low carbing cos it spikes insulin n promotes protein synthesis.
This is why some advise not to eat eggs too early in day due to the concerns of the L-Leucine in the eggs protein content may spike insulin n effect IF &/or blunt cortisol's role in burning fat upon rising .
Collagen is best added to BPC, isn't heat effected.

L-Leucine is one of the three amino acids in BCAA's , it spikes insulin hence why it's good post w/o when low carbing cos it spikes insulin n promotes protein synthesis.
This is why some advise not to eat eggs too early in day due to the concerns of the L-Leucine in the eggs protein content may spike insulin n effect IF &/or blunt cortisol's role in burning fat upon rising .
Collagen is best added to BPC, isn't heat effected.
Must look into this as it might mean my egg yolk in the BP might not be a good idea.

Lyle McDonald and one of the first IFers (can't remember the name, the ex-model who loves himself) promote using BCAAs during the workout - they all tend to favour a 4:1:1 ratio of Leucine although most BCAAs you buy from supps companies only have a 2:1:1 ratio.

Good thing it's a lifestyle and not a diet then.
Yup - I think that was the point.
The people who are on a new diet every 3-6 weeks really need to adjust.

Perfect timing as he has just posted-

"What I actually eat, part III (circa Q1 2014)
Peter-Attia.jpg

Amazingly, I saw someone on saturday night with the exact same T Shirt - this guy was enormous (not in a good way), possibly a D Cup.
I like the idea of eating that many salads and could do so happily, but personally I add more olive oil and often a bit of tahini to make a dressing.

Lyle McDonald and one of the first IFers (can't remember the name, the ex-model who loves himself) promote using BCAAs during the workout - they all tend to favour a 4:1:1 ratio of Leucine although most BCAAs you buy from supps companies only have a 2:1:1 ratio.

L-Leucine stimulates protein synthesis & preserves lean muscle mass, the other two aminos in BCAA's are free riders & can actually lesson leucines effects.

This is in the Bio steel drink Attia has in a fasted state when he works out

Biosteel-perform-drink-info.jpg

Also his post long ride lunch would be good to try-
"Lunch – The “Peter Kauffman” super starch shake (heavy cream, zero-sugar almond milk, a package of chocolate super starch, 2 tbsp of almond butter, an extra 20 g of Biosteel whey protein, frozen strawberries, ice – blend to a thick shake); I’ll drink 2 liters of this. Literally."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is in the Bio steel drink Attia has in a fasted state when he works out

Biosteel-perform-drink-info.jpg

Also his post long ride lunch would be good to try-
"Lunch – The “Peter Kauffman” super starch shake (heavy cream, zero-sugar almond milk, a package of chocolate super starch, 2 tbsp of almond butter, an extra 20 g of Biosteel whey protein, frozen strawberries, ice – blend to a thick shake); I’ll drink 2 liters of this. Literally."

Looks good bar the Sucralose, similar to what I've sipped on during my workouts the last two years but I want reveal it cos I may introduce the formulas to supp industry one day.
I'd double the dose n add one more amino but is the best formula rice seen thus far bar mine!

Totally bored after 4 minutes and had to turn it off. Did you actually watch it before trolling this thread with it?

Baz, I like you, you know I do, which is why I give you this warning. Calling Chief a troll will only do one thing to you: Make you sound like an Essendon supporter. Do you really want that to happen to you? :p

Baz, I like you, you know I do, which is why I give you this warning. Calling Chief a troll will only do one thing to you: Make you sound like an Essendon supporter. Do you really want that to happen to you? :p
Shut up foamer

;)

Was a little concerned when I initially read:
Two types of omega-3 fatty acid found in oily fish – EPA and DHA – and the omega-6 fat arachidonic acid were linked to a lower risk of heart disease. But omega-3 and omega-6 supplements appeared to have no benefit.

Although the article finishes with:
The industry-backed Health Supplements Information Service said that while the study showed only a modest protective effect of omega-3 fats, the trials involving omega-3 supplements nearly all involved non-healthy participants, which was likely to give misleading results.
Happy to keep takign the supplements at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back