LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask myself or Mofra for one*

*I really mean that you ask us and then we ask Doss and he makes it happen. Oh, you also need to be LCHF, it's the only catch. :p
You ask, sometimes it happens.

Enjoy the badge, mcuzzy.

Ps anyone watch the men who killed us last night?
yeah, it was ok but i've seen pretty much the same thing packaged slightly differently so many times now.

Keys is the devil, sugar is like crack, US government sold us out, food industry is like tobacco industry.
roll out Taubes and Lustig then cue denials from Big Food execs

glad that the message is getting out but it was nothing groundbreaking

Had my bloods done this week & went to the docs for my results been doing LFHC for around 8 months.

2 Years Ago - Now
Total Chol 4.5 - 8.0
HDL Chol 1.9 - 1.6
LDL Chol 2.3 - 6.0
Triglyceride 0.6 - 0.8
LDL/HDL Ratio 1.2 - 3.7
Chol/HDL Ratio 2.4 - 5.0

The First thing he offered me was meadication, I declined he went through all the questions Drinking (no), Smoking (no), Junk Food (no).
Then asked do i drink water (yes) & told me to trim the the fat off meat.

Straight after appointment i walk past the chemist & straight to the Butcher 1kg Bacon & 1kg of Itallian Sausages.

Had my bloods done this week & went to the docs for my results been doing LFHC for around 8 months.

2 Years Ago - Now
Total Chol 4.5 - 8.0
HDL Chol 1.9 - 1.6
LDL Chol 2.3 - 6.0
Triglyceride 0.6 - 0.8
LDL/HDL Ratio 1.2 - 3.7
Chol/HDL Ratio 2.4 - 5.0

The First thing he offered me was meadication, I declined he went through all the questions Drinking (no), Smoking (no), Junk Food (no).
Then asked do i drink water (yes) & told me to trim the the fat off meat.

Straight after appointment i walk past the chemist & straight to the Butcher 1kg Bacon & 1kg of Itallian Sausages.

Can you explain this a bit please? I've been under the impression that much higher ldl wasn't good.

Can you explain this a bit please? I've been under the impression that much higher ldl wasn't good.
My understanding watching cereal killers is that LDL travels in small & large parts in your blood when on high carb - sugar it is small which is dangerous and LFHC it is large which are good for you.

Can any one confirm if this is true?

I enjoyed The Men Who Made Us Fat - it first aired in the UK about 18 months ago, and then was followed up about 6 months ago with The Men Who Made Us Thin, which was a look at the diet industry and how it makes money from repeat customers.

I still struggle with the social aspect of LCHF. It's no worries at a good restaurant where you just order steak, forgo the chips and drink scotch, but it's much harder on other social occasions - and I really struggle when I am knocked off course; it's like being some sort of alcoholic, where I end up on a week long carb bender and then spend the rest of the month regretting it.

I enjoyed The Men Who Made Us Fat - it first aired in the UK about 18 months ago, and then was followed up about 6 months ago with The Men Who Made Us Thin, which was a look at the diet industry and how it makes money from repeat customers.

I still struggle with the social aspect of LCHF. It's no worries at a good restaurant where you just order steak, forgo the chips and drink scotch, but it's much harder on other social occasions - and I really struggle when I am knocked off course; it's like being some sort of alcoholic, where I end up on a week long carb bender and then spend the rest of the month regretting it.
1371537810227.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just call it a re-feed and be done with it.
LCHF 95% of the time is good enough for most. I eat what I want when I go out - pub roast on Sunday had kipflers, ate it all with zero remorse.

Just call it a re-feed and be done with it.
LCHF 95% of the time is good enough for most. I eat what I want when I go out - pub roast on Sunday had kipflers, ate it all with zero remorse.
Once adapted this is fine, but you have to be real strict for the first 2 months otherwise you will feel shitty swinging between Ketones and Glucose for fuel.

Just wondering if anybody can provide me with some documents regarding how saturated fat isn't the cause of high cholesterol and clogged arteries?

It's hard to teach people about this sort of thing without some sort of legitimate evidence, because common sense just isn't enough for some people.

That's unfair. Common sense means very little if you've been influenced otherwise your whole life.

That's unfair. Common sense means very little if ou've been influenced otherwise your whole life.

lol yeah really s**t comment by me tbh, just frustrated.

wouldn't say it's entirely down to duration of being influenced, a lot of it is personality, some are stubborn and some are willing to take new info on board.

Just wondering if anybody can provide me with some documents regarding how saturated fat isn't the cause of high cholesterol and clogged arteries?

It's hard to teach people about this sort of thing without some sort of legitimate evidence, because common sense just isn't enough for some people.
The current Time magazine hit the stands in the US last Thursday and is already having a massive global impact, and is currently on sale at the News agents here. Its worth getting a copy to show the skeptics and Vegans amongst us.

The 1984 "Cholesterol" Time front cover/article turned the world anti-cholesterol (for the wrong reasons) and this current edition its now being tipped to be the switch that will change world dietary guidelines like the '84 article did with cholesterol/statins.

Here is the PDF if you are not interested in getting the hard copy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35825844/Ending the War on Fat.pdf

fat-cover.jpg

PS... Sucks that the hard copy has a big white bar code bottom left as it ruins the image. A texta and some careful coloring-in will have to take place before i frame it and send it to the pool room.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back