LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Today's tucker

Lunch was duck breast

y2epepa5.jpg

Dessert was a almond milk lava cake

rarebere.jpg

Ingredients

e7u7equ7.jpg

Here's what it looks like all combined together. I've eaten this a few time but thought I'd mix it up and add some grated well naturally dark chocolate (whole bar 45 grams)

Cooked it for 2 minutes in the microwave and voila.
a6y5u9u7.jpg

Like I said never cooked it with the chocolate before and to my amazement it all sunk to the bottom creating a delicious (and aesthetic) 2 tier pudding style dessert

Here's the macros

agebemam.jpg

Got home, had a shower and had to chuck. I feel like s**t, im done until
Xmas day.
I found GF day okay as I stuck with spirits and Big Head Beer (no carb) but am not looking forward to when the cricket starts, no way to avoid drinking carbs there, I've been <40 grams of carbs per day since July, yet to break it. How bad am I going to feel on the day if I indulge in the drinks on offer there?
I've read you can get pretty crook which is a little off putting, almost worth sneaking spirits in :)

Anyone have any knowledge of Nature's Way Organic Coconut Oil? I bought a jar the other day. The problem I'm having is put it in the fridge and it goes too hard, leave it out and it turns to liquid.

yeah for sure. I'm in my late 40s myself. Hes a real inspiration.

Good to see there's another old fart on this board.:D

Today's tucker

Lunch was duck breast

y2epepa5.jpg

Dessert was a almond milk lava cake

rarebere.jpg

Ingredients

e7u7equ7.jpg

Here's what it looks like all combined together. I've eaten this a few time but thought I'd mix it up and add some grated well naturally dark chocolate (whole bar 45 grams)

Cooked it for 2 minutes in the microwave and voila.
a6y5u9u7.jpg

Like I said never cooked it with the chocolate before and to my amazement it all sunk to the bottom creating a delicious (and aesthetic) 2 tier pudding style dessert

Here's the macros

agebemam.jpg
Little bit Fancy!

Little bit Fancy!

He didn't go to Maccas :p

I had KFC this weekend for the first time in a long time. Man I feel sick! Whiskey is helping me through, don't worry about me :p My eating has fallen off the cliff lately and don't feel like correcting that at the moment, but eating so much junk today wasn't good. I guess it's good that my body doesn't enjoy it but I have zero motivation at the moment.

He didn't go to Maccas :p

I had KFC this weekend for the first time in a long time. Man I feel sick! Whiskey is helping me through, don't worry about me :p My eating has fallen off the cliff lately and don't feel like correcting that at the moment, but eating so much junk today wasn't good. I guess it's good that my body doesn't enjoy it but I have zero motivation at the moment.
Dem feels, I can relate. I've been off the wagon for about 2 months, family stress and the like. finally getting back on it this week. Kickstarted by a fasted day on thursday with only a couple of LB's and bacon & eggs for dinner, very minimal carbs since wednesday. But after being off the wagon for so long and eating s**t, i'm really struggling to fight the carb cravings. I've even found when i'm getting s**t back on track after a long period of eating crap, that even fat doesn't satiate me on low-carb. I ate around 100g of soft cheese this arvo just before dinner :oops: (snags and a gigantic salad with an avo).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would wholeheartedly recommend you dive straight in, mate. :)

I know it's easier to say on this side of the fence, but I broke my keto plan earlier in the year with about 6 weeks of awfulness, and I undid a whole heap of progress.

Now that I'm back on a level again (been going 5.5 months without a break, even having a milestone birthday!), I find it impossible to comprehend going off plan for so long, and I wish I could go back in time and give myself a big shake. So in lieu of being able to do that, I am trying to convince you not to make the same mistake I did.

I would suggest going and buying all of your favourite LCHF foods - cost be damned, and have 3 days of LCHF. Make every meal feel like a decadent treat, and soon you'll be thinking, "Yes, I would definitely prefer this amazing steak instead of a rubbish pizza."

At the very least, I would strongly recommend that you try and jump back on asap. Maybe have this weekend to have one last final blowout if you desperately want to, but then get back on track...you'll thank yourself in 6 weeks time. Take it from someone who made the very same mistake that you're about to make - it is absolutely not worth it.

Go Pete, stick it up em.

Celeb chef Pete Evans questions why frozen pizzas and sugary cereal for young kids have been awarded Heart Foundation Tick
  • Paleo chef questions how certain products get awarded a Heart Foundation Tick
  • Food including frozen pizzas, chocolate cereal for kids and mayonnaise have been awarded the Tick
  • The well known symbol is renowned for helping people to make healthier food choices
  • The Heart Foundation have defended their position saying the Tick is 'designed to help guide consumers' to make healthier choices while they are shopping
By Melissa Hills for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 15:06 AEST, 5 October 2014 | Updated: 17:35 AEST, 5 October 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cts-like-frozen-pizzas-cereal-young-kids.html

I just wish the media would get it right about Paleo, its NOT a diet comprising predominantly of meat/protein and you don't need fiber for gut health that's why fermented food and beverages are consumed.

They deliberately don't get it right n are pushed to report it to look bad.
Image if rice, corn , soy n flour producers went bust how much lost revenue in advertising media outlets would loose, all they care about the almighty dollar , not our health.
The Companies that line their pockets write the script.

They deliberately don't get it right n are pushed to report it to look bad.
Image if rice, corn , soy n flour producers went bust how much lost revenue in advertising media outlets would loose, all they care about the almighty dollar , not our health.
The Companies that line their pockets write the script.
Did you see the hatchet job on tonights ACA? The DAA and HF are shitting bricks, this was an appalling bit of journalism. People might think this is all a bit trivial but i have never known a time when the countries nutrition has been called into question by so many. Its also great Pete Evans is now combining the terms paleo/Primal AND LCHF.

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8915787/the-celebrity-chef-with-the-controversial-theory

So, the woman who said there are big issues when cutting out whole food groups "including dairy", was that the same woman who was in the advertisement immediately after the video promoting A2 milk? Upon further inspection, yes it was.
This is the exact thing that Pete Evans has been on about, the sponsorships for all these 'health' information organisations comes from the exact foods their promoting. She says 'we shouldn't cut out dairy because then who would pay me to go on ads for TV?' There is no one size fits all approach to nutrition, some people can tolerate dairy just fine but the majority of the population is to some degree intolerant to lactose so telling everyone to get all their daily calcium from dairy is completely unnecessary. I don't drink milk, or eat yoghurt or any other dairy products, but easily meet or exceed the RDI for calcium through vegetables and nuts.
As for her saying it was expensive, all the stuff she said cost over $70 or whatever, it was all the extra foods used to make the paleo versions of dessert foods. I personally have found eating meat, vegies and nuts predominantly has been cheaper than when I was eating the recommended servings of cereals etc. I could go on for hours about how much this grinds my gears, medical and scientific research is always changing so why are we still sticking with basically the same guidelines for 30+ years? Really interested to see how that study Evans funded on the PCOS and LCHF because I know a lot of girls with this issue, and they all have really poor diets and find it really hard to lose weight based on the government recommendations, if that is found to help reduce the incidence of PCOS, which I have no doubt that it will, then surely someone will have to take notice.

The strange part was how they managed to get those comments from Dr Ross Walker who is an advocate of LCHF and was even on 3AW last week commenting on Evans and his Paleo way, basically giving it the thumbs up. Was it heavily edited?

And it was funny waiting to watch the segment on-line as you have to watch a crappy add first, well i had to watch Special K... that summed it up.

Dairy isn't necessarily bad, but I think a large portion of the population are lactose intolerant to some extent, some tolerate it better than others. The main gripe I have with the guidelines is that they propose a one size fits all approach to nutrition, when that is not the case at all.
We've been so de-sensitised to foods now due to the amount of processing all the foods on supermarket shelves go through, that nobody actually listens to what their body responds to. It wasn't before starting LCHF/Paleo that I realise just how sluggish I felt after having toast or muesli in the morning compared to now where I have eggs and greens most days. It's not for everyone, but I don't think people should adopt a uniform approach to health/nutrition/exercise based on what they are told to do, they should try a variety of different things and see what works.

Most Paleo/Primal people have a little cream and cheese, i do. The original blueprint from mega strict Loren Cordain advocated zero dairy because of Lactose and Casein which is strange as they were present in human breast milk that cavebabies drank. I dont touch milk but some good full fat cream and cheese is a must (and i still consider myself Primal)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back