Lukas Webb is my boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots to like from his limited involvement against a premiership opposition. Strong frame, good overhead, great kick, seemed very calm and collected and read the game pretty well.

Overall very happy considering his debut round 3 first season. Will hopefully become a long term solid-to-good contributor off the half-back flank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love that Dalrymple backs his judgement and doesn't just take the best kids from the national champs.

Webb played APS most of the year so flew under the radar a bit in terms of tac cup and then national champs. He was also travelling a lot to training which is a strain on a young kid.

Dalrymple just does not give a * what the popular consensus on a player is. Love it.

I was pretty surprised with Webb too, was in the game and always making a contest. This kid could go on to be a 200 gamer for us, his kicking is very good for his experience level/ability

It would be a bit of ignorance not too

Kids don't often get poached from teams on the up so if we can continue improving it should be enough to keep them around.

We may have to lose an odd one now and then to create cap room but hopefully not

How's the leg on him? See his kick inside 50 in the last qtr I think. An absolute bullet that was barely a metre off the ground and hit someone lace out but they dropped it.

Loved this kid since I saw his highlights package before the draft. Has fitted in so, so well!

Good overhead, taking a few intercept marks and being strong in other contests and he has good skills. Where did this boy come from?
Not sure if you have Instagram but Koby Stevens has a pic with him, Lukas and Clay about them all coming from the same area ( Gippsland)!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back