Lukas Webb is my boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that the coaches picked him out of all the new recruits so he must have shown something special at training or the practice games.

Watched him in two VFL practice games, was BOG or close to it in both games. Definitely earned his spot. Been impressed by all of our new draftees though. Webb, Dale and McLean in particular.

On the Webb nickname;

Spider webs are made of a material known as spider silk. With the lads neat disposal and cool head under pressure I think "Silk" has to be the crowd nickname going forward?

Has the added advantage of being one syllable, so we can get a "Coooon" style call going when he gains possession "Siiiiiiilllkkk"

Work with me on this people:)

Caleb Daniel may well be better then the lot. Back running will pay VFL in 2 weeks:)

He's the one I had the most doubts on (due to his size) before he was drafted to be honest. Hopefully you're right :).

Anyway on Webb, there was one slight doubt I had on him before he was drafted and that was pace. Looks like he's done a lot of work on it over pre season and appears to be moving a fair bit better. Shows what coming into an elite environment can do. Gun.

I'm with dannnnnn. I'd still be keen to bring in another elite ball user in the back half if we can. Quality only though. Mullet would be my choice (with kk contracted).

I thought you were one of the leaders of the Darley bandwagon Fronk?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely. Big, athletic ball users are key. Can't have too many. Like him a lot. Hope we're a bit patient with him.
Love the Darley, Webb, Wood, JJ set up long term. You've got the shorter pinpoint passes of Darley, booming leg of Webb, and the run from JJ and Wood. All pretty big and hard at it and all athletic. With Wood and Webb borderline elite in the air for their height range, and even JJ has been immense in the air this season. They can all push up the ground and even hit the scoreboard a bit too which is a huge advantage.

Still rate Darley quite a bit, not the best start to the year though and unfortunately injured but he'll get there.

Darley is not terribly big.
He's as big as wood and Webb. Very good size for a flanker/running player bro.
Yep, all three are 186cm. Wood 84kg, Darley 82kg and Webb 80kg (not bad for a kid just turned 19 - he might end up being the most solid of the lot)

He's as big as wood and Webb. Very good size for a flanker/running player bro.
Darley is the best short kick in the team - I worry he isn't enough of a mongrel to play our style though.

Darley is the best short kick in the team - I worry he isn't enough of a mongrel to play our style though.
Maybe not. Obviously still big question marks over him. But he has good size, good speed, is a superb kick of the footy and has a good feel for the game. Like Boyd, he was so under developed when he got here. Has made big strides physically, and is now injured. Hoping we show a little patience with him.

everybody get on als highlights and watch his stringer v adelaide highlights. Pretty awesome, Buddy franklin style game and consolidated it last week by showing his class. But what i'm getting to is the Webb hit up in the 3rd quarter. Friggin laser

Swans fans lamenting the loss of Biggs. Looking forward to seeing him in action. A bit of a mystery man to us faraway supporters.
BOG in the VFL so perhaps not too far away. Has performed at AFL level in finals so we know he can play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back