News Luke Ball, (Retired 2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, just read what Mark is saying.
Pretty much everything I've heard in the last few days about Bally.

I'm not internal so I'm not passing judgement, but he was pushed, IMO. It's a dangerous slippery slope axing players a year early just ask Melbourne.

For context guys I missed where he said he actually retired. I caught where he said was moving onto a different phase of his life, but that phase could just as we'll be a year or two with GWS as retirement...

Sad news.I really didn't want to hear this news,although i knew it was going to happen one day.Enjoy your retirement,Luke.You've earnt your place in history by being a Collingwood premiership player,and we certainly couldn't have won that flag without you.You're one of the immortals now.

5 years at Collingwood

3 Grand Finals

1 Premiership

1 NAB Cup Premiership

Getting Luke Ball for Pick 30

Priceless

TYRL

rosslyoneggonface.jpg

No but I think thats a very simplistic view. Lets look at our current middle aged guns most particular Pendlebury and Beams as they hit the 24-26 age. Why would they start signing a longish deal to take them to say 29-30 knowing that if they have a drop in performance at the first second it hits them were going to throw them out the door?
To think that Bucks would pull the trigger quickly and not treat them on a case by case basis is in itself, simplistic.
If you look at his form line
Didak. Only the supreme optimist bordering on delusional would think that he still had something to give.
Jolly. Read Didak
Krak. Well known that there were issues outside of footy that were bothering him. That and age. Right call.
Davis. He hasn't really told why he was moved on. Will wait on that.
Johnson. Cooked.
Maxwell. Cooked.
L. Brown. retired, cooked.
L. Ball. Jury is still out. That's one case that is contentious if you listen to those on this board.
Hardly points to a trend.

Congratulations Bally. A great career. A true Collingwood man.

The minute he went down in 2012, I thought we've just taken a massive blow to our chances at a flag.

He was great in 2010 & 2011. Unfortunately age takes it's toll on all sportsmen especially when they put their bodies on the line like Bally did.

Bally said in his interview, "despite all the rubbish that's been in the papers, I won't be going on".

Gee, it's possible Bally never said he wanted to continue but more so, hadn't decided yet.

Thanks Champ.:thumbsu:

Note: what a surprise this thread has turned into another Bucks bashing thread? Great stuff mods you've really gotten on top of this epidemic.:rolleyes: 76woodenspooners & Vicky Park reading this thread, do you think there isn't much sniping of Buckley now? Every ****ing thread gets polluted with this crap.

So the bit bolded above direct from Ball's mouth is the only thing that gets ignored by some posters whose narrative or motive it does not suit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved this guy at our club, great club man, leader, mentor and example to young men and he played his own big part in bringing us the ultimate glory

Well According to Bucks we have lot of good young Leaders.

I say Bucks no we are bit away from a Flag and he is Bulding a Side to do so in the future

Pretty obvious from the way we performed against Brisbane when Pendles was out we have no young leaders, no one stood up at all. Going to massively miss Ball.

He can be added to the list of guys pushed out 1yr early, Leon, Dids and now Ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back