News Luke Ball

Remove this Banner Ad

The dumbest decision Buckley could do is not give a one year deal to Ball.

How many experienced players would you want to let go in a space of two season, that's falling in the same trap as Melbourne and they still havn't recovered from it.

Bally is a great leader and I actually thought he was a better option than Pendles as a captain but that was more short term obviously due to his age. I think he deserves another year, just for his leadership on and off the field.

Strong suspicion that the club will resign Ball and that all they want to do is assess what their salary cap restrictions will be. Ball is a leader and we don't have an abundance of them at the moment so I'd be shocked if there was anything more to it than that. I would personally be shocked if they don't resign him.

We really need Ball at the club next year.
His leadership is invaluable.
My guess is we are trying to tie up a few other contracts to our younger guys before offering Luke a contract, with a price that is appropriate to where he is in terms of the team.
I've also just read that Goldsack and his manager are asking $450000 a year for his signature.
As much as i love the way Goldy is a fairly good swingman/ 3rd tall, there is no way he is worth that sort of coin.

I certainly think Ball should be kept at the club but do not believe he is in our best 22 anymore. He just doesn't spread well enough. Would his career be tarnished by playing a lot of VFL or do we find an off-field role for him where his leadership can continue to be utilized?

We really need Ball at the club next year.
His leadership is invaluable.
My guess is we are trying to tie up a few other contracts to our younger guys before offering Luke a contract, with a price that is appropriate to where he is in terms of the team.
I've also just read that Goldsack and his manager are asking $450000 a year for his signature.
As much as i love the way Goldy is a fairly good swingman/ 3rd tall, there is no way he is worth that sort of coin.

Well that's hilarious and it ain't going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie and Bucks are having a laugh about it at the moment.

Can play both rotating between on ball, bench and a HFF.

But it means dropping a Buckley favourite in Pre-sha Blair.
I don't agree, you cannot carry Ball and Adams in the same side. Ball, as much as I love him and respect what he has done for us, he is getting slower and less effective. It's a very very hard call & am torn what the right thing to do here is. Last thing you want is Ball playing VFL every week.

I don't agree, you cannot carry Ball and Adams in the same side. Ball, as much as I love him and respect what he has done for us, he is getting slower and less effective. It's a very very hard call & am torn what the right thing to do here is. Last thing you want is Ball playing VFL every week.

Ball early in the season was playing well forward when there, can spend smaller % of time on ball which is less wear and tear play 17 games and get him through.

Adams start on ball and have him resting bench or off a HFF as he did at times for GWS, don't like him behind the ball as his kicking when pressured is inconsistant.

Love Bally and think we need his leadership around the club even if they look to play Adams in that role before Bally.

How long until this becomes another Bucks slanging thread ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Offer him a one year deal today. Do it now. Right now.

Now. So reading this. Go do it now.

But also have a conversion with him that Adams is likely to get preference in the inside mid slot in the midfield and that he will be asked to do the team thing in terms of helping the team develop around the younger players. Is a better defensive forward than Blair.

Hope he stays. Is he in our best 22? Yes, next year potentially no. However the club need to show some form of loyalty to the players if they want any coming the other way. Unlike the other old cases, Luke ball still has abit to offer, a great servant and I would assume a well liked person within the group/club. He needa at least another year. Hopefully were just working out $$

I don't buy into the fact that Ball will be holding Adams back.

Ball is only a 12-15 game a year proposition anyway but is an asset if we make finals.

I also reckon he is a good horses for courses selection. I wouldn't play him against lightning quick midfields, but he is handy against strong bodied sides.

Adams has shown he can play a variety of positions, but needs to clean up his footskills. Clearly he is a midfielder, but no need at 21 years old to totally destroy him in the Luke Ball role just yet.

I'd give him another year if he wants it.

We have enough others on our list to delist before him.

They better give lukey Ball at least another year we need the experience and leadership.All will depend on how he finishes the year similar to Judd but Adams can ;learn off Ball and we need the 2 to rotate because 1 couldn't last the whole season.

Give luke another year Pies !

Pop him in the forward pocket for 3/4 of the game.
He is at his best at the fall of the ball, and his quick hands to a free player in the forward half would be a huge asset.
He is normally a fairly good set shot also.

Please just give him one more year, after everything he has done he deserves it. The leadership that he offers is essential to a young squad, especially with Maxy now gone. I still reckon he can make an impact too as he's on his day he's one of the best ball users in the side.

Adams certainly needs to play and proved his worth in the 4 weeks before getting injured. I would certainly keep Ball and I'd rather play ball in the centre is an honest tight checking mid and get Caff out of the centre square from tagging.

Yeah need his leadership for 1 more year, will also have the added bonus of getting him to 100 games for the club (not that this will be factored in by the club)
Getting to 100 will be difficult.
Currently on 79 plus 2 more this year, so 81, leaving 19 games for next year.
He will play 17 total this year. Touch & go.

Should Luke Ball play on in season 2015?

I say yes, I was probably initially against this but with a real lack of leadership and midfield depth, why not let him play on, as long as he understands he will spend time in the VFL.

Thoughts?

Getting to 100 will be difficult.
Currently on 79 plus 2 more this year, so 81, leaving 19 games for next year.
He will play 17 total this year. Touch & go.
Do they add on the preseason games?? Rookie list him for 2016 and do the hudson thing :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back