Rumour Luke Beveridge had a crack @ Purple flog?

Remove this Banner Ad

If it ever came to be that so & so from whichever AFL club physically & verbally knocked out Barrett, preferably in a public & crowded space, I would immediately sign up to the platinum level membership of that club.

Gee I wonder what simplistic rubbish he'll say about it in his Sliding Doors segment

If Luke Beveridge doesn't apologize for his actions at the Brownlow...
Then he probably isn't sorry for what happened

Ha ha. Yes, they mentioned it yesterday on the radio, but didn't really elaborate at all. All he said was that it was about the Talia thing, and that was it.

Can somebody pls explain this?
It's because his head looks like a purple headed junket pumper.

Or it could be about some lame purple suit he wore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of coach/journalist conflicts, does anybody know what the story is between Ross Lyon and Gerard Whately??? They both appear to be very measured, logical people, I'm so curious to know what happened between them to cause this massive rift. If anyone knows the story, please enlighten me.... Sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but I'm dying to know and this thread was the closest to my question....

Speaking of coach/journalist conflicts, does anybody know what the story is between Ross Lyon and Gerard Whately??? They both appear to be very measured, logical people, I'm so curious to know what happened between them to cause this massive rift. If anyone knows the story, please enlighten me.... Sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but I'm dying to know and this thread was the closest to my question....
Gerard Whateley wrote an article after Ross moved to Fremantle saying Lyon lacked integrity, basically smeared him in his writing and Ross didn't take kindly to it.

Gerard Whateley wrote an article after Ross moved to Fremantle saying Lyon lacked integrity, basically smeared him in his writing and Ross didn't take kindly to it.
That's it?! An article?! I thought it was something far more sinister... Thank you very much for that, much appreciated.

That's it?! An article?! I thought it was something far more sinister... Thank you very much for that, much appreciated.
Garard and Robbo could end a football identities career if they wanted, there is a lot of faceless power in writing. Even if a journalist apologizes for something they will have taken their pound of flesh.

Gee I wonder what simplistic rubbish he'll say about it in his Sliding Doors segment

If Luke Beveridge doesn't apologize for his actions at the Brownlow...
Then he probably isn't sorry for what happened
If Luke Beveridge ever lays his hands on me again ...
Then I'll sue for assault and battery and clean the campaigner out

Garard and Robbo could end a football identities career if they wanted, there is a lot of faceless power in writing. Even if a journalist apologizes for something they will have taken their pound of flesh.
Gerard yes, Robbo no. Does anyone actually take Robbo seriously? Robbo taking over from Mike Sheehan is like me taking over from Chris Judd. If the man were any dumber we'd have to water him.

Gerard yes, Robbo no. Does anyone actually take Robbo seriously? Robbo taking over from Mike Sheehan is like me taking over from Chris Judd. If the man were any dumber we'd have to water him.
He can bring the weight of a big paper to bear, just look what they did to Bennell.

He can bring the weight of a big paper to bear, just look what they did to Bennell.
I agree, their power is disproportionate to their relevance , but there are some rare decent journos who can hold morons like Robbo and those like him, to account.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back