Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
Wow, what an absolutely brilliant appointment by the Doggies, instilled a toughness and pressure into a (previously) talented, but somewhat timid playing group ..

I know the Dogs copped some heat for sacking McCartney and their off-field turmoil last season, but they look like such a rejuvenated footy club.

Congrats Dogs fans, you're on a winner with 'The Drink' as your new coach:)

Far too early to call. He's certainly off the a flying start and has the Dogs playing a positive, disciplined brand. Most new coaches possess original insights and philosophies; might be two years or more before we know whether he's able to adapt and evolve.

And to think we could have signed him when we chose to sign the angry dwarf.

sigh

At least you didn't completely Neeld the situation up.

Still have lots of soft outsiders, won't make the 8, forward line is insect like.

Dude, the list needs PLENTY of work yet. Obviously.

But you say we "won't make the 8" like ANYONE thought we'd be out of the bottom 4 this year. (And we still might end up there.)

Either way, any position higher than 17th is better than most had us pegged for this year. So I reckon give the guy some credit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not many teams have gotten their appointments right. Bulldogs got theirs 'spot on'. Credit to them. Team on the rise.

Doing a great job, but the Dogs played a tough, contested brand of footy last year.

Stringer and Macrae are now 3rd year players, Bontempelli is into his 2nd and isn't human, Johnannisen, Jong, Talia etc. are starting to look like young players who deserve a spot rather than young players who are in the side to see if they're up to it etc. Even someone like Koby Stevens who regularly got a game by virtue of being up to the physical standard of AFL footy when others with arguably more potential probably weren't is now on the fringes of the 22 and has to play a role to keep a spot in the side.

I think Griffen, Cooney and Higgins leaving is a blessing in disguise. They're not relying on these guys or making excuses/expecting others to be fill ins if they're out, the next gen are legitimately running the show and doing a great job 4 rounds in. Boyd is still raw and has kicked 6 goals in 4 games, but they do look better having a tall target up forward.

Exciting times ahead, hopefully they can keep it going.

Still have lots of soft outsiders, won't make the 8, forward line is insect like.
you will probably make the 8 coz you must be talking about North right, coz no one predicted theyd (dogs) make the 8, but right now they are going nice enough to win at least 10 games which would be a pleasing result.

Was Crows vs Dogs a contest for the next great supercoach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back