Luke Breust vs Jeff Garlett

Breust vs Garlett

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As for Curnow he will be fighting with Ellard and Armfield for that final spot in your best 22. One of them is a must play IMO. :thumbsu:

Curnow is showing plenty at training and has slightly improved his kicking, so I have hime in front of the others.

Just for being cheeky I'll now make it a Garlett >>> Breust.
Seriously though, both the boys were coming from a long way back, so it's great that they've both found good homes and are repaying the faith shown in them.

Garlett because Breust goes missing in big Games. Sure he has only played one season but at this stage Garlett is better. That being said Breust should still turn into a more than handy player who may even turn out better than Garlett

Garlett because Breust goes missing in big Games. Sure he has only played one season but at this stage Garlett is better. That being said Breust should still turn into a more than handy player who may even turn out better than Garlett

I think Garlett is a better small forward, but I can see Breust playing more up the ground. Garlett due to being the same size as a coat hanger is pretty much a small forward and thats it, that said, over the coming years I reckon there wont be a better small forward in the game.

I think Garlett is a better small forward, but I can see Breust playing more up the ground. Garlett due to being the same size as a coat hanger is pretty much a small forward and thats it, that said, over the coming years I reckon there wont be a better small forward in the game.

That's not entirely true? Garlett has potential for midfield time, see the Brisbane game even if it was a training drill after half time.

Although Jeffy is small, he is very competitive and can hold his own in the contest and is a very good tackler. He uses his break away speed to great effect and will be spending more time in the middle to allow more rotations.

That's not entirely true? Garlett has potential for midfield time, see the Brisbane game even if it was a training drill after half time.

Although Jeffy is small, he is very competitive and can hold his own in the contest and is a very good tackler. He uses his break away speed to great effect and will be spending more time in the middle to allow more rotations.

Not against the good teams he wont.Against teams lower on the ladder or middle rung teams, absolutely, but I will be shocked to see Garlett spend time in the middle this friday night. That said, this poll should be closed, Breust isnt in Garletts league.

hehe compared to Garlett who has been missing in every game.

As of right now, Bruest by the length of the flemington straight. Really consistant year from Punky, doing everything from forward pressure acts, kicking goals, getting more posessions and more tackles. Good season from the youngster.

Garlett, seriously lucky to still be in the side, in fact, lucky to have been in the side for any of the last 6-8 weeks

Not against the good teams he wont.Against teams lower on the ladder or middle rung teams, absolutely, but I will be shocked to see Garlett spend time in the middle this friday night. That said, this poll should be closed, Breust isnt in Garletts league.
Poll suggests otherwise
redface.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on what exactly?

Garlett's been in shocking form this year and his kicking for goal has fallen away completely so have to go Breust. Prior to this season Garlett. I'd take Betts over either of them.

Based on what exactly?

Based on their careers to date. Breust is still yet to match Garlett's best season.

Garlett has been in shocking form this season and while it appears to be an opportune time to bump, Breust has still only managed 8 more goals than Jeffy. Nah, Luke needs to down a few more bags of flour before he gets near Jeffy. Meanwhile Jeffy desperately needs to try and recapture the formline that made him one of the best small forwards in the league.

Based on their careers to date. Breust is still yet to match Garlett's best season.

Garlett has been in shocking form this season and while it appears to be an opportune time to bump, Breust has still only managed 8 more goals than Jeffy. Nah, Luke needs to down a few more bags of flour before he gets near Jeffy. Meanwhile Jeffy desperately needs to try and recapture the formline that made him one of the best small forwards in the league.

Garlett, like most of the current Carlton team, now have a reputation as soft front runners. Everyone has voted Breust, just accept reality.

Garlett, like most of the current Carlton team, now have a reputation as soft front runners. Everyone has voted Breust, just accept reality.

This doesn't counter anything I said? Why quote me if you're just going to babble on about some random s**t?

I accept the reality of this poll result; now just click on the xx vote(s) and you can join me ;) LOL

Garlett currently has the worst case of the yips I've ever seen.

Still a talent though. Had a kid over the off-season, I imagine his life has been pretty hectic due to it and his form has suffered.

Though he missed a few shots against the Pies his work rate around the ground was top notch. Here's hoping he and the rest of the team can build over the next few weeks and carry some decent form into 2013.

So you think that the answer is so obvious that Breust "isn't in Garlett's league? Bruest's season this is year is pretty similar to Garlett's last year.

So you think that the answer is so obvious that Breust "isn't in Garlett's league?

I don't know about so obvious, but yes, that's my answer. Garlett has higher benchmarks.

Bruest's season this is year is pretty similar to Garlett's last year.

I'd say it's probably more similar to Garlett's 2010. Breust has been in hot form recently, as have Hawthorn, but he wasn't so much earlier in the year.

I'd say it's probably more similar to Garlett's 2010. Breust has been in hot form recently, as have Hawthorn, but he wasn't so much earlier in the year.

His early form wasn't great but overall, they are both comparable seasons. Both snagging about 2 goals a game with 4+ tackles and Breust getting a bit more of the ball than Jeffery.

Will be interesting to see how he goes against Collingwood/Essendon/Geelong as he has traditionally struggled against the better sides. However if he can keep his form through those games, I'd have no problem comparing him to some of the leagues better small forwards.

His early form wasn't great but overall, they are both comparable seasons. Both snagging about 2 goals a game with 4+ tackles and Breust getting a bit more of the ball than Jeffery.

Yeah, I don't really see it that way. The Hawks hit their stride and Breust hit his. He's been a really consistent performer since then too, but he's still a touch off Garlett of last year. Jeffy has more danger-factor. I mean aside from Gold Coast, Breust has not kicked more than 3 goals in a game.

Will be interesting to see how he goes against Collingwood/Essendon/Geelong as he has traditionally struggled against the better sides. However if he can keep his form through those games, I'd have no problem comparing him to some of the leagues better small forwards.

Oh he's good. I just think he's a step off the pace of guys like Betts and Milne atm and Jeffy was right up there on form last year. Breust has been playing better this season, but he hasn't yet quite got to the level from where Jeffy has dropped IMO.

I don't know about so obvious, but yes, that's my answer. Garlett has higher benchmarks.

No mate, more like last season. In fact Bruest has garlett covered on Garletts 2011 form. Quit while you're behind.

Back