Luke Darcy is the worst commentator i've ever heard call a football match

Remove this Banner Ad

Macca81

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2012
Maylands
AFL Club
West Coast
Tonight Hawks vs Sydney match is the first time ive heard Darcy try to call the play during the game, and he is hands down the worst commentator ive ever listened to. He made BT look like a literary genius. Kelly Underwood does a much better job of commentating, and dare i say it, but a better voice for the job as well.

Channel 7 are really scraping the bottom of the barrel right now. Surely commentating at the highest level requires some sort of qualification. Should be mandatory that all commentators for AFL games must have received A's in English throughout high school, and preferably have an undergraduate university degree in media training or something.

Really made watching the game awful. The spectacle of watching a high level close game with great intensity, was overshadowed by some of the most appalling commentary ever heard worldwide.

NO MORE.

Sadly Bruce and Dennis do other things on Saturday nights :oops:

Yeah well - BT said Rioli had a gymnastic attack and I gave up on life after that.

an-Dwayne-20Russell-20120704112426413118-200x0.jpg

Not a fan of Darcy and his redundant remarks, but Bruce and Dennis are still the worst by far, as they're actually complete idiots.

If you thought the Cyril fapping was bad tonight, it would've been about 100 times worse with Bruce commentating.

Tonight Hawks vs Sydney match is the first time ive heard Darcy try to call the play during the game, and he is hands down the worst commentator ive ever listened to. He made BT look like a literary genius. Kelly Underwood does a much better job of commentating, and dare i say it, but a better voice for the job as well.

Channel 7 are really scraping the bottom of the barrel right now. Surely commentating at the highest level requires some sort of qualification. Should be mandatory that all commentators for AFL games must have received A's in English throughout high school, and preferably have an undergraduate university degree in media training or something.

Really made watching the game awful. The spectacle of watching a high level close game with great intensity, was overshadowed by some of the most appalling commentary ever heard worldwide.

NO MORE.

The AFL and the media outlets surrounding it are made up of boys' clubs who prefer boofhead former players who can barely compose a sentence over people who are actually capable of articulating themselves in a coherent, level manner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL and the media outlets surrounding it are made up of boys' clubs who prefer boofhead former players who can barely compose a sentence over people who are actually capable of articulating themselves in a coherent, level manner.

This.

Occasionally they are even more *-witted than usual, as is the case with Darcy.

He's not the best but I can put up with him. Bruce however, makes me look for alternate options as his weird groaning becomes unbearable. OOOHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWW DONT CHA JUST LOVE HIM!? ******* unbearable.

His voice is just not conducive to doing play-by-play commentary. I cannot fathom how the powers to be could have given him the green light to assume the new role. Surely he would have been subjected to some sort of mock trial run which would have highlighted just how inept he is?

I actually think BT has the best voice for commentary and I find him very amusing and it is a shame that all the criticism that he received last year has caused Channel 7 to half his responsibilities, which has opened the door for the man in question.

Why do we need ex-players calling the play-by-play? Sure, get them involved for special comments by all means, but the commentating role needs to be reserved for a professional. Darcy is far from it.
i agree a lot on that you need a professional like Adam White or Francis Leach who called that game for ABC or even Rex or even Bruce Eva or Michael Christian

Luke Darcy and BT need to be sacked asap.

His voice is just not conducive to doing play-by-play commentary. I cannot fathom how the powers to be could have given him the green light to assume the new role. Surely he would have been subjected to some sort of mock trial run which would have highlighted just how inept he is?

I actually think BT has the best voice for commentary and I find him very amusing and it is a shame that all the criticism that he received last year has caused Channel 7 to half his responsibilities, which has opened the door for the man in question.

BT was better on radio years ago than he is on tv. I hate how he ends up chit chatting with Darcy, Richo etc about random inane stuff for an extra 2-3 minutes while the play continues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back