Luke Darcy is the worst commentator i've ever heard call a football match

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Darcy and BT need to be sacked asap.

BT was better on radio years ago than he is on tv. I hate how he ends up chit chatting with Darcy, Richo etc about random inane stuff for an extra 2-3 minutes while the play continues.
i say one thing the abc guys dont do is the chit chatting they call the game straight

I don't like the way he goes about it, I wouldn't have thought.
Surely with a billion dollar property you would pay anything for the best in the business to present it.
Instead we get BT and Darce, the 3MMM sidekicks. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe TV is the pits, and radio is where it's at, because that's where the best are.

I'm trying to enjoy the football tonight, but fair dinkum, this blokes shocking, 40-going-on-13-year-olds barely pubescent voice ruins the entire spectacle for me. Alex Browne for the Dons kicks a ripper goal, and this fool ruins the moment by opening his mouth, and shitting in our ears.

How can channel 7 continue using him?

Can we coax Kelli Underwood back to TV commentating? As much as I hated hearing her voice, I'd take anything over captain Luke "say that again? I too stupid" Darcy.

Case in point, here is LD ruining one of my favourite Richmond goals this year:

The disappointment of getting home from that Richmond V Essendon game, and finding Darce had commentated that great moment actually surpasses watching Bachar Houli bombing the ball down the centre this afternoon, with a minute on the clock.

last night, darcy decided to join BT on terming Monfries as "mon-freeze", and then threw in a "e-bert" for good measure. amazing how one terrible caller can feed off another when both are let loose on a game together.
the constant baiting of richo was boring two years ago. its worse than its ever been. too often last night, he was caught up in inane banter while play was going on, none of which was described. part of that is to disguise how many players darcy and BT simply don't know - which is bad enough for two extremely highly paid "commentators"

Do TV networks do study groups on their sports commentators/analysts.

Or they just don't care?

Do TV networks do study groups on their sports commentators/analysts.

Or they just don't care?

It's the old story not what you know who you know, and for Darcy to get a gig he has to know some one because he is woefully in apt, being polite. Get rid of him 7.

I'm trying to enjoy the football tonight, but fair dinkum, this blokes shocking, 40-going-on-13-year-olds barely pubescent voice ruins the entire spectacle for me. Alex Browne for the Dons kicks a ripper goal, and this fool ruins the moment by opening his mouth, and shitting in our ears.

How can channel 7 continue using him?

Can we coax Kelli Underwood back to TV commentating? As much as I hated hearing her voice, I'd take anything over captain Luke "say that again? I too stupid" Darcy.

Case in point, here is LD ruining one of my favourite Richmond goals this year:

The disappointment of getting home from that Richmond V Essendon game, and finding Darce had commentated that great moment actually surpasses watching Bachar Houli bombing the ball down the centre this afternoon, with a minute on the clock.

He just has such a displeasing commentary voice.

His thing while commentating seems to be "He can do anything this bloke" or "They can do anything this team". I've heard him say it plenty of times, several times in reference to Cyril Rioli.

Usually while his voice sounds like he's just finished singing at a death metal concert.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has this bad habit of getting REALLY EXCITED AND LOUD ABOUT A GOAL THEN speaking quieter
reallyquicklytofinishoffthesentencebeforethead. Look out for it next game, it's ridiculous.
you know he ruined of the best games ive watched all year(Port Roos) with his calling so much i had to listen to the ABC call with Francis Leach and Matt Hill those two guys made Luke Darcy look good-not only were they excitable but they called the game accurately(that game was on ABC in SA,NT and TAS while everyone else got the other game i heard that call on the AFL web site)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back