Luke Hodge or Sam Mitchell

If you had to choose between Luke Hodge or Sam Mitchell, who would you take?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell.

If I had to pick 2 players in the league over the past decade (2004-2014) that I think have been so consistently good, it would be Mitchell and Riewoldt without even hesitating. They've been great year in, year out.

Ablett and Buddy kicked on from about 2007/2008 onwards.

Love Hodge, but Sam for mine if we're talking over their careers.

Even talking over full careers, Hodge has still been pretty solid over his whole career. AA in 2005 and wouldn't have looked out of place in the AA team last year (still don't really know how he wasn't in the top 40?).

It's only the years where he's been injured where he is down. Mitch has just managed to be injured less.

Mitchell.

If I had to pick 2 players in the league over the past decade (2004-2014) that I think have been so consistently good, it would be Mitchell and Riewoldt without even hesitating. They've been great year in, year out.

Ablett and Buddy kicked on from about 2007/2008 onwards.

Love Hodge, but Sam for mine if we're talking over their careers.

I have just been learning over the toilet bowl for the last five minutes bringing up my lunch reading that name:thumbsdown:

Mitchell is seriously underrated, should have Brownlows.

Hodge can do some great things, but Mitchell week in week out is massive for you guys. If I could get to choose one player to be missing from Hawthorn for a week when the cats have played them over the years, (and coming years) Mitchell would be my pick.

I've been a Hawthorn supporter for 18 years and I can't think of a better, more productive, more skilled and talented midfielder then Sam Mitchell.

For an undersized player who isn't quick, who pre-draft was considered by many AFL recruiters as too slow and too small for the modern game, it's been a remarkable career by Mitchell forging his name as the best center clearance player in the league and arguably he's the best handballer as well. Sublime skills all-round.

When he retires he will go down as one of our best midfielders of all-time.

I've been a Hawthorn supporter for 18 years and I can't think of a better, more productive, more skilled and talented midfielder then Sam Mitchell.

For an undersized player who isn't quick, who pre-draft was considered by many AFL recruiters as too slow and too small for the modern game, it's been a remarkable career by Mitchell forging his name as the best center clearance player in the league and arguably he's the best handballer as well. Sublime skills all-round.

When he retires he will go down as one of our best midfielders of all-time.
He will go down as a Hawthorn Legend and possibly go down in the AFL Hall of Fame.

Both Mitchell and Hodge should end up in the AFL Hall of Fame.

Mitchell consistently great across his career. Tallied heaps of Brownlow votes and so unlucky not to have at least 2 of the medals. Captained a young side to an upset premiership over one of the greatest home & away sides ever. Not to mention how ever many club B&Fs.

Hodge is the archetype legendary footballer. An inspiring leader who leads from the front and has never taken a step back on the field. Dual Norm Smith medals is a feat not matched by many as well as captaining a club to B2B flags. The fact he went pick 1 in the legendary 2001 super draft and there is still plenty of valid arguments to say that was the right choice despite names like Ablett, Judd, Mitchell and Swan being there speaks volumes.

Sam Mitchell is one of the best midfielders the game has ever seen. Consistently racking up massive numbers of quality damaging possessions. Exquisitely skilled on both sides by hand or foot. Amazing vision with the ball, amazing ability to get the ball. Works in under the packs - the complete inside player yet never resorts to dirty tactics - just beats his opponents. Everything a footballer should be on and off the field - always had an impeccable record. Brilliant role model for all your kids.

I choose Hodge just.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey they both kick goals, they both play defence of a sort, they both lead the team, they both look good,:)
they talk well, they have good family credentials, they work together, they work one end to another,

just can't decide.. HM !

Back