Luke Hodge v Chris Judd

Who would you pick first?

• Luke Hodge

Votes: 218 37.8%
  • Chris Judd

Votes: 359 62.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd shits all over Hodge as a player. Face it.

Yeah Judd at his best was clearly the superior player and been better over his whole career, currently I think Hodge is the better player though and Hodge is also better at getting the best out of his teammates thats my honest assessment of the situation.

Yeah Judd at his best was clearly the superior player and been better over his whole career, currently I think Hodge is the better player though and Hodge is also better at getting the best out of his teammates thats my honest assessment of the situation.
Right now he is. But Judd is one of the top 5 from the last 15 years. So Hawthorn supporters arguing that Hodge is better are kidding themselves.

Right now he is. But Judd is one of the top 5 from the last 15 years. So Hawthorn supporters arguing that Hodge is better are kidding themselves.

Yeah thats fair enough, its probably due to the fact that most Hawks fans if we could visit 2001 draft day we wouldn't change our selection from Luke Hodge.

Its a fair call but I would personally disagree with it. As a player Judd has Hodge well and truly covered

Yeah as I said individually Judd has had the superior to career can't argue with that, but from the Hawthorn Perspective would we have more than 3 flags if we drafted Judd instead of Hodge? Highly unlikely.

Yeah as I said individually Judd has had the superior to career can't argue with that, but from the Hawthorn Perspective would we have more than 3 flags if we drafted Judd instead of Hodge? Highly unlikely.

Count last years flag off the list because the team completely annihilated Sydney. Even if Hodge missed, you still would have won by 6 goals. 2012 & 2013 he was pretty quiet. Was terrific in the 08 grand final but swap the players around and I think you get a little more consistency from Judd in all four grand finals Hawthorn have played in thus far, so perhaps you may have just sneaked over the line against Sydney in 2012?

Count last years flag off the list because the team completely annihilated Sydney. Even if Hodge missed, you still would have won by 6 goals. 2012 & 2013 he was pretty quiet. Was terrific in the 08 grand final but swap the players around and I think you get a little more consistency from Judd in all four grand finals Hawthorn have played in thus far, so perhaps you may have just sneaked over the line against Sydney in 2012?

Hahahaha if we had Judd injured all year last year we would probably not even made the GF that coupled with Mitchell being out in the midfield might have been a bridge too far, Also having Judd win a Brownlow in 2004 means we don't finish 15th and draft Buddy and Roughie so we'd probably still be flagless since 1991.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahaha if we had Judd injured all year last year we would probably not even made the GF that coupled with Mitchell being out in the midfield might have been a bridge too far, Also having Judd win a Brownlow in 2004 means we don't finish 15th and draft Buddy and Roughie so we'd probably still be flagless since 1991.

true but then again, would Judd have even been rushed back into the side had he been under the watchful eye of Alaister Clarkson as opposed to Mick Malthouse?
So perhaps he may never had done that injury to begin with which means he could have returned in time for finals.

Obviously it's all hypothetical so we'll never ever know but it's always good for a discussion.

Hodge has never been compared to Ablett jnr, arguably the best player ever, or st least the least 15 years. Chris judd has. That's telling if you ask me.

Leigh Matthews is the greatest player, and Judd has never been compared to him. This answers two questions.

Hodge has never been compared to Ablett jnr, arguably the best player ever, or st least the least 15 years. Chris judd has. That's telling if you ask me.
Hodge is closer to Judd than Judd Is to Ablett.

Judd is so hyped when he plays a decent game. Even last night people were talking about how he is "back". He played on a first gamer, payed him little respect and was creamed by him.

Yes he was and?

well compare it to Hodge during that time and he has no AFLPA MVP award, two less All Australian awards, no Brownlow medals, but has had the privilege of playing in a superior football team which has enabled him to play in three more grand finals securing two premierships in the process.

Fair to say Chris Judd has still been the better footballer during his time at Carlton. Had Judd gone to Hawthorn in 2008, it boggles the mind to think of what he may have done throughout all those finals series, not to mention in the big ones.

well compare it to Hodge during that time and he has no AFLPA MVP award, two less All Australian awards, no Brownlow medals, but has had the privilege of playing in a superior football team which has enabled him to play in three more grand finals securing two premierships in the process.

Fair to say Chris Judd has still been the better footballer during his time at Carlton. Had Judd gone to Hawthorn in 2008, it boggles the mind to think of what he may have done throughout all those finals series, not to mention in the big ones.

Arguably better is different to shits all over. I think Hodge has been the decisively better player but I probably won't convince many people otherwise.

Arguably better is different to shits all over. I think Hodge has been the decisively better player but I probably won't convince many people otherwise.

Very close and looking at their finals stats between the period of 2008-2014;
Judd averaged 24.3 disposals, 12 contested possessions, 5.5 clearances, 0.5 goals, 1 goal assist per game.
Hodge averaged 20.5 disposals, 8 contested possessions, 2.7 clearances, 0.7 goals, 0.3 goal assists per game.

Back