Luke Hodge v Chris Judd

Who would you pick first?

• Luke Hodge

Votes: 218 37.8%
  • Chris Judd

Votes: 359 62.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah forgot he is 2001 as well. But you get the point. Both are good players but if it was redone today knowing what we know would be Judd ahead of hodge

Once again I agree.

For Hawthorn I would pick Hodge, but this is with the benefit of hindsight having been able to see what he's done for us over the years.

Clean slate, I'd have to go:

Ablett
Judd
Hodge
Mitchell
Swan
Bartel
Johnson
etc.

But that is my humble opinion, and I'm sure others will disagree.

Once again I agree.

For Hawthorn I would pick Hodge, but this is with the benefit of hindsight having been able to see what he's done for us over the years.

Clean slate, I'd have to go:

Ablett
Judd
Hodge
Mitchell
Swan
Bartel
Johnson
etc.

But that is my humble opinion, and I'm sure others will disagree.
Ablett, Judd
#3 Mitchell #4 Swan 5# Hodge
Bartel, Johnson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does Grant Birchall consistently beat Luke Hodge in the B&F if Hodge is so great? Judd by miles.

Man, you got no heart. Psyched out even by your imagination.

Would not want to be playing in a footy side with you.
That's fine with me.

No doubt Judd has had an exceptional career and his resume' is unbelievable.

However the real test is that this season when one bloke was effectively talked out of retirement, the other won captained his side, won a Norm Smith and became a 3 time premiership player.

Judd is a future Hall of Famer, and every superlative has been used. But walking up the race, i know i'd rather be walking behind Luke Hodge regardless of his individual accolades, for that i'd pick him first every day of the week.

Interesting also that Judd only averages 1 more possession per game than Hodge over their careers, and in the past 5 seasons Hodgey has a higher Effective Disposal % than Judd. Give me 20 Hodge disposals over 30 Juddy ones.

Oh and Hodge doesnt chicken wing or eye gouge.

Last edited:
No doubt Judd has had an exceptional career and his resume' is unbelievable.

However the real test is that this season when one bloke was effectively talked out of retirement, the other won captained his side, won a Norm Smith and became a 3 time premiership player.

Judd is a future Hall of Famer, and every superlative has been used. But walking up the race, i know i'd rather be walking behind Luke Hodge regardless of his individual accolades, for that i'd pick him first every day of the week.

Oh and Hodge doesnt chicken wing or eye gouge.
So the real test is one is currently part of a better team and the most recent season is the only one that counts?

Hodge may be a better leader and you could argue that his impact to a team is greater than Judd's but I wouldn't have thought it would be on the basis you've described. If you'd posted something like Hodge may not be as good individually but he makes his teammates better through his leadership and as such has a greater overall impact then that would've been a better argument I'd say.

Back