Luke Hodge - where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this thread.

Hodge and Lewis have had massive months for us. Killing it every game.

Lewis is in career best form ATM

Yep...And were going to need them both to be in as good a shape & form come Finals, if we are to go back to back!....Not to mention keeping both of them in the centre square for most of the match where they both belong, thank you very much!

Love this thread.

Hodge and Lewis have had massive months for us. Killing it every game.

Lewis is in career best form ATM

Agreed with this. He has been amazing. Stepped up to become that genuine A Grade mid that we all thought he could be.

Title says it all.

Seems to have lost the ability to kick, he's always been slow and today he made some uncharacteristically bad decisions.

Seems to still have the ability to kick, he's not slow and today he again made some characteristically great decisions.

Amiright?

;)

He made one mistake by getting caught but so did Sammy! I said to my mate that this is the type of game we need Hodgey winning clearances in the middle cuz for a bloke who isn't quick, he does actually break the lines better than Mitch, Lewis, Shiels and co. And then Bang! Up steps the Great One to take the game by the scruff of the neck...10 clearancese !!! The Hodge - Lewis - Shiels - Burgoyne Combo needs to have a HUGE game against the Swans or 'Houston, we have a problem!'

Seems to still have the ability to kick, he's not slow and today he again made some characteristically great decisions.

Amiright?

;)

He's playing well, no doubt. Still shanking them occasionally though.

Adelaide are still a mediocre side though, amirite?

Has the most votes for Hawthorn in the AFLCA award with 37.

So he is currently a very good chance to be "at" first in the Peter Crimmins Medal.

Love Hodgey! He gets a bake only because of One Team! Geelong! That's the only side he struggles against yet completely dismantles every other side but because of his quite games against the Cats, Hodge seems to get smashed by our own. Let's wait 'till Round 22 cuz I have a feeling so is he.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Hodgey! He gets a bake only because of One Team! Geelong! That's the only side he struggles against yet completely dismantles every other side but because of his quite games against the Cats, Hodge seems to get smashed by our own. Let's wait 'till Round 22 cuz I have a feeling so is he.

It might help his cause if Clarko was to play him in the centre for a change against the CATS, rather than wasting him in defence, where his Geelong opponent only strives to take him away from the action!!!!!

Hate to be a party pooper but even with Hodgey finding the footy as well as anytime in his career, I fear that age is catching up with him at an alarming rate. The most glaring example is how his disposal effectiveness has dropped off. Because he has lost a yard of pace he is constantly under pressure and rushed when disposing of the footy particularly as he is winning it in close more often. He simply cannot get any separation from his opponents due to his lack of speed and agility. For one who's been know as a Gun kick all his career it is sad to see him now become just an average user of the footy. Sure he is still capable of the odd bit of wizardry with his boot but those days are now few and far between. Don't get me wrong Hodgey is still going to play a massive part during our premiership defence but I fear the end is coming nearer ever so quickly for our champion skipper.

Title says it all.

Seems to have lost the ability to kick, he's always been slow and today he made some uncharacteristically bad decisions.

Title says it all?
Best thread ever created!

Hodgey was at the MCG last night, killing it!

Think he is in our best 22 IMO

Has a lot of potential & one of a few right foot kickers in the team. Should be in the leadership group..........a lot to offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back