Luke Hodge - where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, that's a hawthorn video, of course he'll say that. In every interview he's conducted since he left brisbane people ask him where his heart is at, he reckons it's not anywhere, he doesn't barrack for any team or feel a connection with any team. Now he'll say he has a connection with brisbane (because he does.)

Yet he sounded so made up during the GF last season.

Yet he sounded so made up during the GF last season.

Matthews is one of those blokes who has achieved enough in the game with enough clubs to transcend that club rivalry. Barassi is another. I'm sure he has some Hawthorn in him still, but I don't hold it against him that he's outgrown (poor word really) the club thing.

Yeah, that's a hawthorn video, of course he'll say that. In every interview he's conducted since he left brisbane people ask him where his heart is at, he reckons it's not anywhere, he doesn't barrack for any team or feel a connection with any team. Now he'll say he has a connection with brisbane (because he does.)

Fair enough. He'll always by hawthorn to me though.

As will the great man Hodgie regardless of where he inevitably coaches.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went to the Tiges to start out. Was a huge Tigers supporter growing up.

I am rapt that Hodgey has won this award. I recall a debate on he radio earlier in the season between two 'experts' about who is the best captain in the league; Selwood (so courageous) or Watson (so brave), Hodgey wasn't even mentioned :confused: Good to see his peers acknowledge him :thumbsu:

Can't think of a better captain than Hodge in my time watching footy. Well above guys like Voss, Carey, Brown, Selwood...

Mitchell the other week said something like he is the best player he has ever seen when on the field without the ball in his hands. he was talking about the amount of influence he has on a game when he is not involved. Things like commanding the troops, setting up structures, teaching players what to do during a game, etc.

Can't think of a better captain than Hodge in my time watching footy. Well above guys like Voss, Carey, Brown, Selwood...

Mitchell the other week said something like he is the best player he has ever seen when on the field without the ball in his hands. he was talking about the amount of influence he has on a game when he is not involved. Things like commanding the troops, setting up structures, teaching players what to do during a game, etc.
Slight correction needed here. Hodge is always involved :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's the league's best captain at now? Apparently, at the Royal Children's Hospital with Ablett and Petrie. :thumbsu: Maybe he should have brought along the Spangh to perform some miracles? :D

Reckon Ablett has that covered

Where's the league's best captain at now? Apparently, at the Royal Children's Hospital with Ablett and Petrie. :thumbsu: Maybe he should have brought along the Spangh to perform some miracles? :D

Now the guy is on the Footy Show spruiking a Kids Cancer cause. Geez, how about giving a little back to the community, Hodgey? :p

Me neither but crazywildhorse raises some good points. It seems unlikely he would be appointed senior coach at Hawthorn without a lengthy apprenticeship and some experience at another club. Maybe we could send him off to coach in the SANFL or something.

a long as we never see him at the cattery or windy hill....................

The worst part is even when it was pretty clear Hodge was having a good season the poster didn't come in and apologise for doubting the great man.

Apologise to who? If hodge has been reading this thread I'll gladly take the credit for turning his form around after he took my comments to heart.

He's had a good season after a shakey start and is still a valuable player. I won't be happy until we win the gf though.

Apologise to who? If hodge has been reading this thread I'll gladly take the credit for turning his form around after he took my comments to heart.

He's had a good season after a shakey start and is still a valuable player. I won't be happy until we win the gf though.

Hope your poker games go better than your posting!

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back