Player Watch Luke Lowden (2009-14)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knew this young man was so instrumental in our Threepeat?
I certainly had no idea.

Have a listen from about the 12:40 mark and you will see what I mean.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2022
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I certainly had no idea.

Nice spot. Credit to the kid. In that kind of environment, to speak up and be critical of senior colleagues takes intelligence and courage.

(As a bonus, at 18 mins Hodgey denies doing the chainsaw when celebrating his boundary line goal in the GF against the Eagles. Liar! That was a tiny chainsaw.)

I certainly had no idea.

That’s fantastic. I hope this has been highlighted for our current young crop so they can really be shown how significant anyones input can be, especially by Sam who was apart of the group at the time. I personally would be motivated and lifted hearing a memory like this reflected by such influential players. A lot of young guys could quite easily have the right things to say and bury it because they are ‘afraid’ of calling out highly regarded or senior club figures. How encouraging. Love it.

Feb 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That’s fantastic. I hope this has been highlighted for our current young crop so they can really be shown how significant anyones input can be, especially by Sam who was apart of the group at the time. I personally would be motivated and lifted hearing a memory like this reflected by such influential players. A lot of young guys could quite easily have the right things to say and bury it because they are ‘afraid’ of calling out highly regarded or senior club figures. How encouraging. Love it.

Without fully knowing the goings on - Lowden wasn’t getting a game for a really long time playing fairly decent footy at VFL level. He probs felt he had nothing to lose by just being straight up honest at that point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back