Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should never line up in the BP again. What the **** was McMahon in the side for then ?!

They moved him further up the ground in the last when the game was over, shock horror, he instantly got it 4-5 times. About the same amount of times BMAC got it in around 90 minutes in the same position.

He dominated for Oakleigh out of the center square, he was BOG for Werribee in the finals...............in the midfield

BMac just doesn't look up to it to be honest. Yes beautiful kick, but the rest of his game is so underwhelming its not funny. Watched him closely tonight hoping that the Geelong game was the penny dropped moment, but no usual slow of mind football from BMac. He reacts half an hour behind everyone else which makes him look even slower.

LMac has more potential in his left toenail.

The only one that seems to think BMac is AFL standard is BS.

Luke acquitted himself well. Yeh there was the opening howler but Mr Endurance who is good enough to be a certified leader did the same thing at a much more crucial point in the match.

Not sure how it translated on tellie but Luke ran pretty hard to contests. He was constantly cramping up and you'd have thought he's the senior player he was yelling at other players and directing traffic.

Not a bad effort for a first gamer especially in a comprehensively s**t side.

Yeah I was pretty impressed too. His kicking was average all night and should get better when he adjusts.

Why the **** wasn't he on the wing?

He's a midfielder, none of our other midfielders looked like they gave a *, so why wasn't he moved up the ground earlier?

His first kick was terrible but has some confidence and arrogance about him. Loved it when he won that contest against Jobe and Chappy.

He stays in the team.

Kid looks a gun. Really looked a step above most of his team mates. Talk about a tough job in your first game. Was that pregame bit where he was telling his dad he got a game legit or scripted? Was pretty cool

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Kid looks a gun. Really looked a step above most of his team mates. Talk about a tough job in your first game. Was that pregame bit where he was telling his dad he got a game legit or scripted? Was pretty cool

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
It was legit. The camera followed him around for a bit that day. They even showed footage of them revealing they put a hidden camera in Donald's office.

Kid showed more balls than some of his more senior teammates.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the defence was under siege most of the night I reckon he did pretty well.

I think we will get a better idea next week against the Doggies where (hopefully) he might have more time to set up and use his kicking skills.

He looked pretty composed in heavy traffic. The bad kick first up really just didn't come of the boot very well. His vision was good as there was a player beyond chappy. And if his backing himself to hit a target 55 meters away ots not necessarily a bad thing.

That gutsy spoil early in the first was stirring stuff.

Also was fun watching his reactions every time he stuffed up. Was very dirty on himself which is an endearing attitude.

Through all the crap we sat through last night finally getting to see Luke play for North Melbourne was awesome.
It's pretty weird but after following his junior career since it was obvious we had a potential star on our hands, you can't help having a soft spot for the lad.

Luke was very good.

Was 'that' kick that resulted in a goal the first kick in AFL?

He will laugh in jest sometime in the future about that on Premiership night.
I am old enough to remember Arch's first game at the MCG where he spent what seemed to be the entire game kicking it straight to the opposition.

I liked what I saw started shaky as expected on the big stage but showed plenty of promise later on. I don't expect most of us thought he would be in the play that much. Considering the barrage of ball coming into our defence his was nowhere close to the worst performers.

Showed some good signs with some errors. Really though, he's a 1st gamer and put on a better game than some of our senior players. I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back