Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was much better this week. Looked a lot more composed.

Still not sure about his composure...calling for it the ball running past, when his less then 2m away and there are 2 doggies players infront of him, thats something your taught is a no no in Under 14s football.

Or towards the end, just blindly kicking it over thomas' head to the advantage of picken.

could real of another 2-3 times, im not convinced about him.

Still not sure about his composure...calling for it the ball running past, when his less then 2m away and there are 2 doggies players infront of him, thats something your taught is a no no in Under 14s football.

Or towards the end, just blindly kicking it over thomas' head to the advantage of picken.

Bump this in 2-3 seasons time.......there no questioning this lad already. Where he ends up in people minds describing him ( thats to ones individual taste) but he is a ready made AFL player now.

Posted this on facebook so will just copy paste:

Gibbo got shoved in the back after the ball went over the line. Nothing in it but you expect the team to push back or something. Gibbo put his head down and sulked away. McDonald ran 10 meters just to give him a bump. Our team is soft. McDonald, Cunners, Jmac (yes, Jmac) and Ziebs will need to change that.

He's played a grand total of 2 games champ. And looked as composed as many more experienced players last night.

Posted this on facebook so will just copy paste:

Gibbo got shoved in the back after the ball went over the line. Nothing in it but you expect the team to push back or something. Gibbo put his head down and sulked away. McDonald ran 10 meters just to give him a bump. Our team is soft. McDonald, Cunners, Jmac (yes, Jmac) and Ziebs will need to change that.
Yeah I noticed that too. I actually turned to my mates at the time and said "that is absolutely brilliant leadership for a bloke playing his 2nd game". Most rookies are worried about themselves and keeping their spot in the team, Luke was the one North player who saw that and thought "hey, not on my watch!"

Good to see him bleed on the jumper for the first time.

The first of many I'm sure.

He's played a grand total of 2 games champ. And looked as composed as many more experienced players last night.
After one break in play (can't recall if it was the start of a quarter, or after a goal), the defensive group took their positions. No talk or body language going on, til Luke started revving them up. Shows real leadership qualities already.

Every now and then we just gotta remind ourselves that he is a kid and is capable of blunders.
However love his attitude towards the game and was really good for us last night, wish some of our other players had the same confidence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen a North footballer come in as ready as he has. Wells and Smith included.

Looks like he's already played the magical 70 - 80 games.

Also, soon, next week or two, he'll dob one of those trademark running bombs from outside 50 and commentators will jizz their daks and he'll be formally announced as Rising Star favourite.

Also, soon, next week or two, he'll dob one of those trademark running bombs from outside 50 and commentators will jizz their daks and he'll be formally announced as Rising Star favourite.

Hope you're right because i backed him at 23/1 on Sportingbet well before the season started.

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nah they will be too busy fellating each other in the box to notice.

After one break in play (can't recall if it was the start of a quarter, or after a goal), the defensive group took their positions. No talk or body language going on, til Luke started revving them up. Shows real leadership qualities already.

Noticed this last week. At 1/4 or 3/4 time was hi-5ing the boys as they came into the huddle - something no one else was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back