Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
Petrie Motlop sponsor '03
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's a typical Collingwood six footer, has very little upside, can't believe the the hype, yes he is AFL standard but * me he is nothing special, will only be a a half back flanker, big deal.

Augustine

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
He's a typical Collingwood six footer, has very little upside, can't believe the the hype, yes he is AFL standard but **** me he is nothing special, will only be a a half back flanker, big deal.

I've heard you say that half back back flanker is the easiest position on the field. It may well be. But tactically in modern football, it is essential. To have really good ones isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.

Watching him in the last two weeks I have been blown away by his on field leadership. I've never seen anything like it from a guy playing in his first couple of afl games. Was constantly getting over and encouraging team mates when they did something good and smashing into Port players when they attacked one of his team mates. I can see why he was made captain of his tac cup side. Gun leader

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How has jozeph survived on big footy or life in general for his long????
It's pretty easy when it's only bozos like you I have to deal with.

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who the * is John Riley?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He doesn't particularly stand out in general play (yet) but he has fit in seamlessly and already looks like a 50-60 game player.

Hugely impressive.
Top ten draft pick though, he's a couple of levels below Ziebell and Cunnington, heck even McKenzie gets more of it than the anointed one.

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

rooboy335

All Australian
Dec 15, 2005
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watching him in the last two weeks I have been blown away by his on field leadership. I've never seen anything like it from a guy playing in his first couple of afl games. Was constantly getting over and encouraging team mates when they did something good and smashing into Port players when they attacked one of his team mates. I can see why he was made captain of his tac cup side. Gun leader

Sent from my Nokia 3210

I think LT has a new challenger for best "high-fiver" and "bum patter". Honestly genuinely appears like he loves life at the moment and is happiest when he's out there playing for his club. Three or four times I looked up at the screen at replays of our goals or passages of play and Luke was always the first one on the scene at the end of plays, giving high-fives and encouragement. Keep it up young fella

Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Top ten draft pick though, he's a couple of levels below Ziebell and Cunnington, heck even McKenzie gets more of it than the anointed one.

How the * have you lasted 12 years?

Go do your usual s**t and troll on the main board. You don't have to troll your own as well.

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
McKenzie plays in the midfield so he's expected to get the ball more. How you can manage to be so negative around here after a win like that is incomprehensible
Oh so Mckenzies a mid fielder but McDonald is a half back flanker but Luke is a better footballer, okey mete.

I think LT has a new challenger for best "high-fiver" and "bum patter". Honestly genuinely appears like he loves life at the moment and is happiest when he's out there playing for his club. Three or four times I looked up at the screen at replays of our goals or passages of play and Luke was always the first one on the scene at the end of plays, giving high-fives and encouragement. Keep it up young fella
Yep he looked absolutely delighted when he had that little 1-2 with JMac on the wing in the 2nd (I think) quarter. Is clearly loving life ATM

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How the **** have you lasted 12 years?

Go do your usual s**t and troll on the main board. You don't have to troll your own as well.
Best answer I can give is I get it right on more occaisions than the rest, sorry about that and you are welcome to go back and research my posts, was right about Laidley, and looks like i'll be right about Scott, was right about Petrie too.

Roos Addick

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic
And smiling!!!

So nice to see a kid who obviously loves the club out there, doing well and giving his all AND having fun doing it!

Sent from beneath the blue and white using Tapatalk

NiceCunnington

Premiership Player
Nov 8, 2009
Altona Video Ezy
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hamish McIntosh
I expect a lot of improvement in his ball use, but he has really been outstanding. Has stepped in beautifully. Bit of a shame that jo has targeted him and the thread is just going to be this kind of boring rubbish, but what can you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back