Injury Luke Parker Freak Out - Fractured Fibula

Remove this Banner Ad

This was on the Sydney Swans Facebook group, so make of it what you will:

Just heard on radio that Luke Parker is trying his hardest to get back on the field for this Saturday's night game. Any thoughts ???

Anyone hear this?

Anyone hear this?

"[Kieren Jack] had a high-grade medial ligament sprain. He'd normally be missing at least three weeks but at finals time they might be able to compromise on that," Larkins said.

"He'll be touch and go to play (against the Roos) – I'm not expecting him to get up this week."

Swans coach John Longmire joked Parker was doing "cartwheels" by his office trying to convince him he is ready to play and Larkins said he may be available for the preliminary final against the Eagles, if the Swans beat the Roos.

"The best case scenario they thought would be 5-6 weeks to get him back – that's still early for someone who has a broken fibula with a plate in his leg," Larkins said.

"The five-week mark would be ahead of schedule to come back but he's probably in the mix."

Anyone hear this?

Horse said Parker was "doing cartwheels outside his office" trying to get his attention. But that he'd need to do a lot more cartwheels before getting on thr field. He ended that quote by saying something along the lines of "we'll see".

Swans coach John Longmire joked Parker was doing "cartwheels" by his office trying to convince him he is ready to play and Larkins said he may be available for the preliminary final against the Eagles, if the Swans beat the Roos.

The man is a freak, if he plays against the Eagles it would be a remarkable effort.

Yeah I'm not expecting him to play this week.

I would of taken the punt on Nick Smith on the weekend could of won us the game.

No doubt, Ballantyne and Walters were the difference in the end, but I don't know how close he was to playing

The fibula isn't a "weight-bearing" bone so while it's impressive that he's so keen to be playing already, it isn't all that uncommon for people to recover this quickly from breaking that bone.

A doctor I know told me that and he said it causes surprise because people automatically associate a "broken leg" with months and months and months of recovery time, but a broken fibula can be healed and the patient can be ready to play full contact sport in six weeks after injury. So it's great but it's not like there's some super-human healing going on here, from what I've been told anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get through North, having Parker for the Prelim will be a real lift for the boys, I reckon.

So much bad news this finals series, anything positive must be grabbed with both hands.

The fibula isn't a "weight-bearing" bone so while it's impressive that he's so keen to be playing already, it isn't all that uncommon for people to recover this quickly from breaking that bone.

A doctor I know told me that and he said it causes surprise because people automatically associate a "broken leg" with months and months and months of recovery time, but a broken fibula can be healed and the patient can be ready to play full contact sport in six weeks after injury. So it's great but it's not like there's some super-human healing going on here, from what I've been told anyway.

The interwebs is not for facts.

Please keep that in mind.

Let us live the fantasy of wildly opportunistic and unintelligent statements based on what gut feel, Twitter, Facebook and Joe, that guy who is always hanging around the coffee shop on the corner, is telling us.

When we get something we like we will run with that thanks and make it go bacterial or whatevs.

I jumped on this post desperate for news Parker was good to go next week. Very disappointed.

Amber and Kate seem lovely, though.

Wait...what's that sound?

View attachment 172393

Hahahahahahahha that's awesome!! Kudos Tuco!

Maybe, but no rush. Wouldn't risk it until a prelim and even then probably only as a sub.

No tomorrow if we lose this week, id risk jack smith and parker if any or all are available

No tomorrow if we lose this week, id risk jack smith and parker if any or all are available

We've already got Rohan and Heeney each playing on one leg and McGlynn is obviously not there yet either. We needed to sub off all 3, but Reid pulled his hammy and they were all a liability. Rushing back 3 more from injury would be a disaster. Sure there's no next week if we don't win, but bring all 3 of them back this week and there is no THIS week, let alone next!

If you watched the Richmond game you would see why you don't gamble on 60% fit players.

Smith will play anyway. Jack I would take a calculated punt in the prelim if he is running 1-2 days prior. Parker is a 50/50 one for mine, and it is purely how match fit is he. I will trust the selectors on this call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back