Luke Parker vs Ollie Wines

Who would you take for their career?

• Luke Parker

• Ollie Wines

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So these threads are just straight up trolling, right?

Generational players in Wingard and Wines v Luke Breust and Parker. Let me think for a sec...

Really hope thats a joke, for your sake

right now its Parker>Wines AND Bruest>Wingard lmao

Parker right now for me, but who knows in the future. Only time will tell.

Wines just Parker struggled a little in some big games.
2013, Parker had a great finals series playing well in all 3 finals averaging over 24 possessions and a goal a game. 2014 Parker had another good finals series averaging 26 possessions and over a goal a game with a very clear BOG performance in the prelim. His grand final was mediocre but he did better than a lot of his teammates. Since being an established part of the team Parker has been good or very good in 5/6 finals games and still had 20 possessions in a GF where his team was demolished. Completely untrue what you said really. One of the best young finals performers over the last 2 years.

I've had more than my fair share of wines in my life. Both great, young players, my spider sense chose Parker

2013, Parker had a great finals series playing well in all 3 finals averaging over 24 possessions and a goal a game. 2014 Parker had another good finals series averaging 26 possessions and over a goal a game with a very clear BOG performance in the prelim. His grand final was mediocre but he did better than a lot of his teammates. Since being an established part of the team Parker has been good or very good in 5/6 finals games and still had 20 possessions in a GF where his team was demolished. Completely untrue what you said really. One of the best young finals performers over the last 2 years.
No I don't think I was wrong - I said he struggled a little not a lot.
If you think his 2014 GF was a pass I can't argue with you because his best which is what I comparing is much better than that and a few finals where his numbers might look ok but really his performance have been well below his best.

No I don't think I was wrong - I said he struggled a little not a lot.
If you think his 2014 GF was a pass I can't argue with you because his best which is what I comparing is much better than that and a few finals where his numbers might look ok but really his performance have been well below his best.
By indicating that Parker has struggled a little in some big games you were indicating that his finals output was lacking. You could have said that he simply had a bad GF in 2014 as he has been one of Sydney's best finals performers in the last 2 years since he cemented his spot in the team. I challenge you to name 1 bad final other than his 2014 GF (where almost the whole team stank) in his last 2 years. There isn't a few, there is only 1 game you are referring to, don't twist the truth.

Would you say Sam Mitchell struggles in big games because he was rubbish in the 2008 GF? If we base players finals careers off a single game I guess you would.

By indicating that Parker has struggled a little in some big games you were indicating that his finals output was lacking. You could have said that he simply had a bad GF in 2014 as he has been one of Sydney's best finals performers in the last 2 years since he cemented his spot in the team. I challenge you to name 1 bad final other than his 2014 GF (where almost the whole team stank) in his last 2 years. There isn't a few, there is only 1 game you are referring to, don't twist the truth.

Would you say Sam Mitchell struggles in big games because he was rubbish in the 2008 GF? If we base players finals careers off a single game I guess you would.
Yes there is an argument for it, though when Mitchell does he is usually heavily tagged.(pretty sure Ling and Crowley go OK)
Parker wasn't tagged in the 2014 GF.
Versus 3 of the better sides last year.
Parker - V Hawks 15 touches, V Port 17 touches and V Freo 19 touches.

By the way it was a minor flaw I never once mentioned he was a dud or anything we are talking about 2 of the top ten young players in the comp.
Wines also got the nod being nearly 2 years younger.

Yes there is an argument for it, though when Mitchell does he is usually heavily tagged.(pretty sure Ling and Crowley go OK)
Parker wasn't tagged in the 2014 GF.
Versus 3 of the better sides last year.
Parker - V Hawks 15 touches, V Port 17 touches and V Freo 19 touches.

By the way it was a minor flaw I never once mentioned he was a dud or anything we are talking about 2 of the top ten young players in the comp.
Wines also got the nod being nearly 2 years younger.
Fair enough point taken I thought you meant finals. In which he has been in his teams best in 5 out of his last 6 finals, which is a remarkable effort. Yes he did have some quiet games against good teams but also took North apart in the PF with a dominant display, and had games of-

31 possessions and 1 goal vs. Freo
32 possessions vs. Geelong
26 possessions and 2 goals vs. Hawthorn

Wines worst game for the year was also their most important, with 19 possessions and 2 behinds in their losing prelim. I get how somebody can pick Wines, but its not like Parker is any sort of downhill skier who doesn't perform when it counts.

Fair enough point taken I thought you meant finals. In which he has been in his teams best in 5 out of his last 6 finals, which is a remarkable effort. Yes he did have some quiet games against good teams but also took North apart in the PF with a dominant display, and had games of-

31 possessions and 1 goal vs. Freo
32 possessions vs. Geelong
26 possessions and 2 goals vs. Hawthorn

Wines worst game for the year was also their most important, with 19 possessions and 2 behinds in their losing prelim. I get how somebody can pick Wines, but its not like Parker is any sort of downhill skier who doesn't perform when it counts.

Definitely wasn't what I was saying.

All good mate good to have healthy debate about footy.
I'm not a troll and you obviously aren't either.

Like I said we are debating two of the best young players in the game there are only small things that makes us choose one over the other.

Wines is a better contested possession winner through the middle but I would take Parker as I reckon he has a better all round game. His inside is slightly worse than Wines but his outside run and goal sense is superior.

Definitely wasn't what I was saying.

All good mate good to have healthy debate about footy.
I'm not a troll and you obviously aren't either.

Like I said we are debating two of the best young players in the game there are only small things that makes us choose one over the other.
Agreed, differing opinions make it more interesting. Both brilliant players, the Dees had interests in Wines before the draft and Parker before he properly broke out I wish we nabbed one or the other but sadly not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wines improve with age... and this one is a Jimmy Watson winner.
As good a start as you could ever wish for.
Plenty of players are better than him atm, but not many have shown that much potential with their first impression.

Fyfe, Selwood, Gaz, Boak, Gray, Rocky, Kennedy,Pendles, Heppell, Lewis.

Ablett. Fyfe.selwood. pendlebury. Rockliff.priddis.lewis.josh kennedy.robbie gray.dyson hepell.dangerfield.boak.

He was better than Dangerfield, Boak and Selwood IMO.
Fyfe, Gray, Kennedy, Rockliff and Heppell were better than him.
He fell somewhere around the Pendlebury, Lewis and Ablett (hampered by injuries) output.
Priddis was not at his level.

Back