Draft Profile Luke Partington

Remove this Banner Ad

Height: 182cm, Weight: 75kg
One of the solid midfield selections for this year.

SA's Luke Partington stars in close loss to WA in U18 Champs

A STANDOUT performance from midfielder Luke Partington wasn't enough to lift South Australia to victory in the opening game of the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, with Western Australia claiming a one-point win.
Partington, a ball-winner from Norwood and member of the NAB AFL Academy, gathered 28 disposals and six clearances in an explosive display through the midfield for South Australia.
He also pushed into attack to kick a goal and sent the ball inside the forward 50 on nine occasions, but Western Australia held on to claim the 11.7 (73) to 9.18 (72) win.
The victors got off to a strong start at Lathlain Park in Perth, booting the first three goals of the game against the South Australians, who have won the past two division one titles.
355643-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

At the moment Partington wouldn't be far behind Francis in the minds of recruiters. Like his larger team mate he has done everything that has been asked of him and has been a significant contributor in every game he has played so far. You simply can't do much better than that.
I liked the look of the lad last year.

Really like this kid. He's "my boy" from this years draft class. Would look great in the red and black!

Started to find his feet at senior level late this year. Really needs to bulk up but decent signs.

I was a bit sceptical at first because of his size but it seems like he enjoys the contest so hopefully it doesn't relegate him to becoming another Masten in our team (too weak to play inside, not enough hurt factor to be really effective on the outside)

Started to find his feet at senior level late this year. Really needs to bulk up but decent signs.

I was a bit sceptical at first because of his size but it seems like he enjoys the contest so hopefully it doesn't relegate him to becoming another Masten in our team (too weak to play inside, not enough hurt factor to be really effective on the outside)
Seems he may have a sponsor for next year..

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

from the games i saw he competed well on the inside against some of the bigger bodies. Mastens problems isn't size but is his willingness to go and win the ball. He shirks at many contests. Theres plenty of small inside mids that thrive at AFL level with the likes of Neale, S.Mitchell and libba are shorter or around his height. I think he should he push for senior selection next year but maybe another 2 or 3 preseasons away from his body being fully developed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back