LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

That's good news... How much do you think it will be improved? how are your lights out there these days?

Do Marong have a Sunday match this year?

Over $110K spent so there'd want to be a pretty significant improvement! The upgrade to the sprinklers alone is a big improvement; gone from 21 sprinkler heads to 63. 140 cubic metres of top soil has gone on to the ground so ther should be no more issues with undulation.

The lights still need some work but we have a couple of new poles installed and lights to go on them. Problem is the current transformer at the park won't stand up to the increased usage. We're working on this.

We play Calivil at Raywood on a Sunday; annual heritage game.

Over $110K spent so there'd want to be a pretty significant improvement! The upgrade to the sprinklers alone is a big improvement; gone from 21 sprinkler heads to 63. 140 cubic metres of top soil has gone on to the ground so ther should be no more issues with undulation.

The lights still need some work but we have a couple of new poles installed and lights to go on them. Problem is the current transformer at the park won't stand up to the increased usage. We're working on this.

We play Calivil at Raywood on a Sunday; annual heritage game.

All sounds very promising... and improvements that will only help recruting in the future one suspects.
Saturday must have been a good win too? Are finals a chance?

All sounds very promising... and improvements that will only help recruting in the future one suspects.
Saturday must have been a good win too? Are finals a chance?

Saturday was a good win. Given the bad loss the week before when we headed Mitiamo by 31 points half way through the last, there was no way we'd let another slip. We're yet to field a full strength side and with a couple of irons still in the fire, finals are definitely a chance.

Saturday was a good win. Given the bad loss the week before when we headed Mitiamo by 31 points half way through the last, there was no way we'd let another slip. We're yet to field a full strength side and with a couple of irons still in the fire, finals are definitely a chance.

When did they change it to a final eight?

Hows Browny and Pos goin at Newbridge? Also would Jack Hickey be one of the better recruits in the LVFL this year?

Did Mcnally end up getting rubbed out on the weekend? if so how many?

Also has the interleague squad been announced yet?

Hows Browny and Pos goin at Newbridge? Also would Jack Hickey be one of the better recruits in the LVFL this year?

Brown was serviceable without starring against Marong, Postle didn't get a heap of it. Don't know about any other matches but having a look at Newbridge results so far, between them they have managed only 5th best player on one occasion.

Over priced maybe??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The interleague squad will be in this weeks El Vee. Nearly half of the squad made up of Serp and Bridgewater players.

Considering serp had 8 last year and they only finished 6th not that suprising they have a few.

could mcnally have taken an automatic 1-2 weeks or did he challenge?

Interleague squad on CVF.

Couple of glaring ommisions for mine in Leigh Davies and Richard Tibbett.

Postle and Brown from Newbridge included based on reputation and the fact they played in a second rate NCFL side last year? Their form this season probably wouldn't warrant inclusion otherwise.

Postle and Brown from Newbridge included based on reputation and the fact they played in a second rate NCFL side last year? Their form this season probably wouldn't warrant inclusion otherwise.

Do players have to make themselves available?? I would think that someone like Leigh Davies who has played Interleague and Representative Footy for many many years may want a year off from it.

First of all... they came from Wedderburn (who won the premiership last year??) not what i call second rate team...
I will agree with you on Brown from match reports and what i have read about their games. But i reckon Postle has played some good games, and being that he played with Barnes and Herdman at wedderburn may be a good matchup for them.

First of all... they came from Wedderburn (who won the premiership last year??) not what i call second rate team...
I will agree with you on Brown from match reports and what i have read about their games. But i reckon Postle has played some good games, and being that he played with Barnes and Herdman at wedderburn may be a good matchup for them.

I'm referring to the North Central Interleague side of last year.

A Strong midfield makes good defenders look great. They're certainly good, not great just yet... Browny is what? 20? Give it a few years and I have no doubt he will be highly saughtafter

Very true and on the opposite a weak midfield that allows the ball quickly without pressure can make good defenders look second rate!

How does Brown match up to Rhode or Haythorpe or is Postle better suited?

Firstly doubt Barnes will play secondly with the midfield NCFL will put together youre big problem will stem from there. You may think ive got hold of it but i think if LVFL get wihin 6/8 goals they will have done a good job.Dont discount Browny, rumoured to have crook knee,the kid can seriuosly play,tough and quick ,reads the play well,he may not have shown his best yet but it will come. If maroons dont want him send him back,we will take him with open arms.

Firstly doubt Barnes will play secondly with the midfield NCFL will put together youre big problem will stem from there. You may think ive got hold of it but i think if LVFL get wihin 6/8 goals they will have done a good job.Dont discount Browny, rumoured to have crook knee,the kid can seriuosly play,tough and quick ,reads the play well,he may not have shown his best yet but it will come. If maroons dont want him send him back,we will take him with open arms.

Realistically, the Loddon Valley shouldn't get near North Central. I imagine the idea of losing to minor leagues two years in a row wouldn't sit well and it would be safe to assume they would put together the best side possible this year.

As for Brown; obviously can play. Point being he doesn't appear to have shown anywhere near enough this season to warrant selection. Then again, I am only going from best players/results so far. If you're right about a crook knee, and this is contributing to only average performance so far, then surely he wouldn't make himself available for interleague.

I would imagine that Nathan McNally would miss out given he is currently under suspension?

Hellboy Im interested in a match report on the Panthers clash with Bridgewater you weren't far away? They must be a good step off their teams of the past two years are they? and how Taylor Strauhn fared it was dissapointing we lost him thought he had a good future ahead at higher league level.

Hellboy Im interested in a match report on the Panthers clash with Bridgewater you weren't far away? They must be a good step off their teams of the past two years are they? and how Taylor Strauhn fared it was dissapointing we lost him thought he had a good future ahead at higher league level.

It was a pretty close contest for most of the day with not more than a few goals in it up until the start of the last when Bridgewater kicked the first 4 of the quarter. Bridgy had a few key players missing, but then again so did Marong. We are a fair way ahead of the last two seasons but are still a couple of big key position players away from really threatening. This proved to be the difference on the weekend. Marong had plenty of the ball in the middle during the last quarter but struggled to get it past CHF. Once again it was really only one quarter that proved the difference over the day.

I though Taylor Strachan was easily Bridgewater's best player; I was surprised to see he only just snuck into the best players.

I think depth might be a more of a concern for Bridgewater this season as opposed to the last couple. They seem to have had a few more injuries this year and they really lack depth in their reserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back