LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 boys chat it up

Inglewood have beaten a couple of MCDFL Clubs in the off Season and are building their list although most think Marong will play finals again.
Grand Final Quinella Favs Bridgey and Serp should be a great game although 4 in a row means you virtually always start favs.
Newbridge and Calivil should be a really even contest. Calivil Coach said they were looking at 5th spot and so probably are Newbridge.
YCW travel to Pyramid and will be interesting to see if they can be competitive.
Predictions boys?

i will have a crack

marong by 10 goals
bridgey by 8 goals
newbridge by 5 goals
p/hill by 10 goals

i think marong will improve but could lack quality big men but have a very strong engine room
bridgey will improve serp will have a slow start but be full strength in the second half of year. due to cross fit???? ( seriously boys)
newbridge will be a more consistent side with less distractions and more stability than last year.
pyramid should also improve as they have recruited a midfield still could be a quality tall short of the top two in serp and bridgey.
mitiamo are yet to prove anything, yes they have lots of ins with some quality amongst them but how will they gel? wouldnt get carried away with preseason form next week will be a massive test for them.

my prediction of a top 5 is as follows
bridgewater
serpentine
pyramid
marong
newbridge
leading goalkicker: axel or grayling
league b&f : andrew collins, craig morris or matt perri
premiers: bridgey unless they are cruelled by injuries.

i will have a crack

marong by 10 goals
bridgey by 8 goals
newbridge by 5 goals
p/hill by 10 goals

i think marong will improve but could lack quality big men but have a very strong engine room
bridgey will improve serp will have a slow start but be full strength in the second half of year. due to cross fit???? ( seriously boys)
newbridge will be a more consistent side with less distractions and more stability than last year.
pyramid should also improve as they have recruited a midfield still could be a quality tall short of the top two in serp and bridgey.
mitiamo are yet to prove anything, yes they have lots of ins with some quality amongst them but how will they gel? wouldnt get carried away with preseason form next week will be a massive test for them.

bridgewater
serpentine
pyramid
marong
newbridge

Serp will be very hard at the contest and will have some big bodies around the big bloke in the ruck and first use will be important. 8 goals is a little optimistic. If Serp can capitalise on the work down around the ground it will be a close contest. Looking at last weeks footy guide the amount of arrivals at Bridgy they could start another team.

i will have a crack

marong by 10 goals
bridgey by 8 goals
newbridge by 5 goals
p/hill by 10 goals

bridgewater
serpentine
pyramid
marong
newbridge

Serp will be very hard at the contest and will have some big bodies around the big bloke in the ruck and first use will be important. 8 goals is a little optimistic. If Serp can capitalise on the work down around the ground it will be a close contest. Looking at last weeks footy guide the amount of arrivals at Bridgy they could start another team.

Yeah not sure there will be much in the Bridgey vs Serp game and while Bridgey are favs Serp could win the game they won their last year. Bridgeys list looks stronger ( although the majority of their recruits will be on the fringe) as does Serp's so will be interesting too see how it pans out. Who are the big bodies in the middle Vanderhum that you speak of?

Miti will make the 5 they are pretty excited internally they've picked up a few rippers.

The Pyramid vs YCW will be interesting as well because YC think they can play finals as well so this result will provide an indication of that.

It looks like it should be a cracker season. All sides seem to believe that they will be stronger than last year which is a great thing. Looking forward to seeing the results after Saturday. All the best to all clubs

Yeah not sure there will be much in the Bridgey vs Serp game and while Bridgey are favs Serp could win the game they won their last year. Bridgeys list looks stronger ( although the majority of their recruits will be on the fringe) as does Serp's so will be interesting too see how it pans out. Who are the big bodies in the middle Vanderhum that you speak of?

Miti will make the 5 they are pretty excited internally they've picked up a few rippers.

The Pyramid vs YCW will be interesting as well because YC think they can play finals as well so this result will provide an indication of that.

Will know more after Saturday when they have a footy record to see who is who. Hopefully it will be a close one. If Bridgy smash Serp first up then a it could deflate the rest as the thinking will be "Bridgewater again" so a few teams have gotta step up this year and ask Bridgy some questions. Serp close last year and probably should have got the points but close aint good enough in footy. Yep good luck to all for the season VDH

Can anyone shed some light on a few potentially serious injuries I've heard about in the last couple of weeks.

Torn ACL for Dave Coghlan, knee for Daniel Nalder, broken jaw (requiring wiring) for Rhys Bradley, and a badly torn hamstring for Sam Kennedy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone shed some light on a few potentially serious injuries I've heard about in the last couple of weeks.

Torn ACL for Dave Coghlan, knee for Daniel Nalder, broken jaw (requiring wiring) for Rhys Bradley, and a badly torn hamstring for Sam Kennedy?[/quot

Torn ACL for Dave Coghlan, knee for Daniel Nalder, broken jaw (requiring wiring) for Rhys Bradley, and a badly torn hamstring for Sam Kennedy?

Only from what Ive heard down the line like you probably hellboy Bradley broke the Jaw, Coghlan has done the knee, Nalder was injured in a Practice match but it wasnt a long term injury not sure about Kennedy. Panthers full strength for the big game against Inglewood?

bridgewater
serpentine
Mitiamo
Marong
Pyramid hill
leading goalkicker: spooner
league b&f : Collins
premiers: bridgey

My prediction of the top 5
Bridgewater
Mitiamo
Serpentine
Pyramid Hill
YCW
Leading Goalkicker - Spooner
Leauge B&F - Matt Perri
Premiers - Mitiamo

Only from what Ive heard down the line like you probably hellboy Bradley broke the Jaw, Coghlan has done the knee, Nalder was injured in a Practice match but it wasnt a long term injury not sure about Kennedy. Panthers full strength for the big game against Inglewood?

Got a couple unavailable, and a couple with minor injuries Dragon Fly.

There'll be 8-9 new faces in the side on Saturday plus Zack Boyer who only played 1 game last year.

Serp are also another side I highly rate for a flag this year with a strong team
Ah had a look at the Bridgy v Serp yesterday and rating Serp as a flag contender on what I saw maybe a bit early. Bridgewater were too clean with their ball use and Serp delivery was terrible and wasted many opportunities with turnovers. It was an even contest in the first half with Bridgewater kicking a couple of late goals to take a 20 pt lead at the big break but after halftime it was a one sided affair. Big Collins up at full forward was ordinary and was well Beaten all day save for a soft free late in the last would have been all but goalless. The other Collins was a stand out 3 votes, clean great ball use and very creative. He took a big hit right after half time but this only raised his work rate. Serp had some moments where they looked sharp but their ball use and decisions under pressure were poor. Bridgewater are better than last year and will take a big effort by the challengers to roll them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back