LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you predict less than 100? Marong normally get tied up in shoot out type affairs following their score lines.

They've had a couple of big wins of late I just think this will be their game were they get challanged a little more. marong will bring a heap of pressure and make it a bit of a scrap. Marong a biggest issue will be scoring as I don't think Bridgey have conceded more than 8 goals in any games.

What's everyone's thoughts about the weekend results?
Bridgey topping an unstoppable team with connors and pollock playing

Results predictable in three of the games, and good to see (from my point of view) Maroons get up against the dogs on the rebound. I thought Marong might have pushed Bridgy a bit more, but in the end it was a pretty big margin.
Bridgy appear to be a 10 goal better side than the rest at the moment, so lots of work to do to knock them off in any future finals that teams play against them.

It's gunna be wet!!!!

Newbridge 14 points travelling well at the moment Marong need to win to stay a top 3 chance.
Pyramid to get back on the winners list 77 points over Inglewood.
Bridgewater by 64 points over Calivil.
YCW over Mitiamo by 16 points to keep the door open for a finals.

Any talk getting around? Any club's be looking for a last minute recruit?

Half way through the year and the 5 is well and truly settled which isnt great for the Comp. Marongs good win over Newbridge and Ycw going down to Miti means there is a 3 game gap between the two. Sports in the top 5 still up for grabs.

Any match reports boys?

Half way through the year and the 5 is well and truly settled which isnt great for the Comp. Marongs good win over Newbridge and Ycw going down to Miti means there is a 3 game gap between the two. Sports in the top 5 still up for grabs.

Any match reports boys?
Went out and had a look at the Marong/Newbridge game. Good tight contested tussle, with Newbridge looking the goods at half time, Gregg gave the panthers a spray at half time out on the field, must have worked as they run over the top of Newbridge with only 17 men from the 15 minute mark of last quarter when Marong player sent off. Knott going down start of third quarter hurt Newbridge. This allowed Tibbett to go forward and create headaches. Gilboy best on till half time and then Morris best on for a 4 quarter effort. Ford well held, looks great on lead, but couldn't take a contested mark when ball on his head. Really entertaining game. Seconds was a cracker too.

Official word out of Monday nights league meeting is the Grand Final will be at Marong for next three years, with the league to take all proceeds from gate and catering. The board has modelled it on the Heathcote league. League board looked at K/Flat, Eaglehawk and the QEO. Cost too high at QEO and the others only have 1 netball court. Clubs feel let down that they weren't involved in discussion. All clubs have to work on the day in shifts at food and drink stalls. What happens to the money, what does the league do with it, potentially could be worth 50-60k to league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

okay boys few ladder things already settled in LVFL
Bridgie will finish top, Top 5 settled, bottom 4 will stay the same mite b a few ups and downs there but only of minor importance
big question is --- tips for rest of Top Five how will pyramid, bears, maroons and panthers finish up
wot's ur tips for Second to Fifth

Official word out of Monday nights league meeting is the Grand Final will be at Marong for next three years, with the league to take all proceeds from gate and catering. The board has modelled it on the Heathcote league. League board looked at K/Flat, Eaglehawk and the QEO. Cost too high at QEO and the others only have 1 netball court. Clubs feel let down that they weren't involved in discussion. All clubs have to work on the day in shifts at food and drink stalls. What happens to the money, what does the league do with it, potentially could be worth 50-60k to league

This is only my personal opinion - just want to make that clear. (Disclaimer: I follow Newbridge and am not fussed that NB don't get a granny, it's a lot of work to run one.)

So what is this league here for? I would have thought the clubs exist so that the players, supporters and town people of the area have a club to belong to. Yep, I realise most senior players come out of Bendigo, but that is only part of the story. What about the local people from Pyramid, Mitty, Calvil who now have to travel for the next 3 years to a GF? why can't they get the chance to showcase their areas and play on grounds that might suit them more? when was the last poor crowd at an LVFNL GF, I can't remember one!

If the reason for the LVFL is to put on a show for Bendigo based people, this has been done. But that is a poor choice IMHO. The fact that no club was consulted, well that is unforgivable. I don't like the way this commission deals with issues - no consultation with clubs or chances to comment / debate.

My 2c worth only.

It proves that there is a conflict if YCW was not considered. It has two netball courts, is in Bendigo, has a similar standard surface to marong (plus no cricket pitch which is an advantage), the negatives are parking and probably the type of netball court,

Why consider k/flat and e'hawk but knock out for courts and QEO for cost and not consider YCW? Which would cost zero.

So marong get zero benefit for hosting the games ? Or just the increased league dividend?

The commission was set up to have the authority to do this, but it's a bad look really. Especially if it comes as a surprise.

It proves that there is a conflict if YCW was not considered. It has two netball courts, is in Bendigo, has a similar standard surface to marong (plus no cricket pitch which is an advantage), the negatives are parking and probably the type of netball court,

Why consider k/flat and e'hawk but knock out for courts and QEO for cost and not consider YCW? Which would cost zero.

So marong get zero benefit for hosting the games ? Or just the increased league dividend?

The commission was set up to have the authority to do this, but it's a bad look really. Especially if it comes as a surprise.

As long as there is a dividend go back to the Club's each year then I don't see any problems it will actually be better for the Clubs. Marong is fine in terms of travel etc they just need to make sure they get the surface as good as they can in the lead up.

As long as there is a dividend go back to the Club's each year then I don't see any problems it will actually be better for the Clubs. Marong is fine in terms of travel etc they just need to make sure they get the surface as good as they can in the lead up.

Agree with that, seems an interesting process.

Maybe similar to Qatar and the 2022 World Cup

Marongs change rooms are rubbish. Visitors is like a shoebox. Executive board not allowing clubs to weigh in also wreaks of favoritism
Marongs rooms are like a shoe box, in fact I would suggest most of the visitors rooms are like a shoe box, Bridgewater, Calivil, Raywood (disgrace)Newbridge, YCW, Inglewood, Mitiamo, Serp, Pyramid only decent away room, so based on that logic lets have the granny there. I believe parking and the problem of YCW raising enough supporters to man one gate was against them

Marongs rooms are like a shoe box, in fact I would suggest most of the visitors rooms are like a shoe box, Bridgewater, Calivil, Raywood (disgrace)Newbridge, YCW, Inglewood, Mitiamo, Serp, Pyramid only decent away room, so based on that logic lets have the granny there. I believe parking and the problem of YCW raising enough supporters to man one gate was against them
Should just stick to a rotating roster. People who wanna watch will travel if they know their club will get their turn

If YCW weren't considered it can't have been considered.

And to clutch at straws and say they can't man more than one gate is a fairly disrespectful thing to suggest. Has it been an issue at any of the other gf's hosted by them?

Seems pre-determined, let's call it for what it is.

If YCW weren't considered it can't have been considered.

And to clutch at straws and say they can't man more than one gate is a fairly disrespectful thing to suggest. Has it been an issue at any of the other gf's hosted by them?

Seems pre-determined, let's call it for what it is.
tongue in cheek comment on YCW manning the gate.

Obviously they didn't attend the GF last year!! S#!t set up, Beer sales.... Beer sales, I'm not sure if these a trick to getting a beer there but it wasn't a pleasant trip to the bar! S#!t ground to watch the game unless you are right on the fence! And I don't follow anyone in the league so I'm the sort of person they are targeting by having it there!

Obviously they didn't attend the GF last year!! S#!t set up, Beer sales.... Beer sales, I'm not sure if these a trick to getting a beer there but it wasn't a pleasant trip to the bar! S#!t ground to watch the game unless you are right on the fence! And I don't follow anyone in the league so I'm the sort of person they are targeting by having it there!

Thanks for the positive feedback Truck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back