LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting week ahead for the league. Commission meet tonight and have negative letters from the majority of clubs around the awarding of the next three gf to marong

Not sure how they can proceed with the concept to be honest.

No discussion with clubs and now it's blown up badly.

Interesting week ahead for the league. Commission meet tonight and have negative letters from the majority of clubs around the awarding of the next three gf to marong

Not sure how they can proceed with the concept to be honest.

No discussion with clubs and now it's blown up badly.

It will be interesting but need to pick u up on something Frank. The gf's have not been awarded to Marong mate the board have decided that the Marong ground will be the venue. We will not derive any more benefit from this than any other LVFL club. This arrangement is very different to us hosting the game last year.

I understand some of the points raised by those against us but some of the stuff getting around has been incorrect

It will be interesting but need to pick u up on something Frank. The gf's have not been awarded to Marong mate the board have decided that the Marong ground will be the venue. We will not derive any more benefit from this than any other LVFL club. This arrangement is very different to us hosting the game last year.

I understand some of the points raised by those against us but some of the stuff getting around has been incorrect

Are you sure there isn't a fee to marong this year as well?

$3k - $4k is the number that every club has been told

Only one club getting that roota.

Are you sure there isn't a fee to marong this year as well?

$3k - $4k is the number that every club has been told

Only one club getting that roota.
After talking to a Marong committee member, Marong get 10% of the gate. With this they must, prepare ground, put up all marquees, and pull down, make all sangas, salad rolls, organise all ordering, keep the records, have a few committee members on the day help with all the floats, organise rosters for all other clubs to attend their shift plus numerous other stuff that needs to be done during the week. Liquor licence etc. What hasn't come out and was discussed is that any club and get the 10% of the gate if they want to can organise the day. It is not exclusive to Marong to run the day. As the committee member said, its a lot of work to make 3k to 4K especially as Bridgy so far ahead of rivals, the gate could be crap.
With the possibility of the grand final being one sided and Pyramid is now in line to get the Grand Final after the board changed the decision and will revert to old system for 2014, how many will drive to Pyramid to see a one sided Granny or go to QEO to see a good Prelim final?

After talking to a Marong committee member, Marong get 10% of the gate. With this they must, prepare ground, put up all marquees, and pull down, make all sangas, salad rolls, organise all ordering, keep the records, have a few committee members on the day help with all the floats, organise rosters for all other clubs to attend their shift plus numerous other stuff that needs to be done during the week. Liquor licence etc. What hasn't come out and was discussed is that any club and get the 10% of the gate if they want to can organise the day. It is not exclusive to Marong to run the day. As the committee member said, its a lot of work to make 3k to 4K especially as Bridgy so far ahead of rivals, the gate could be crap.
With the possibility of the grand final being one sided and Pyramid is now in line to get the Grand Final after the board changed the decision and will revert to old system for 2014, how many will drive to Pyramid to see a one sided Granny or go to QEO to see a good Prelim final?

Pyramid might be best served grabbing a venue closer to Bendigo either a Newbridge or YCW and locking it in to host it there. That way if they make the Grand Final it cant be taken off them it would also be probably worth an extra 5 to 8k because there will be much a much bigger crowd if the travel is cut for most as youve pointed out.

Rather than correct where you are incorrect we can move on because the issue has been resolved.

Good of the commission to acknowledge the communication of this was poor and should of been better.

Pyramid Hill will financially be better off under the old rotation system in comparison to working for nothing at Marong, so i don't think they really care. Maybe more people from echuca will attend the game than they would of it was played at Marong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backwards move by the league. Not saying must be at marong, but must be close to bendigo!
Gonna be a much smaller gate at pyramid hill and non loddon valley people will head to bfl and hdfl games instead where they can enjoy a can or two and get home with minimum fuss.

So where is the back up venue if pyramid make the prelim which rules them ineligible to host the gf, going back and thinking of venues it would have to be mitiamo no?

Righto boys into the tips-

Miti in front of the big reunion crowd to handle Calivil by 17 points.
Pyramid to beat Marong up at Pyramid by 12 points. Similar to the first time.
Serp over YCW by 30 points. Danger game.
Bridgewater to beat Inglewood by 120 points.

Interested to hear what everyone else thinks?

Righto boys into the tips-

Miti in front of the big reunion crowd to handle Calivil by 17 points.
Pyramid to beat Marong up at Pyramid by 12 points. Similar to the first time.
Serp over YCW by 30 points. Danger game.
Bridgewater to beat Inglewood by 120 points.

Interested to hear what everyone else thinks?

Gunna be a dog of a day from all reports which will make things difficult for all teams. If the good YCW turn up the are in with a show but if the other YCWturn up it could get messy

Gunna be a dog of a day from all reports which will make things difficult for all teams. If the good YCW turn up the are in with a show but if the other YCWturn up it could get messy
What is the extent of the injury to McKee, Rooter? Word was a detached retna or something..

See Andy Collins is named. Nice gentle run around against Inglewood to get a feel for it. just in time too cause Bridgy looked in trouble.. Pfft

Well I saw some stuff today that I ain't seen in 25 years of watching country footy. YCW. v. Serp in the reserves. At Bacchus Oval. The free kick count at the end of the third was 13 to 6. In favour of YCW but the score was 31 to the advantage of Serp. Step in the the umpires. 11. to. 2. In the last quarter along with 2 fifty metre penalty goals and you create a YCW win. And the last quarter when the run was on, went for a casual 34 minutes, when the first three quarters were all done at 24 and a bit. Look. I know it's a tough gig but you gotta have competent capable and balanced folk who are able to influence an outcome. I had not seen these two refs before but having chuckle together as they walked off the ground past the Serp rooms was a little bit obvious. The count 24. to. 8.

Well I saw some stuff today that I ain't seen in 25 years of watching country footy. YCW. v. Serp in the reserves. At Bacchus Oval. The free kick count at the end of the third was 13 to 6. In favour of YCW but the score was 31 to the advantage of Serp. Step in the the umpires. 11. to. 2. In the last quarter along with 2 fifty metre penalty goals and you create a YCW win. And the last quarter when the run was on, went for a casual 34 minutes, when the first three quarters were all done at 24 and a bit. Look. I know it's a tough gig but you gotta have competent capable and balanced folk who are able to influence an outcome. I had not seen these two refs before but having chuckle together as they walked off the ground past the Serp rooms was a little bit obvious. The count 24. to. 8.

How does it work in the Loddon Valley who umpires the reserves? Club people? Makes it hard if so.

Commissions report out on Junior footy in the region. They have recommended that LVFL u17's will become U18's. I think this is a great idea and I hope all clubs will see this as a positive step. The under 17 comp at the moment is in real trouble with most sides filling their teams with permit players and only fielding 14 to 15 players at the moment. It will be interesting to see which clubs will embrace a change or want to stick with current format. Just because things have been done the same for 100 years doesn't mean it's the best for the comp now and going forward.

Commissions report out on Junior footy in the region. They have recommended that LVFL u17's will become U18's. I think this is a great idea and I hope all clubs will see this as a positive step. The under 17 comp at the moment is in real trouble with most sides filling their teams with permit players and only fielding 14 to 15 players at the moment. It will be interesting to see which clubs will embrace a change or want to stick with current format. Just because things have been done the same for 100 years doesn't mean it's the best for the comp now and going forward.
Lifting the age limit will not increase numbers as parents will hold their 12 year old kids back an extra year so as to avoid playing against 18 year olds. Also takes away the option of playing a year in Bendigo under 18s if not ready for LVFNL seniors as has been done often in the past.

Lifting the age limit will not increase numbers as parents will hold their 12 year old kids back an extra year so as to avoid playing against 18 year olds. Also takes away the option of playing a year in Bendigo under 18s if not ready for LVFNL seniors as has been done often in the past.

Ummmm maybe the 12 year olds should play under 12 or 14 instead of under 18.

Good on the parents that don't want their kid playing against kids 6 years older than them.

Having read the report, you will find that the drop off from u16's to under u18 level is huge, one year in the LVFL and then off to u18 in Bendigo has been a problem. For the kids who can't get a game in Bendigo u18 where do they go. I would suggest that every club in the LVFL would be playing overage players at the moment. If these kids didn't play in our comp they would be lost to footy for the year and maybe for good. This is what the commission is trying to stop. why would we want our kids to go and play in Bendigo for a year after leaving under 17's, if we have an U18's in the LVFL then these kids have an option of playing u18's in the same team that they follow. As a parent of a couple of boys, I don't understand why you want your kids playing against boys that are 4 or 5 years older, this doesn't help their development, those 12 year old kids playing u17's are basically witches hats for the bigger kids to run around. I've seen young small kids play this season that are not benefiting from playing in that age group, they are their to prop up numbers so a game can be played.
Surely having the option to play in the under 18's in Bendigo or LVFL would give more options not less options.
I guess Elvee that your solution is to do nothing and watch the under 17's die a slow death, Mitiamo gone, 6 of the other 8 sides struggle from week to week to field 16 players let alone 18.
There is a really good comp in town for young kids, it's called the Bendigo Junior Football League, where all the kids get to play against kids the same age and ability.
The key recommendations that have been approved by the Commission for 2015 include:
  1. Junior Age group in LVFNL
Over recent months the Loddon Valley U’17 competition was closely researched and examined. We were able to investigate the make-up of the players in the league in greater detail.
Below is a graph of the postcodes of the U’17 players in the LVFNL over the past 3 years.
upload_2014-7-17_12-56-0.png
This shows clearly that there has been a significant increase in the reliance on Bendigo based players over the 3 year period. Apart from the Pyramid Hill numbers that have remained steady and the influx of Inglewood based players in 2014, all other clubs have become increasingly reliant on Bendigo based players.
The other trend that is very noticeable is the increase in permit players being used in the competition. This is detailed on the graph below:
upload_2014-7-17_12-56-0.png
This graph shows the heavy reliance on permit players in the LVFNL U’17 competition in 2014 and how it has grown over the 3 years. It also shows that with the added flexibility with the overage players how this was taken up in 2014.
It is clear that the LVFNL U’17 football competition is not in a healthy state. It is the Commission’s view that doing nothing is not an option in this instance. Hence, it has been decided that the LVFNL move from an U’17 competition in 2014 to an U’18 competition in 2015. This was on the basis of increasing the number of players that are available to play football in the league. Most players come from U’16 BJFL and this now allows 2 years for them to prepare for Senior football. This is seen as important given the large drop off of players at U’16 BJFL level (often due to lack of confidence in their ability) and U’17 LVFNL. It provides one extra year for player development. It is important to note here that the very large majority of LVFNL U’17 players are Bendigo based. We expect this will help reduce movement of players between clubs. We understand that this decision will not suit nor be popular with every club. However, to do nothing is not an option given the current state of the competition. We returned to our original objectives in making this decision. In particular, the goal to increase participation is of paramount importance and we believe this will assist in retaining numbers in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back