LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Bridgy by how far
Marong to just get over the line by the smallest of margins
Mitiamo to beat Newbridge by 4 goals
YCW to beat the Woods by 9 goals.

Is it worth Serp getting the boys from Darwin, costly exercise you would think, will they make up the 80 points they are behind Bridgy?

Why would you think Marong would beat Serp Champs? Brushed aside a few weeks ago at Pyramid Hill who look off the pace.

Why would you think Marong would beat Serp Champs? Brushed aside a few weeks ago at Pyramid Hill who look off the pace.

Which Serp is going to turn up? The one from last week or the one who almost got rolled by Mitiamo? Think last week says more about where Pyramid is rather than Serp being on a roll. Marong will have Morgan, McKee and Tibbett playing, all missed the Pyramid game, so should get a good look this week. Serp by 10 points.
We reckon Bridgy are 7-8 goals better than the rest so that should be shown this weekend. Surely pyramid aren't 100 points away if Mitiamo are?..
Newbridge would hope to bounce back at home, 4-6goals
YC could really put Inglewood away if their win last week was from form rather than a poor showing from Newbridge.. We'll say 12 goals.

Who do Serp have to fly in? Surely that will disgruntle locals for next season which is where most clubs should be looking already. If they do get a few back, makes for an interesting 2s final series.

Which Serp is going to turn up? The one from last week or the one who almost got rolled by Mitiamo? Think last week says more about where Pyramid is rather than Serp being on a roll. Marong will have Morgan, McKee and Tibbett playing, all missed the Pyramid game, so should get a good look this week. Serp by 10 points.
We reckon Bridgy are 7-8 goals better than the rest so that should be shown this weekend. Surely pyramid aren't 100 points away if Mitiamo are?..
Newbridge would hope to bounce back at home, 4-6goals
YC could really put Inglewood away if their win last week was from form rather than a poor showing from Newbridge.. We'll say 12 goals.

Who do Serp have to fly in? Surely that will disgruntle locals for next season which is where most clubs should be looking already. If they do get a few back, makes for an interesting 2s final series.

I still like Serp to win comfortably.
Bridgey beat Pyramid by 84 points last time at Pyramid without Andy Collins so a 100 point plus belting is well and truly possible.

Great call with the Marong Serp game. Hope you got on at sports bet!!!!!

Bridgy by how far
Marong to just get over the line by the smallest of margins
Mitiamo to beat Newbridge by 4 goals
YCW to beat the Woods by 9 goals.

Is it worth Serp getting the boys from Darwin, costly exercise you would think, will they make up the 80 points they are behind Bridgy?[/QUOTGreat

Great call with the Marong Serp game. Hope you got on at sports bet!!!!!

Yeah great win by Marong didnt see that one coming by the sounds of it their stars come to play. Still probably have to beat Bridgewater to finish top 3 by the looks of it. Any of 4 a chance to play Bridgewater in the Grand Final. Be interested to know how many Pyramid have to come back in because they seem to be in the worst form out of all the teams in the top 5 in the last few weeks.

Here's my thoughts on the final 5 in what is going to be a real tight one.
Bridgey 64pts
Serp 44pts - good % win this weekend
Pyramid 44pts - lose to Newbridge in a close one but smash ingelwood for a good % boost
Marong 44pts - lose to Bridgey then beat new bridge
New bridge 40pts - beat p.hill lose to marong

Here's my thoughts on the final 5 in what is going to be a real tight one.
Bridgey 64pts
Serp 44pts - good % win this weekend
Pyramid 44pts - lose to Newbridge in a close one but smash ingelwood for a good % boost
Marong 44pts - lose to Bridgey then beat new bridge
New bridge 40pts - beat p.hill lose to marong

Pyramid are already on 40 so if they were to win the last two they would be on 48. Newbridge will be a good chance of beating them this week.

Very tight with plenty of possible outcomes. Marong will be building themselves up for an upset on Bridgey this week.

Tips for the weekend's action boys?

Bridgewater to win by 27 points over Marong in a good game.
Newbridge to stay in the race for a top 3 spot with a 8 point win over Pyramid.
Serpentine by 75 over Calivil United.
Miti by 51 over Inglewood.

Ventured out to marong yesterday. Big crowd, cracking game of footy and the margin in the end flattered flogwater. Sorry Bridgewater. They are def beatable and to me the lvfl is alive!! Will be a cracking finals series!!!

Ventured out to marong yesterday. Big crowd, cracking game of footy and the margin in the end flattered flogwater. Sorry Bridgewater. They are def beatable and to me the lvfl is alive!! Will be a cracking finals series!!!

Hope you enjoyed your day at Marong Wolf. I was really proud of the lads yesterday . Bridgey got off to a bit of a flyer and it could have been all one way traffic but they fought hard and played some really good strong footy. It didn't help that we lost Craig Morris in the warm up.

I must say that I am happy for young Isaac Douthie to get a win on the board out at Inglewood. Good young bloke who took on one of the harder jobs in country footy

Flogwater!! Good on you mate, sounds like a case of tall poppy syndrome or some envy at what they have achieved and how well they're going that is unless you personally know all of them personally and believe they're all tools. I Watched the game too from the far side and the crowd were certantly loud and passionate in what was a good contest from 2 inform sides. Marong are going better than a 4th 5th placed side which is where they will finish. To say the score flatters bridgewater in my opion is a little off the mark. They had the edge most of the game I believe apart from 20mins in the end of the 3rd to start of the 4th.
Good on ingelwood on there first win and an intersting opinion on the umpires there. I think there would of been 6-8 50m penalties given in there Bridgey marong game going both ways and I recon the high majority would of been classed as petty and or very harsh. If they umps want to pay the high amount that they do in games I think you need to look at reducing it to a 25-30m penalty that some leagues have across the state/country because 50 is way to harsh for the pettyness that they get paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flogwater!! Good on you mate, sounds like a case of tall poppy syndrome or some envy at what they have achieved and how well they're going that is unless you personally know all of them personally and believe they're all tools. I Watched the game too from the far side and the crowd were certantly loud and passionate in what was a good contest from 2 inform sides. Marong are going better than a 4th 5th placed side which is where they will finish. To say the score flatters bridgewater in my opion is a little off the mark. They had the edge most of the game I believe apart from 20mins in the end of the 3rd to start of the 4th.
Good on ingelwood on there first win and an intersting opinion on the umpires there. I think there would of been 6-8 50m penalties given in there Bridgey marong game going both ways and I recon the high majority would of been classed as petty and or very harsh. If they umps want to pay the high amount that they do in games I think you need to look at reducing it to a 25-30m penalty that some leagues have across the state/country because 50 is way to harsh for the pettyness that they get paid.

Agree with your point on the fifties yesterday grasskicker. I don't reckon any of them were really genuinely deserving if a fifty metre penalty. I also noticed at times that some of them would have only measured 20 metres if you stepped it out!

Agree with your point on the fifties yesterday grasskicker. I don't reckon any of them were really genuinely deserving if a fifty metre penalty. I also noticed at times that some of them would have only measured 20 metres if you stepped it out!
Yeah I did notice that on one occasion and quite possibly could of been more occasion.

Great to see Inglewood have a win but must say they were helped some disgraceful umpiring.
It's lucky Grinton didn't suffer a worse injury last week, like a coronary. Push Marong and then Serp and the get bashed by newbridge and rolled by inglewood.. Such an up and down year.. Pyramid made light enough work of Newbridge with 5 to come back.. Are they any realistic chance of having a crack?

It's lucky Grinton didn't suffer a worse injury last week, like a coronary. Push Marong and then Serp and the get bashed by newbridge and rolled by inglewood.. Such an up and down year.. Pyramid made light enough work of Newbridge with 5 to come back.. Are they any realistic chance of having a crack?

Would certainly have been a frustrating season for those in charge of the Lads from Windy Flats

4 points the different at 3 quarter time between Pyramid and Newbridge so hard to say they made light work of Newbridge I would have thought. Marong could well be Bridgey's biggest treat given Morris didnt play yesterday and he has been a star for the Panthers all year.

Well Done to Inglewood like most it was great too see them have a win.

I dont think that will help Denis in his aspirations to Coach on again next year.

4 points the different at 3 quarter time between Pyramid and Newbridge so hard to say they made light work of Newbridge I would have thought. Marong could well be Bridgey's biggest treat given Morris didnt play yesterday and he has been a star for the Panthers all year.

Well Done to Inglewood like most it was great too see them have a win.

I dont think that will help Denis in his aspirations to Coach on again next year.

king denis would be in high demand from every club in the region. both for his coaching, his playing and for his quick wit

.. Pyramid made light enough work of Newbridge with 5 to come back.. Are they any realistic chance of having a crack?

Kennedy will be handy back in there forward line I heard there coach kicked 0.10 and a couple of out on the full. Looks like newbridge dodged a bullet. Bridgewater would still be paying $1.05 to take it out but anything can happen gf day.. Should be a good finals fixture. What are the finals venues? I saw the gf is either pyramid or miti any other games allocated?

Congrats to Inglewood. It's been a tough season and its great to see the blue boys get a win after all the hard work they have done through the offseason. I'd imagine all the hype that Miti had at the start of the year about playing finals and being a contender will count against Dennis coaching at Miti again. I saw a few young players running around in the two's the other week that I thought could be senior players, wondering why Dennis would be playing seniors and holding those players back, especially when their season was done 8 weeks ago.
Might be interesting at Newbridge and Marong next week, might be a nil all draw with both clubs not showing their cards this week, bruise free and players rested could be on the cards, hardly think a psychological edge would be gained from the contest.

Congrats to Inglewood. It's been a tough season and its great to see the blue boys get a win after all the hard work they have done through the offseason. I'd imagine all the hype that Miti had at the start of the year about playing finals and being a contender will count against Dennis coaching at Miti again. I saw a few young players running around in the two's the other week that I thought could be senior players, wondering why Dennis would be playing seniors and holding those players back, especially when their season was done 8 weeks ago.
Might be interesting at Newbridge and Marong next week, might be a nil all draw with both clubs not showing their cards this week, bruise free and players rested could be on the cards, hardly think a psychological edge would be gained from the contest.

Seems to have alot where Clubs have to play each other in a dead rubber final round and then again in the first week of the finals. Marong to win both weeks comfortably.

Miti have had a bit of a history in recent years of guys preferring to play Ressies and hunt a flag than play seniors so Id say that given they were out of the finals race early a few might have declared their hand. Miti vs Bridgey twos GF is on the cards I reckon.

Righto boys spring into action- Final Round tips?

Bridgey to give Calivil a good hammering in what really has been a Season to forget for Calivil. 130 the margin.

Marong are up and about and will look after Newbridge by 25 points.

Pyramid over the Woods going for 2 in a row! Expect Inglewood to be much more competitive coming off the back of it though. 40 points.

YCW to beat Miti by 8 points in what should be a good struggle between two pretty evenly matched teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back