LVFNL 2013

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Righto boys spring into action- Final Round tips?

Bridgey to give Calivil a good hammering in what really has been a Season to forget for Calivil. 130 the margin.

Marong are up and about and will look after Newbridge by 25 points.

Pyramid over the Woods going for 2 in a row! Expect Inglewood to be much more competitive coming off the back of it though. 40 points.

YCW to beat Miti by 8 points in what should be a good struggle between two pretty evenly matched teams.

Claude Critchley

Senior List
Feb 4, 2012
Pall Mall
AFL Club
Carlton
Righto boys spring into action- Final Round tips?

Bridgey to give Calivil a good hammering in what really has been a Season to forget for Calivil. 130 the margin.

Marong are up and about and will look after Newbridge by 25 points.

Pyramid over the Woods going for 2 in a row! Expect Inglewood to be much more competitive coming off the back of it though. 40 points.

YCW to beat Miti by 8 points in what should be a good struggle between two pretty evenly matched teams.

Word out of pyramid is that despite an average month+ they are getting players back from injury and if they kick better than last week could blow this one apart. Look for 100+ That Bridgy margin won't be far wrong you'd imagine

Vanderhum

Senior List
Mar 16, 2011
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well lads, the home and away is done and dusted and there are five teams left. The senior results have no real change to who plays who. Big week for Serp the seniors have been flying apart from the one point loss to Marong. I reckon the bears will get away with the points in the qualifying final and Newbridge to win the elimination by plenty. The resies is a bit closer, Serp have the X factor with some quality guys that should be pressing for seniors but they have been too inconsistent and need to gell to push into the finals. Miti are the form team and will take some beating. Onto the B & F. I think Andy Collins has missed too many games to get close but will poll in every game he played. The full forward from Newie has to poll heaps and is my smoky to Chet up but his bro mightily so,me votes. In the. Resies I am thinking its a wide open field with one from YCW, one from Miti and the Serp mid fielder to be there at the finish

Hamrebel5

Draftee
Aug 7, 2011
Country Vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Finals about to start, should be a great match between serp and phill Saturday, could go anyway.. sunday game looking a little one sided after todays result, can marong bounce back after such a horrid day.. cant call on roota to save them.. best of luck with your recovery roota

Jun 16, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The resies is a bit closer, Serp have the X factor with some quality guys that should be pressing for seniors but they have been too inconsistent and need to gell to push into the finals.
I can't see anyone breaking into their senior side to be honest, which ressies players do you think are pushing for the call up?

Wheres My Ball

Debutant
Dec 20, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Finals about to start, should be a great match between serp and phill Saturday, could go anyway.. sunday game looking a little one sided after todays result, can marong bounce back after such a horrid day.. cant call on roota to save them.. best of luck with your recovery roota
what's he done, still upset over his beloved Lalbert not making the finals

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Let's get a bit of finals talk happening. Hopefully weather like this on the weekend for what should be a couple of good games.
Serp vs Pyramid Hill saty Serp probably go in favs but the word on the street is that the big fella Orr will miss which wont help their cause. Whats everyone think?
Newy vs Marong Dont be fooled it will be game on this weekend but Newbridge will no doubt be super confident after a win like saty. Anyone got Marong winning?
All roads are also likely to be blocked heading into YCW around as Roota gets fine tuned for a big display. You pumped up Roota?

Serp by 17 and Newbridge by 9 for DF.

Vanderhum

Senior List
Mar 16, 2011
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Melbourne
Let's get a bit of finals talk happening. Hopefully weather like this on the weekend for what should be a couple of good games.
Serp vs Pyramid Hill saty Serp probably go in favs but the word on the street is that the big fella Orr will miss which wont help their cause. Whats everyone think?
Newy vs Marong Dont be fooled it will be game on this weekend but Newbridge will no doubt be super confident after a win like saty. Anyone got Marong winning?
All roads are also likely to be blocked heading into YCW around as Roota gets fine tuned for a big display. You pumped up Roota?

Serp by 17 and Newbridge by 9 for DF.

I like Serp over the Hill but I am thinking it will be under two goals and in the knock out I think we will see the boys from Marong get over Newbridge by 30. Newie have fallen off the pace a bit in the second half after starting the season in top gear. So the next week is looking like The Machine belting Serp for the third time this season and Marong v The Hill in what should be a great contest.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
I like Serp over the Hill but I am thinking it will be under two goals and in the knock out I think we will see the boys from Marong get over Newbridge by 30. Newie have fallen off the pace a bit in the second half after starting the season in top gear. So the next week is looking like The Machine belting Serp for the third time this season and Marong v The Hill in what should be a great contest.
No roota no marong I think the panthers, a week a long time in football

champslikeus

Debutant
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Pyramid to beat Serp, Grayling to tear Bears defence apart on that small ground of YCW, had a look at YCW's round, hope the boys have grass cat boots, looks like a hard flat dirt track. Marong to turn around 103 point loss into a 27 point win. Just think the dead rubber and Newbridge playing in front of sponsors last week and had something to supposedly play for was the difference. Think Newbridge played final last week.
Roota not named for Marong in the paper, big omission, could be the decider, maybe secret weapon in the twos and leaving him for the big dance on the last day Saturday of the finals.

Jun 16, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Newbridge beat Marong by 100+pts last week? What you on about?

Pyramid to beat Serp, Grayling to tear Bears defence apart on that small ground of YCW, had a look at YCW's round, hope the boys have grass cat boots, looks like a hard flat dirt track. Marong to turn around 103 point loss into a 27 point win. Just think the dead rubber and Newbridge playing in front of sponsors last week and had something to supposedly play for was the difference. Think Newbridge played final last week.
Roota not named for Marong in the paper, big omission, could be the decider, maybe secret weapon in the twos and leaving him for the big dance on the last day Saturday of the finals.

If they had won by 30-50pts then yes I could understand your theory. But a 100pt win is a 100pt win.

Vanderhum

Senior List
Mar 16, 2011
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Melbourne
Newbridge beat Marong by 100+pts last week? What you on about?

If they had won by 30-50pts then yes I could understand your theory. But a 100pt win is a 100pt win.

Finals are always played at a different level. Got the margin right in SERPS win over Pyramid Hill and the result with Marong turning around 100 points. Next week The Machine will thump Serp and Marong on a roll to get over The Hill in a close one. The peanut who umpired the Serp v Newie resi game needs to be sent up the bush next week. Hang on he is already there !!! Where did they source the finals umpires from. He had junior football traits and influenced the result.

ONBALLROTATION

Debutant
May 30, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Finals are always played at a different level. Got the margin right in SERPS win over Pyramid Hill and the result with Marong turning around 100 points. Next week The Machine will thump Serp and Marong on a roll to get over The Hill in a close one. The peanut who umpired the Serp v Newie resi game needs to be sent up the bush next week. Hang on he is already there !!! Where did they source the finals umpires from. He had junior football traits and influenced the result.

by the sounds of things he was in the same boat as the curly headed umpire from the serp pyramid game, he was terrible, surely there are better umpires available this time of year. whoever appoints umpires in finals needs to have his head checked its borderline embarrassing, its been a while since i have witnessed such an ordinary display from an umpire which is a shame that it had to play out in finals i feel sorry for both sides and the other umpire who was pretty good. on a few occasions old mate curly tried to pay decisions from 50 odd metres away whilst at the same time the controlling umpire who was roughly ten metres away had already blown his whistle and the decisions were totally different. he also paid a throw three or four times when the old lady standing next to me who had to be at least 85 laughed and said that even she saw the handball! very sad case when below par umpiring is on display come finals.

GrassKicker

Rookie
May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
by the sounds of things he was in the same boat as the curly headed umpire from the serp pyramid game, he was terrible, surely there are better umpires available this time of year. whoever appoints umpires in finals needs to have his head checked its borderline embarrassing, its been a while since i have witnessed such an ordinary display from an umpire which is a shame that it had to play out in finals i feel sorry for both sides and the other umpire who was pretty good. on a few occasions old mate curly tried to pay decisions from 50 odd metres away whilst at the same time the controlling umpire who was roughly ten metres away had already blown his whistle and the decisions were totally different. he also paid a throw three or four times when the old lady standing next to me who had to be at least 85 laughed and said that even she saw the handball! very sad case when below par umpiring is on display come finals.
Old Curly tops has been terrible all yeah blows his whistle in one quarter the same amount as most other umpires blow for a whole game. Just let the game go!

champslikeus

Debutant
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Amazing what finals can do too some people. The amount of brain fades in the Marong/Newbridge game in the last 10 minutes you would think they didn't want to win it. Marong get free kick in middle of ground and kick it short straight to Newbridge, T/O goal to Newie, Newie bloke marks 20 out dead in front and decides to play on while surrounded by Marong players, kicked smothered. Ball up. They talk about umpires costing games, players on both sides cost themselves, with Newie having the biggest cost. Not to mention the Newbridge runner being penalised for coaching twice, what was he thinking?
Bridgy to belt Serp and Marong in another thriller over Pyramid Hill
Is this the game to bring back Roota or will the selectors wait another week to unleash the beast. That's the big story this week!!!

Vanderhum

Senior List
Mar 16, 2011
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Melbourne

I am picking up what you are putting down. No idea where they found the portly chap with the glasses but he was imposing himself all over the ground. Over ruling from 50 metres away and just making decisions which effected the outcome. Yea, umpiring bleating sounds like sore losing but 3 free kicks to Newie in the last in front of the sticks plus a 50 metre to the goal square when the Newie player dropped his hands and let the footy drop just milked this umpire for another goal. Been around footy for 30 years and this chap was clearly out of his depth. It was like a teacher who usually does the under 12s.

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whats the tips this week lads?

Virtually everyone who has an interest in Loddon Valley Footy will be thinking of a Bridgewater win but Serp have plenty of good players ex Gissy star Gareth Bowes being one so if they have a good day it should be a game worth watching. Bridgewater by 40 points.

In the Sunday game I like Marong to push through to the Preliminary Final with a tight 7 point win over Pyramid Hill. The argument for Pyramid is if the Panthers can hold the Bulldogs tall forwards but the Panthers midfield brigade could well be a handful for Pyramid. Should be a cracker.

Last edited:

champslikeus

Debutant
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Whats the tips this week lads?

Virtually everyone who has an interest in Loddon Valley Footy will be thinking of a Bridgewater win but Serp have plenty of good players ex Gissy star Gareth Bowes being one so if they have a good day it should be a game worth watching. Bridgewater by 40 points.

In the Sunday game I like Marong to push through to the Preliminary Final with a tight 7 point win over Pyramid Hill. The argument for Pyramid is if the Panthers can hold the Bulldogs tall forwards but the Panthers midfield brigade could well be a handful for Pyramid. Should be a cracker.
Can't see Serp getting close to Bridgy, they will want to put their stamp on the finals and will coming out blazing, game to be over at halftime. Hill V Panthers should be a cracker, agree that battle will be between holding Hill's forwards and Hill shutting down Panther midfield and Roota

champslikeus

Debutant
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting to see the league ask for names of the players that the clubs thinks will win the B&F. If your not on that list and the league asks you to send along another player, good chance they win. Funny way of doing it I would have thought. Who would you send along for your club? If you could send only one player who would it be?

Inglewood NIL
Calivil Nil
YCW NIl
Mitiamo Perri
Newbridge Gilboy
Marong Morris
Pyramid Hill Grayling
Serpentine Orr
Bridgewater Parry or East

Just a guess

GrassKicker

Rookie
May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Teams are in for what should be a good weekend of footy, if what is on paper are the starting lineups what are some key match ups in both games. In Saturdays game For me it's the whole bridgy forward line v Serps backs Bridgey have to much talent up there and would be hard to contain and in reverse I think Bridget's back have the edge over Serps forwards. In the other game marongs mids need to stop easy clean entry's into pyramids forward line so the match up on Gav James is very important.

Bridgey by 6+ goals
Pyramid by 17points

champslikeus

Debutant
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Be interesting day of footy Saturday and Sunday. Can't see Bridgewater making the same mistake as Serpentine last year and resting players going into the last quarter and then being beaten. Think Bridgewater too strong all over the ground.
Grayling is the key here, he has beaten Marong off his own boot on a few occasions. If Marong can stop the supply and keep him quiet they win, if they don't Pyramid win. Paul Thomson on a half forward flank, tallest flanker ever.

Back