Scandal Lyon and Brownless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he's hooked up with the mother and then made his way onto the daughter?

Doubt it. Well good luck to him if true, must be quite the pantsman!

Yeah I don't know any more than that. Does seem ridiculous.

Benny Cousins should have gone 'Serious Mental Health Issues' back in 2007.

Basically a free pass these days.

Brownless is devastated and his friendship of 15 years is over because Lyon has 'serious mental health issues'?...
And it is probably quite likely that Ben Cousins does have Serious Mental Health issues

It's been rumoured for years that Lyon has had pretty severe anxiety. I wouldn't say the mental health issues are a new thing. Sounds like they got worse.

Also for all those, "how dare he use mental issues as an excuse I've had blah blah blah for years..." People. You realise you're just as bad right, you're using your mental health issues to justify why you can go online and question and mock another persons mental health issues.

It's been rumoured for years that Lyon has had pretty severe anxiety. I wouldn't say the mental health issues are a new thing. Sounds like they got worse.

Also for all those, "how dare he use mental issues as an excuse I've had blah blah blah for years..." People. You realise you're just as bad right, you're using your mental health issues to justify why you can go online and question and mock another persons mental health issues.

It's true, nobody knows. With the families being close its possible Nicky Brownless was a close friend to Lyon who became a support and things snowballed from there.

It's just a plausible situation where thing a might not be as they seem.

It's true, nobody knows. With the families being close its possible Nicky Brownless was a close friend to Lyon who became a support and things snowballed from there.

It's just a plausible situation where thing a might not be as they seem.
Could be

Have definitely heard that Lyon has been suffering issues for a long time though. Part of the whole "lone wolf" thing

Yep.

FOOTY legend and popular TV host Garry Lyon is battling depression.

The Melbourne champion is on indefinite leave from The Footy Show after a massive falling-out with his best mate and the show’s funnyman, Billy Brownless.

The friendship shattered after Brownless discovered a relationship between his ex-wife Nicky and Lyon.

Yesterday Channel 9 issued a statement saying Lyon will stand down from his various media duties while he seeks treatment for an ongoing mental health condition.

“For several months The Footy Show and Footy Classified co-host has been suffering from a serious mental health condition and he will take time out from all media roles to recover. There is no set time-frame as to when he will return to television,” said Nine Melbourne’s managing director Ian Paterson.

“We are all supporting Garry and hope he will be back to good health very soon. Our priority is his wellbeing.”

Lyon is no longer with his wife Melissa, who was a great friend of Nicky Brownless.

Rest of it here: https://jpst.it/FvFs
It's the classic Male taboo area, what do you do if you're the mate? You’re in a predicament — they’ve broken up. You hear the story over and over, you are the consoling mate with the sympathetic ear and to make things worse, she was the one who broke things off with your friend. Maybe he called you and told you; maybe you saw her out and, in the middle of another great conversation, she brought it up. So what do you do at this point? You knew her as a mate's wife, but now all of a sudden she is available. Is it OK to call her? Or maybe she’s started calling you. Now that she’s single, you’re really thinking about this woman a lot. You start to develop feelings for her. You guys talk with each other and she tells you she’s starting to have feelings for you, too. At the same time, your friend still talks about her and wonders if he did something wrong to ruin the relationship. he's still scratching his head while you're scratching something else?
Now you’re in one of the biggest predicaments of your entire social and professional life. You really want to start dating your friend's ex, and she wants to go out with you. You want to start seeing her, and you have a very strong feeling that you two are really going to hit it off. You're two high profile media identities, the problem is exacerbated further by this. What do you do in this situation? You know you shouldn't have gone there, it was always going to get messy. What to do when caught out?
Play the Mental Illness card.

It's the classic Male taboo area, what do you do if you're the mate? You’re in a predicament — they’ve broken up. You hear the story over and over, you are the consoling mate with the sympathetic ear and to make things worse, she was the one who broke things off with your friend. Maybe he called you and told you; maybe you saw her out and, in the middle of another great conversation, she brought it up. So what do you do at this point? You knew her as a mate's wife, but now all of a sudden she is available. Is it OK to call her? Or maybe she’s started calling you. Now that she’s single, you’re really thinking about this woman a lot. You start to develop feelings for her. You guys talk with each other and she tells you she’s starting to have feelings for you, too. At the same time, your friend still talks about her and wonders if he did something wrong to ruin the relationship. he's still scratching his head while you're scratching something else?
Now you’re in one of the biggest predicaments of your entire social and professional life. You really want to start dating your friend's ex, and she wants to go out with you. You want to start seeing her, and you have a very strong feeling that you two are really going to hit it off. You're two high profile media identities, the problem is exacerbated further by this. What do you do in this situation? You know you shouldn't have gone there, it was always going to get messy. What to do when caught out?
Play the Mental Illness card.

I know we are all speculating but it seems like this is exactly what has happened.

Already had the anxiety/drug problem then something like this comes up and blame it on a mental health issue.

I have anxiety/depression issues and have been on medication for over a decade to manage it. It doesn't give you a free pass to be a douchebag to your mates.

I know we are all speculating but it seems like this is exactly what has happened.

Already had the anxiety/drug problem then something like this comes up and blame it on a mental health issue.

I have anxiety/depression issues and have been on medication for over a decade to manage it. It doesn't give you a free pass to be a douchebag to your mates.
Unless your mates are absolute campaigners I'd say that they'd generally be more understanding you were a douchebag because of your issues.

Lyon's wife left him before for alleged infidelity. They eventually patched it up and now the allegation is he does it again and with a very good mates' wife who was a very good friend of his wife as well. What a piece of work!

Depression can be a serious debilitating illness. The cynic in me wonders whether Lyon's condition is as much to do with career damage limitation as it is to anything else. Have little time for recidivists. Hope it's the end of his media career frankly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garry deserves to feel like a sack of shite and cop a bit of a beat-down...

I say that mainly because I get sick n tired of him bashing footy players & coaches etc when they stuff up a bit.

He makes a living from getting involved in other peoples business and telling the whole world about it!

No sympathy here...

Serious question. A Essendon supporter that does not like Hird? Is this April fools day?

In my case, no.

Never liked him as, like Bucks, he has that FIGJAM like aura for me.
Plus, him dragging club, the players, the league and the fans through the mud is even more reason for the hatred to become terminal.

Actually, it was terminal way back when.

When will he apologise for the last 3 years?

Or does he have an ego the size of the MCG?

As for the mental illness line, lack of or low sex drive is one of the key indicators than can help doctors diagnose depression.
Not sure how porking your best mates ex missus relates to a low sex drive, or would've nailed the daughters too if he wasn't depressed?
I've suffered depression off and on since 1995 and I'm calling Channel 9's cover story bulltish!
So you have diagnosed Lyon yourself?
Let me get this right, you are saying if you are able to have sex, you cannot suffer depression at the same time?
In what medical text book can I find that?

I'm using my ongoing depression issues to question those who develop a mental health issue as soon as something goes wrong and then get the average punter saying oh we should give them a break it must be so hard dealing with depression.

Take it from someone who does, it's not easy, but unlike celebrities and high paid sports stars I don't have the luxury of having a fat contract that enables my family to still live comfortably while I go and get treatment. I have to suck it up and front up to work each day and do whats required to keep a roof over my families head and food on the table. When I have an episode that causes me to act out I don't go throwing out the depression excuse for making a poor decision and garner sympathy from those that it's impacted or to try and excuse it. I suck it up and take responsibility for it and keep battling away.

As I have said earlier too many celebrities/sports stars seem to magically develop a mental health issue when it goes pear shaped for them. It's the get out of jail free card as everyone from the media to the average punter suddenly backs away and stops prying. For mine it's pathetic to throw it up as IMO the only reason they are depressed is because they got caught out doing wrong.

Id very much doubt one of billys daughters has been hooking up with lyon
Theyd be picking thru male models and throwing them away like empty chip packets if they so desired

Stranger things have happened*.....

558166-ricky-nixon-and-tegan-gould.jpg

*Now I feel dirty having posted that.....

I have a serious mental illness and it worries me that this card is starting to be played in the media when there is a scandal.

Now Garry COULD have severe depression, and if so, I feel for the guy and hope he gets treatment if so.

But if 'serious mental illness' is being used as a cover up, well, IMO that's the same as saying someone has Cancer when they don't.

In my case, no.

Never liked him as, like Bucks, he has that FIGJAM like aura for me.
Plus, him dragging club, the players, the league and the fans through the mud is even more reason for the hatred to become terminal.

Actually, it was terminal way back when.

When will he apologise for the last 3 years?

Or does he have an ego the size of the MCG?
ummm he has apologized many times, not sure why he has to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back