Lyon approaches AFL for resting

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely have earned the right to do as we please. I guess if Port were a chance to make the 8, then it could be a different story, but still that is the way it goes. If you are to play finals only on the results of the last round then you have not performed well enough in the home and away series to secure that right to play finals.

I think the AFL needs to clarify this, as every player is carrying some type of niggle at this time of the year, so you could always get the evidence required anyway.

Like someone mentioned - its because the betting agencies need enough time to adjust accordingly, and avoid any potential illegal outcomes. Sad day when our game is controlled by betting agency stakeholders

The AFL is a business, just like any other sport.

Like someone mentioned - its because the betting agencies need enough time to adjust accordingly, and avoid any potential illegal outcomes. Sad day when our game is controlled by betting agency stakeholders

Exactly which is why Freo wanted to get it out there ASAP. To me it is no different to teams playing youngsters as soon as they have no chance of making finals. Also if the bookies are worried about previous bets when Freo were favourites they could just cancel all bets on the game and refund the money. Who says they have to offer a market for every game, especially in situations like this.

Latest seems to be that the AFL is waiting for a list from us of how many changes we are planning on making which again smacks of making stuff up as you go.

Lyon had to do it after Freo were investigated for the 2013 game.
Yeah

AFL are full of s**t. Integrity organisation my foot.

They'd probably be quietly happy to see us go out again in straight sets.

They along with some journos should be thankful of the 100,007 attendance at the 2013 GF thanks to Freo making it.

Last edited:
Yeah

AFL are full of s**t. Integrity organisation my foot.

They'd probably be quietly happy to see us go out again in straight sets.

They along with some journos should be thankful of the 100,007 attendance at the 2013 GF thanks to Freo making it.

How does the full capacity change. The MCG holds done thing like 93 500 people. Why does it vary?

Exactly which is why Freo wanted to get it out there ASAP. To me it is no different to teams playing youngsters as soon as they have no chance of making finals. Also if the bookies are worried about previous bets when Freo were favourites they could just cancel all bets on the game and refund the money. Who says they have to offer a market for every game, especially in situations like this.

Latest seems to be that the AFL is waiting for a list from us of how many changes we are planning on making which again smacks of making stuff up as you go.
Really?

Our reply should simply be: "as many as we need, you'll get the list on Thursday as usual"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I was a bit premature in declaring Jon Ralph as the biggest dimwit in the media the other day. Can't believe I forgot this clown-

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-08-31/is-freo-trying-to-tank

If you're a footy journalist ideally you'll have some concept of what 'tanking' actually is.

He doesn't even know what he is trying to say. Trying to make something out of nothing. It's no like this is a new phenomonen. Lyon just shuts him down and makes him look foolish anyway.

He doesn't even know what he is trying to say. Trying to make something out of nothing. It's no like this is a new phenomonen. Lyon just shuts him down and makes him look foolish anyway.

He tries to be this super controversial, grungy, plays by his own rules type but unfortunately never has anything resembling evidence or logic to back it up and ultimately he just regurgitates groupthink. His faux outrage is Whateley-esque.

He's like a very, very poor version of Caroline Wilson.

I think I was a bit premature in declaring Jon Ralph as the biggest dimwit in the media the other day. Can't believe I forgot this clown-

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-08-31/is-freo-trying-to-tank

If you're a footy journalist ideally you'll have some concept of what 'tanking' actually is.

I disagree.. Damien Barrett is one footy journo I have great respect for, his Essendon / Hird views, the issue of rule changes to avoid head injuries are just a couple where in my view he put out morally justifiable but controversial viewpoints on the issues at hand. He (in this obviously clearly scripted program) is putting forward a view that many AFL followers would hold and open it for discussion. In so doing the pros / cons and other aspects of the issue were revealed and the 2 possible opinions expressed. It is a bit like good cop / bad cop interviews you see on TV dramas. It is actually good TV journalism, it is meant to be thought provoking and it succeeded.

I disagree.. Damien Barrett is one footy journo I have great respect for, his Essendon / Hird views, the issue of rule changes to avoid head injuries are just a couple where in my view he put out morally justifiable but controversial viewpoints on the issues at hand. He (in this obviously clearly scripted program) is putting forward a view that many AFL followers would hold and open it for discussion. In so doing the pros / cons and other aspects of the issue were revealed and the 2 possible opinions expressed. It is a bit like good cop / bad cop interviews you see on TV dramas. It is actually good TV journalism, it is meant to be thought provoking and it succeeded.

It definitely did. I thought he looked like a dick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back