List Mgmt. Lyons staying

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what he has looked like this year, but I distinctly remember Lyons chasing down Sidebottom over 5 meters and creating a goal last year.
At 1:30

I personally don't think Lyons is any slower than average, but he hasn't run hard enough on defence in the games he's played for us.

New coach
New game plan
New fitness base
New standards and expectations

No matter what you've done before, can do, can't do, if you're on the list you've got a chance to take things to the next level

I personally don't think Lyons is any slower than average, but he hasn't run hard enough on defence in the games he's played for us.

Thanks for the video champ.

Geez I think a lot of Victorian Clubs have fk up with not taking Lyons, under Walshy he may take his game to another level. Great highlights reel.

So much discussion on Lyons lack of pace.

Still manages to find plenty of the ball & decent disposal including kicking for goal.

Most importantly he is quick by mind in the clinches.

We are not intending to use him as the quick outside player.

If pace was more important than pure footy ability, we would recruit the 4 x 400m relay team...

Sidebottom isn't exactly Usain Bolt by any means...... :p

But i agree, the "lack of pace" is a silly excuse. Lots of guns have been slow by foot, but quick by brain. Not saying Lyons is a gun, but he has footy smarts no doubt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back