M&E Podcast Possibilities

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all

As you are probably aware, BigFooty has gone podcast mad of late. Many team boards have one, the Bay has one and there is an AFL board one. Hell, we've even dabbled in a Big Brother one on this very forum.

The M&E board is quite a large board and there is plenty to talk about. There is plenty of scope for further podcasts if people are interested.

1. We are thinking about doing a Reality TV podcast, which will encompass all reality tv shows. Obviously we are not across every show so it would be reliant on guests coming on to discuss their particular spot/niche.

2. Then there is the potential for a movie review podcast discussing movies just out and the ones that are coming.

3. Shows that are hot. Game of Thrones podcast, Sons of Anarchy, combinations thereof. Throw it out there and let's canvass interest.

I am happy to host a podcast here and there and can record and edit them, but if somebody else has a passion for it and wants to give it a go, I am also happy to step back. Some of these shows I do not watch at all, so it will be difficult to be involved in every one.

ODN

congrats on the BB podcast. I love listening to you mrs ODN and phantom 13 every week. if anyone wants to do a How I met your mother or the walking dead podcast I'll love talk about them and if you do a reality show one, I love to talk about "The Amazing Race"

Should just do a general one and have segments for each topic.

Will probably run too long. Can divide up into TV/Reality/Movies etc. Reality for one requires constant updating as it moves fast.

Will probably run too long. Can divide up into TV/Reality/Movies etc. Reality for one requires constant updating as it moves fast.

You could do a TV/Movie. I couldn't give two shits about reality tv but understand constant updates.

You could do a TV/Movie. I couldn't give two shits about reality tv but understand constant updates.

That's what I am saying. Reality will be a completely separate podcast to everything else.

Anything TV or movie related will be heavily reliant on the guests coming on and providing talking points to the host so the host can do a lead in for them. No way I would be sitting down and watching multiple whole series in order to host a TV podcast.

Would also prefer a general tv shows/movies one but yeah it would be heavily reliant on different people for different shows as not everyone has the time to watch a 1000 shows weekly.

Could have a 3 week rotation. Reality TV ---> Movies ----> TV

Add in your BB podcast and could make some interesting listening and not overbear everyone.

Basically, someone else would need to do these podcasts or if I was to host it, record it, edit it etc, I would want the guests to send me something that I can use to introduce their segment as I won't be watching the shows or movies necessarily. As soon as we get enough people interested, it's a go.

Although we can start off with a fortnightly TV one or a monthly movie one.

[user]Don Draper[/user], the reality one can't be 3 weekly. They are short seasons where strategy, villains, favourites change every week. Trying to capture 3 weeks worth of Survivor, well people have already switched off. We worry when the podcast goes up and another night has passed that we fail to comment on. Someone is on with someone and we talk about it, next night they are at each other's throats and what we talked about is moot.

Movies can easily be a less frequent one. TV, up to the viewers there. Not sure how fast some shows run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back