News Mackay signs for 4 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Lest we forget the Falcon Of The Century

EV39Nue.gif

They have been, but we persist with ordinary players who will take us no where

We have been inconsistent with our SANFL team this year because of injuries meaning a lack of players to come back into the side at the expense of experience. We finally have virtually our full list in the SANFL team this week and we will finally start to see some gains. Our only fit player to AFL standard is Lyons and he is a different player to Mackay. This week changes that and pressure to keep spots mounts and with any luck non performing players regardless of rank in the senior side will get dropped provided the right option is available.

We have been inconsistent with our SANFL team this year because of injuries meaning a lack of players to come back into the side at the expense of experience. We finally have virtually our full list in the SANFL team this week and we will finally start to see some gains. Our only fit player to AFL standard is Lyons and he is a different player to Mackay. This week changes that and pressure to keep spots mounts and with any luck non performing players regardless of rank in the senior side will get dropped provided the right option is available.
Rubbish, Knights and Atkins have had enough games back.

4 years was extremely dubious at the time; and it's proven to be outrageous now.

We should trade him, even if we have to pay part of his salary.

I wonder if Melbourne would trade him for Toumpas, or Brisbane as part of the Aish deal?

Our SANFL side is inconsistent due to the *ed structure Trigg allowed them to force on us.

With the bulk of our side generally being amateur footballers, the SANFL side is largely a waste of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 years was extremely dubious at the time; and it's proven to be outrageous now.

We should trade him, even if we have to pay part of his salary.

I wonder if Melbourne would trade him for Toumpas, or Brisbane as part of the Aish deal?

Our SANFL side is inconsistent due to the ******ed structure Trigg allowed them to force on us.

With the bulk of our side generally being amateur footballers, the SANFL side is largely a waste of time.

Just posted a similar thing in the trade thread.
Mackay is just an ordinary footballer. 4 years was atrocious list management.
We can only hope the Dees are still keen. I doubt it though

I think he has been tried on a half forward flank but for me that is his best position. At least he can kick the ball further than 50m and has been known to kick running goals. I think he should play in Wright's spot there.

Last edited:
I think he has been tried on a half forward flank but for me that is his best possession. At least he can kick the ball further than 50m and has been known to kick running goals. I think he should play in Wright's spot there.

Couldn't be any worse.

If we are telling him that his primary role is defensive, then someone in our coaching panel has clearly been lobotomised.

The man cannot fundamentally tackle so why do we persist in lining him up in defence. Continually gets exposed.

I'm guessing they are thinking his run from defence could be useful.

Number 1 criteria for a backman is the ability to stick tackles.

The man cannot fundamentally tackle so why do we persist in lining him up in defence. Continually gets exposed.

I'm guessing they are thinking his run from defence could be useful.

Number 1 criteria for a backman is the ability to stick tackles.

If he was getting enough possessions and / or being damaging with his run and carry you could almost let the crap tackling slide. But he is doing neither of those either.

If he was getting enough possessions and / or being damaging with his run and carry you could almost let the crap tackling slide. But he is doing neither of those either.
I couldn't actually let that go.

Football games are decided by single plays that change the momentum of games. I know there will come an important time when it's Mackay's time to stick a tackle and he will completely fluff it up. I can't have that.

I couldn't actually let that go.

Football games are decided by single plays that change the momentum of games. I know there will come an important time when it's Mackay's time to stick a tackle and he will completely fluff it up. I can't have that.
Emotional clap-trap :rolleyes:

DMac has teased us with glimpses of his potential

however after a 100+ games he is not yet able to pull together a consistent season

he 4 year contract has become bit of a noose around our necks

It's ok, David Noble is in charge of the entire footy dept now. He's highly regarded and I have complete faith that he will fix this.

He's a nothing footballer. Shows glimpses every couple of months or when his contract is being negotiated. He fooled us last time and we fell for it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back