Movie Mad Max Fury Road

Remove this Banner Ad

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Banner-Charlize-Theron-Tom-Hardy.jpg

Director: George Miller
Starring: Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, and a s**t-tonne of action

Out: Thursday

I haven't seen it yet, I will soon, but almost everything I've been reading about this movie so far based on preview screenings suggests this is movie is everything it's cracked to be and more. I have even seen it heralded as perhaps the greatest action movie since The Matrix, which is just like... [mind blown]. What? Really? * me.

For the longest time I had this written off as perhaps the year's biggest potential flop, but it seems to be exceeding the hype beyond all measures. I am starting to feel it.

Feeling it.

Been feeling it since the first trailer dropped.

Now, with near universal glowing reviews, I'm feeling it like a muh f@%kah!

I am all kinds of hyped, but hopefully not too hyped. Reviews are looking great though.

Just watched the first three again and I will be watching this one as soon as possible.

You won't find a bad review of this on the net, it's getting Godfather like praise. I wish I had never seen any previews so I could go into this completely unsullied.

It just looks majestic; Star Wars, Avengers, Ant Man can all eat the big one,

Pumped, pumped, pumped

Feel like I should watch the first 3 (never seen them) but this sounds like a reboot anyway.

Been all over this since it was announced. Big fan of the franchise and Hardy. I was concerned a few months back that it might just be showing all the best bits in the trailer (which were awesome) however most are saying it's a 2hr long trailer with how mind blowing it is. Reviews are very good so far so looking forward to gushing over it.

Feel like I should watch the first 3 (never seen them) but this sounds like a reboot anyway.
Ditto,
Am Excited to see this though..
Watched 3 qtrs of the first one and turned it off, thought it was really... really ordinary, now contemplating going through all 3 before seeing this.

From what I gather, Fury Road is a stand alone movie so you won't miss much by not watching the first three. But they're well worth a watch. 1 and 2 are absolute classics. 3 is a bit so-so.

Ok will go down to JB during the week and pick them up

1 is more of a revenge film that shows the origin story of Max with action in roughly the last quarter of the movie. The second one is action almost the whole way through, what most people think of when they think Mad Max IMO. 3 can be a bit polarising, some people love it while some hate it. I think it's alright, nothing amazing though.

Interesting note about Fury Road, the guy playing the main villain is the same guy that played Toecutter in the original.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the hell can you call yourself straylians and not watched any Mad Max films?

Anyways, every single review I've read has praised the hell out of this. Can't wait to see it.

Funny my mate just said the same thing

I dont know if its ever happened for an action film, but Mens rights groups are calling for a boycott of the movie.

Im hoping to see it over the weekend
Haha what.

I dont know if its ever happened for an action film, but Mens rights groups are calling for a boycott of the movie.

Im hoping to see it over the weekend
To be fair I sort of see there point without agreeing to it.

The film does tend to focus more on the females characters with max being a support character more than a main focus of the film.

Which is weird considering the title of the film, I could almost argue that take away max and the film would still be as good as it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back