Mad Monday...

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps MFC could've went a step further and had Geelong bending them over a free agency table - while the AFL look on with admiration.
Brave New World.

I don't think anyone should ever make a joke out of Child sexual abuse. Regardless of who's involved.
You can't outlaw poor taste.

Where do you draw the line on questionable taste ? Pretty soon any comedy would be brow beaten out of existence because comedy usually involves offending someone's sensibilities.

They didn't break any law, and all the offended are doing is giving oxygen to their stupidity.

Where do you draw the line on questionable taste ? Pretty soon any comedy would be brow beaten out of existence because comedy usually involves offending someone's sensibilities.

They didn't break any law, and all the offended are doing is giving oxygen to their stupidity.
Who has suggested they face legal consequences? You seem to be saying there should be no outrage. It is such a black and white view to say people can act in anyway they want without breaking the law and not be critisiced. I agree comedians should be controversial, but surely you'd agree there's a line. I can't see how trivialising child abuse somehow falls into being acceptable

Well I do think an actual comedy show/piece is a bit different to posting something on social media when you're in the public eye. You seem to agree considering you believe they are stupid?

Who has suggested they face legal consequences? You seem to be saying there should be no outrage. It is such a black and white view to say people can act in anyway they want without breaking the law and not be critisiced. I agree comedians should be controversial, but surely you'd agree there's a line. I can't see how trivialising child abuse somehow falls into being acceptable
Unless it's illegal, then everything is subject to each persons values system.

Be careful about enforcing your values too heavily on others. If people want to make poorly judged statements, as bad as that is, it shows a society not afraid to express itself. With good, also comes the bad and the ugly.

Well I do think an actual comedy show/piece is a bit different to posting something on social media when you're in the public eye. You seem to agree considering you believe they are stupid?
Most comedy has always been a dark edged statement on society.

What they did I didn't like, but that's about the sum of it. If they want to expose themselves to ridicule, then I support their rights to do so.

Now, who becomes the arbiter of poor taste?

Who makes the definitive judgements of what is and isn't allowed ?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/photos-fnlmw1po-1227045110780/?page=1

Mitch Grigg loses out for going as himself ;)

Hendo as Daniel Talia's cat
10623978_1548000712087450_509913089_n.jpg

Surely that's not another Rolf

And if the most offended person objects to your tshirt design, your going to a football game on a Sunday, your relaxed attitude to any range of social behaviours?

Are you then compelled to abide by their moral judgements?

I'm not psychic. I don't know what might offend other people. I am going to take 50 tshirts so I can change 'just in case' I offend someone. I might even nip out at half time if I realise I have inadvertantly offended someone and can't unoffend them.

I'm not psychic. I don't know what might offend other people. I am going to take 50 tshirts so I can change 'just in case' I offend someone. I might even nip out at half time if I realise I have inadvertantly offended someone and can't unoffend them.
Or you just go about your business knowing you're not breaking the law and if people don't like what you're doing...... that's their problem. If you get ridiculed for going about your business, then you've got to decide for yourself if the ridicule is worth it or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10643917_1497434193835600_146983222_n.jpg

Viv Michie as a glassed Redfoo... witty, topical, nothing too attention seeking, original. Absolute gem. Freo should lament letting this guy go.
That is appalling. So insensitive to victims of serious assaults.

Unless it's illegal, then everything is subject to each persons values system.

Be careful about enforcing your values too heavily on others. If people want to make poorly judged statements, as bad as that is, it shows a society not afraid to express itself. With good, also comes the bad and the ugly.
There's a problem with that standard. When racial discrimination wasn't illegal you could make that argument but laws are always changing. Free speech has limitations for the overall benefit of society by protecting minorities and the vulnerable.

Finey's on the mark and also mentioned family guy just like I did.

AFL players and Mad Monday taking heat for what's out there everywhere in the community.

Gee Finey is clueless here. He says this girl was not specifically named therefor it's ok, without realising that she is depicting all the children he abused.

Think about this. Think about this historically; think about this from a power play perspective; think about this from the perspective of a people that have been marginalised constantly throughout the course of modern history.

Complaining about 'white-face'. Man, we whites sure have it bad.
Understand Petts, the problem is whites simply don't have the mortgage on rascist nastiness, even in recent history.

But I know when dark-skinned people do white-face, it's not a nod to the Barbary Coast slave trade.
And when Asians do white-face they are not celebrating the atrocities inflicted by Japan on Anglos and Dutch in WW2.

Wear make-up or not, debate that, but NO exceptions for different colours.

By the way I once wanted to spoodge Petts myself! Unlucky with injuries was Kayne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back