Multiplat Madden 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to grab it on Xbox1.. Madden vet, D focussed, love playing with the Ravens and bashing up on the runners. Don't play online but keen to have a crack! Any reviews from you boys on the game?

It's sitting in my esky taunting me until I can go home after work.

Haha brilliant.. Give us some feedback when you're done with it! I'm hoping the Packers D is a little better this year.

Is the gameplay much better than 15?
How much is selling for at JB?
Been a madden gamer since 07.
Just really want 2K to come back.
2k4 was the best NFL game I've ever played

Is the gameplay much better than 15?
How much is selling for at JB?
Been a madden gamer since 07.
Just really want 2K to come back.
2k4 was the best NFL game I've ever played

Target $74 cheapest by a long shot

Like the new throwing and catching controls.

If you have a Calvin, Dez or Julio you just throw high passes across the middle.

Opposition still goes beast mode in the 4th. Level scores with 1:30 to go at the 40. Peyton lobs a perfectly weighted pass just in front of a running Maclin (playing draft champs) with two mits out ready to catch.... And opposition comes flying in with the most epic one handed diving pick. That's two draft champs finals in a row I've lost in the final two mins of the 4th :mad:

At least it is earning UT packs. Can pool contracts and average players for chemistry for when I give that a proper crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opposition still goes beast mode in the 4th. Level scores with 1:30 to go at the 40. Peyton lobs a perfectly weighted pass just in front of a running Maclin (playing draft champs) with two mits out ready to catch.... And opposition comes flying in with the most epic one handed diving pick. That's two draft champs finals in a row I've lost in the final two mins of the 4th :mad:

At least it is earning UT packs. Can pool contracts and average players for chemistry for when I give that a proper crack.

When playing DC and they are always lobing passes use X to defend the player to break up the pass, going for the ball always ends in a offence catch. I like to use a cover 2 sky with man on for the corners.

I keep getting people rage quit after i go up 2 scores or pick them off when they are going for it all. Also had someone who used FG and Punt fakes all game on 4th down. and would run all out blitz every play. Its like in MUT last year when every short yd play the oppo would use punt block and not goal line D [ you use a WR screen for the 1st down, then you go no huddle and burn them for a TD]

I was on offense, was talking about the CPU making the greatest slips catch of all time by Mister Fantastic. I don't play online, still not comfortable enough navigating the pre-snap playbook and audibles to counter cheese. Cover 2 is my most common defense. Provides enough heat on the QB for passing plays when the line rushes and if the WRs are running slants with CBs on man the they often overlap with the LBs on zone to double team and stop the pass. Still getting the hang of pre-snap audibles so sometimes I'm still getting burned for 5-10yrds on a HB/RB dive with cover defense even if I have read a rushing play and the OL open a gap.

I skipped the last madden because I didn't like 25. Reckon they have nailed this one. Really enjoying draft champs as it can get stale playing as the same team over and over. Picking the team is great fun too, especially when you gamble on or by passing particular players early. Think I'll actually give this one a good work out.

Last edited:
playing H2H Draft Champs and make it to the Superbowl, the other guy gets the ball first, He has the 94overall LT at HB runs 2 outside runs then goes no huddle and i stop him 3 times, he misses the FG then rage quits. and get 5 elite DC badges for winning the superbowl because he rage quits inside 2 mins. and i didnt even get to play 1 offencive snap.

Hopefully the bug in franchise mode where it can hang on the loading screen post game is fixed soon. Loving draft champs mode but would love to get back to playing as the Lions.

Half the fun of draft champs is putting the team together but you're really at the mercy of RNG. Tried many times to get a ground and pound coach and build a super running team. Finally got the coach but the cards didn't fall my way. Ended up stacking the offense with Cam Newton, Megatron, Jordy Nelson and AJ Green and winning the 3 games. Cards tried trolling but I made it.

Saved a great replay before. Had Romo and the legend Herman Moore. Was down by less than a TD at the 49 with 8 seconds to go. Tossed a Hail Mary into the end zone and was incomplete with a second left on the clock. Went again, Moore takes a huge, contested grab in traffic and I didn't even see his feet go down as the pack continued out of bounds but was declared a TD. Winnaaarrrr.

Might play the odd game online in MUT for some coins but from what I have seen I don't care much for the cheese tactics. Mostly just want franchise where I can pretend Detroit are a powerhouse.

Glued to this game. For the past three nights I've tried to complete the solo challenge "Road to Elway" Anyone have any tips? Constant Interceptions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back