Remove this Banner Ad

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
CD7yfZPWYAAcM01.jpg

The next MS tournament has started with plenty of first round matches on the womens side already having been played. Men's singles first round starts tonight and qualifying finises.

Kokkinakis just beat Tipsarevic in the final round of qualifying, 7-6 in the 3rd set, having saved a match point. Kyrgios faces Fed in the 2nd round, which I really am interested to watch because Fed has not been that impressive this week in Istanbul. No Djokovic this week, as all the top players have the option to skip 1 MS per season. Nadal's draw is pretty easy.

Stosur is playing Kerber right now. Sharapova beat Baszinsky in the first round to stop her losing streak.

Kyrgios likely to dace Federer in the second round. So much for building on his momentum from Portugal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyrgios likely to dace Federer in the second round. So much for building on his momentum from Portugal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually think it is a good time to face him. He will be confident after his week in Portugal, will have a first round match to acclimatise to the conditions in Madrid and Fed has had a couple of long matches in Istanbul.

I'm surprised there is no thread for the Espirol Open considering Kyrgios is in the final.

Oh well, I'll use this thread to cheer him on. Make it a winning weekend for me (Dogs, Chelsea included).

Kyrgios getting schooled out here. Someone tell him that smacking the ball as hard as you can on clay is just a waste of energy....

Stosur beat Kerber which is way out of the blue. Hope she keeps going.

Kokkanksis again qualifying for a MS 1000, he's solid. Plays Querrey, could be a shot but will depend on how Sam serves.

Both Kokk and Tomic playing tonight on Court 3 (a tv court). Kokk not before 11pm and Tomic last on, will be at 3-4am.

Stosur beat Kerber which is way out of the blue. Hope she keeps going.

Kokkanksis again qualifying for a MS 1000, he's solid. Plays Querrey, could be a shot but will depend on how Sam serves.

Both Kokk and Tomic playing tonight on Court 3 (a tv court). Kokk not before 11pm and Tomic last on, will be at 3-4am.
You're a couple of hours off, Kokk is not before 9pm Melbourne time

Stosur beat Kanepi 6-3 6-2, good signs so far this tournament.
And she is back working with Dave Taylor. Faces Kuznetsova next.

Kokki is playing Querrey at the moment and is a set down. Querrey just served for the match at 5-4, but Thanassi broke him.

Edit: And then Kokki goes on to save 2 match points in the TB, coming back from 6-4, to win it 8-6. Let's hope he can win the final set.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big mistake by Nole to pull out of this one. Nadal will do exactly what he did last year, win this to get his mojo back. And add another Roland Garros in a few weeks time.

Tomic goes 0/5 on breakpoints in the 2nd set and once again loses in 3 sets.

Wasted opportunity sums up his career.

Never seen Querrey run that much in his life on that break point against kokkanksis. I call BS. Odd to say Querrey was mentally superior.

As for Tomic, does the guy actually have a game plan? Or is it let's just troll and rally. The guy seems like he's having a hit on a weekend afternoon.

Stosur winning back to back matches is great. Annoyed Krygios didn't get a tv court tonight.

This is another match Kyrgios really should be winning, and hes off to a good start!

Good win by Nick. Federer should be interesting, if he gets a slightly rusty Fed it could be close but Fed usually deals with big servers pretty well. Last on the day session. Stosur/kuznetsova is the feature night match for some reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back