Madrid - ATP Masters 1000/WTA Premier Mandatory

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, spew. 6-4 loss in the third. I guess he's always been the sort of guy to go big on a second serve when you're match point down... kudos to even getting to this match anyway. Big things ahead.

This is an arbitrary statistic I came across, but I like it, and it's still kind of impressive.

Kyrgios is now 2-0 against Nadal and Federer. Of guys in the top 11, 5 have <=2 wins against Federer and Nadal.

Kei - never beaten Rafa, Ferrer - never beaten Roger, Dimitrov - never beaten either, Cilic is 2-7 against both and Raonic is 2-14 against both.

Rome draw is out, Tomic to play his recent doubles partner Troicki and Kyrgios to play Lopez. Tough first round matches, but hoping they both get through as they would play each other in the second round.

Kvitova took out the womans title with a 6-2 6-1 win over Kuznetsova. She started this week off slowly but really played well her last 3 matches.

Nadal beat Berdych 7-6 6-1 and Murray beat Nishikori 6-3 6-4. Didn't see either of them so cant really comment. Think Nadal will win but hoping for a Murray upset.

Tonight will be a really interesting match, huge test for Nadal who hasn't been in his greatest form so far this clay season! As for Murray he has hit some fine form, is currently on an impressive winning streak on clay. Murray was playing very well in his last couple matches especially, looking forward to seeing what happens in this one!

Nadal usually slays Murray on the clay. Hopefully this one is no different and Rafa can lift his first Masters title this year!

Murray gave Nadal the beatdown 6-3 6-2 to win the title, real masterclass by Murray who knows where Rafa goes from here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back