News Magpie fan donates $1.5 million memorabilia collection

Remove this Banner Ad

A mystery benefactor has donated $1.5 million worth of memorabilia to Collingwood – a collection that includes the Brownlow Medal the late Len Thompson sold for his children's sake.
The benefactor has given Collingwood what the Magpies say is the most extensive private collection of its type they have seen. It contains material from other clubs, as well as a vast amount of Collingwood items.
He said the collection had been valued to be worth about $1.5 million by an expert. The Collingwood portion of the collection includes Thompson's 1972 Brownlow and two of his Copeland medals for the club best and fairest, as well as a 1910 premiership cap – which each premiership player received back then – plus a 1958 premiership trophy, which commemorated the 100th anniversary of Australian football.
Mr Emerson said Collingwood now had an estimated $10 million worth of memorabilia and heritage items and with president Eddie McGuire "very passionate about paying tribute to the history of the club", it was looking at establishing "a Collingwood museum".

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpie-fan-donates-15-million-memorabilia-collection-20140826-108t32.html#ixzz3BXditKiR.

Haven't seen this elsewhere on the board.

Sounds fantastic! Kudos to the donor, and great to see Len Thompson's medals back at the club. It was a sad day when he was forced to sell them.

I was at the Len Thomson auction and bought a few items.
To be honest, I don't know what to do with them!

I have a large framed signed Herald banner that says "LEN WINS IT" as well as framed and signed state rep photos.
The club can have them if they would want them.

if someone from the club is on these boards and want them, PM me.

I was at the Len Thomson auction and bought a few items.
To be honest, I don't know what to do with them!

I have a large framed signed Herald banner that says "LEN WINS IT" as well as framed and signed state rep photos.
The club can have them if they would want them.

if someone from the club is on these boards and want them, PM me.

lukem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the guy who was on The Club with his memorabilia shop?

I reckon its him too. I have had a bit to do with him over the years. The article says the person who donated it was keen on establishing a Collingwood museum.

I know for a fact he had a Collingwood museum in his house. The guy bleeds black and white... on top of that he has a heart of gold. Amazing human being. This has got him written all over it.

P.s. he played for Collingwood.

I reckon its him too. I have had a bit to do with him over the years. The article says the person who donated it was keen on establishing a Collingwood museum.

I know for a fact he had a Collingwood museum in his house. The guy bleeds black and white... on top of that he has a heart of gold. Amazing human being. This has got him written all over it.

P.s. he played for Collingwood.
Cameron Doyle? Collingwood listed mid 80's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back