Majak Daw Charged with Rape

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I didn't. I find it strange that you don't think someone can change dramatically in the 7(?) years since this happened.

No, I found that your post of suggesting that he did it because he was just a stupid teenager as staggering.

He might well be these days, a lot of teenages will do stupid, irresponsible, dangerous and cruel things and then grow out of it - either through realising their mistakes or simply getting out of the bad crowd.

There is a big difference between what you're describing here 'a lot of teenages will do stupid, irresponsible, dangerous and cruel things' and raping someone. Stupid teenagers will go out and drink way too much and throw up everywhere, perhaps get into a drunken fight. Stupid teenagers don't go around raping girls and then grow out of it. It takes a certain personality type to go through with raping someone and it has nothing to do with being a stupid teenager.

I'm constantly amazed about the attitude of violence to women that I see on this website.

As for sneaking around with Daniel Pratt's ex, Daniel Pratt is a ******. I'd do the same. ;)

Well we're in agreeance there.

I'll always remember Pratt for his tough guy act, running over and punching Barry Hall in the back as he jogged off following the Thompson incident.

No, I found that your post of suggesting that he did it because he was just a stupid teenager as staggering.
There is a big difference between what you're describing here 'a lot of teenages will do stupid, irresponsible, dangerous and cruel things' and raping someone. Stupid teenagers will go out and drink way too much and throw up everywhere, perhaps get into a drunken fight. Stupid teenagers don't go around raping girls and then grow out of it. It takes a certain personality type to go through with raping someone and it has nothing to do with being a stupid teenager.

I'm constantly amazed about the attitude of violence to women that I see on this website.
wow
you clearly do not understand what i said
happy to converse with you if you drop the strawman arguments

wow
you clearly do not understand what i said
happy to converse with you if you drop the strawman arguments

Then perhaps you should be less clumsy with your posts.

Excusing someone for raping a girl because he was a stupid teenager is appalling, suggesting that they can grow out of it because they were a stupid teenager is bewildering. I suggest you need to have another attempt at getting what you mean across because your first was terrible

Then perhaps you should be less clumsy with your posts.

Excusing someone for raping a girl because he was a stupid teenager is appalling, suggesting that they can grow out of it because they were a stupid teenager is bewildering. I suggest you need to have another attempt at getting what you mean across because your first was terrible
im not the most eloquent writer, for sure
i did not excuse him for raping a girl
i stated that people can mature and change dramatically in 7 years, particularly people in this age bracket where their bodies, brains and personalities are still developing. if people did not change, we wouldn't let anyone out of jail :drunk:

i stated that people can mature and change dramatically in 7 years, particularly people in this age bracket where their bodies, brains and personalities are still developing. if people did not change, we wouldn't let anyone out of jail :drunk:

Firstly teenagers are not simpletons who don't understand right and wrong. They may make reckless decisions that can cause unintentional harm such as driving without a licence, and drinking too much but morals are already there. If a 'kid' is 15 and rapes a girl he is a piece of Sh*t and should be tried as an adult. He understood what he did he just didn't care.

Also letting people out of jail has nothing to do with if they have changed or not. Otherwise why do people re-offend so often after getting out. Jill Mahers killer had been let out of jail too.

Jail is not designed to rehabilitate people, it's a punishment and rapists do not 'grow out of it'.

Ignorance and immaturity.

Don't think I'll be replying to too many of your posts.

Go do some research on the purpose of incarceration to enlighten yourself

I know enough about it to understand it's purpose. Feel free to enlighten us with your wisdom, or not, I don't really care. If it's role is to rehabilitate people then the reality is that is fails dismally at it.

Regardless, this argument is about whether being a rapist is the result of being young and stupid as kfc1 is trying to tell us, the prison debate is off topic.

I know enough about it to understand it's purpose. Feel free to enlighten us with your wisdom, or not, I don't really care. If it's role is to rehabilitate people then the reality is that is fails dismally at it.

Regardless, this argument is about whether being a rapist is the result of being young and stupid as kfc1 is trying to tell us, the prison debate is off topic.

Well no, you do not know enough to understand it's purpose.

Anyone with even a remote clue about the purpose of prison knows rehabilitation is one of the 4 cornerstone purposes of incarceration, along with retribution, incapacitation and deterrence (or slight variations of).

This is not me enlightening you with my wisdom, simply informing an ignorant man of standard knowledge.

Suggesting that because a specific person re-offended the prison system is a dismal failure is hyperbolic garbage. What about all the people who are successfully rehabilitated? Or do they not exist because they weren't on the news?.

Ignorant and immature poster.

I love how you call everyone kid despite being the most ignorant and immature poster here

Very insecure

This isn't an argument, you made a mistake and I corrected you, you now are trying to deflect it to save face.

More than happy to not have another conversation with you

No, you didn't. You quote a wiki page. Show me the stats that the prison system works then you've won an argument. The facts are that many people reoffend, the stats are high enough to demonstrate that the system does not succeed, the reality is that it's a punishment system that's designed to the general population safe from rapists and murderers.

To the prison argument, you however I'll happily take to the cleaners all afternoon. Your suggestion that a rapist can grow out of it as he matures is quite disgusting
What is so disgusting about suggesting that a rapist can realise their wrongs and change to be a better person?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, you didn't. You quote a wiki page. Show me the stats that the prison system works then you've won an argument. The facts are that many people reoffend, the stats are high enough to demonstrate that the system does not succeed, the reality is that it's a punishment system that's designed to the general population safe from rapists and murderers.

You're the one making outrageous claims about the system being a "dismal failure", the burden to provide statistics to back up your claims is with you, not me.

Nice attempt to completely manipulation what the discussion is about to save face.

The reality is you have already demonstrated very little knowledge of the prison system, this is a fact not my opinion.

Keep digging :$

What is so disgusting about suggesting that a rapist can realise their wrongs and change to be a better person?

That's not what you posted

He might well be these days, a lot of teenages will do stupid, irresponsible, dangerous and cruel things and then grow out of it - either through realising their mistakes or simply getting out of the bad crowd

You even suggested it may have been because of being in a bad crowd, ******* hell

You're the one making outrageous claims about the system being a "dismal failure", the burden to provide statistics to back up your claims is with you, not me.

Nice attempt to completely manipulation what the discussion is about to save face.

The reality is you have already demonstrated very little knowledge of the prison system, this is a fact not my opinion.

Around 60% of those in custody have been imprisoned before.

60%

That obviously doesn't include who those who don't get caught breaking the law.

How much knowledge of what's going on have you demonstrated? Nothing sounds about right.

That's not what you posted

He might well be these days, a lot of teenages will do stupid, irresponsible, dangerous and cruel things and then grow out of it - either through realising their mistakes or simply getting out of the bad crowd

You even suggested it may have been because of being in a bad crowd, ******* hell
I see my punctuation has confused you - let's try again:

He might well be these days - referring to Daw directly
a lot of teenages will do stupid, irresponsible, dangerous and cruel things and then grow out of it - either through realising their mistakes or simply getting out of the bad crowd - not referring to Daw directly, it is a statement about people changing

You must be extremely ignorant to deny that a persons' "crowd" will influence their behaviour, beliefs and decision making. Many significant changes in peoples' lives are accomplished by leaving the bad influence behind.

Before you go and post another dozen pointless snipes, here is a simpler reworded post which explains my point:

Previous poster: - I met Daw, thought he seemed like a good bloke
me: - He might be a good bloke. People can change significantly in the space of 7(?) years and become better people.

Doesn't look good for him based on that testimony, however, that is the evidence from the prosecution, they will make it look as bad as possible. Without wanting to be crude, she could have been squirming and being uncomfortable for different reasons other than fighting him off. If his testimony is she consented and only started to protest after her friend caught her in the act then it could be seen in a different light.

If he is guilty, I hope he gets the justice he deserves. We shouldn't presume guilt or innocence based on one side, however.

15yr olds are legally capable of giving consent??

I see my punctuation has confused you - let's try again:

He might well be these days - referring to Daw directly
a lot of teenages will do stupid, irresponsible, dangerous and cruel things and then grow out of it - either through realising their mistakes or simply getting out of the bad crowd - not referring to Daw directly, it is a statement about people changing

You must be extremely ignorant to deny that a persons' "crowd" will influence their behaviour, beliefs and decision making. Many significant changes in peoples' lives are accomplished by leaving the bad influence behind.

Before you go and post another dozen pointless snipes, here is a simpler reworded post which explains my point:

Previous poster: - I met Daw, thought he seemed like a good bloke
me: - He might be a good bloke. People can change significantly in the space of 7(?) years and become better people.

I think people are hypocritical on this topic. If an person moved in next door to a family that had small kids and they found out he was a convicted pedophile would you be happy to be his mate and have him over for beers? Would you be happy to be mates with a person who committed the boston bombing if he got out of jail? If not why does a rapist get a second chance to be a good bloke but a pedophile and a terrorist doesn't. What if the pedophile told you he had outgrown that behaviour?

I think people are hypocritical on this topic. If an person moved in next door to a family that had small kids and they found out he was a convicted pedophile would you be happy to be his mate and have him over for beers? Would you be happy to be mates with a person who committed the boston bombing if he got out of jail? If not why does a rapist get a second chance to be a good bloke but a pedophile and a terrorist doesn't. What if the pedophile told you he had outgrown that behaviour?
Your main judgement for the opinion that they are not a good bloke is the fact that they were a pedophile, bomber or rapist - if you don't know that they are, then how would you know they are not a good bloke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back