Majak Daw Charged with Rape

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are hypocritical on this topic. If an person moved in next door to a family that had small kids and they found out he was a convicted pedophile would you be happy to be his mate and have him over for beers? Would you be happy to be mates with a person who committed the boston bombing if he got out of jail? If not why does a rapist get a second chance to be a good bloke but a pedophile and a terrorist doesn't. What if the pedophile told you he had outgrown that behaviour?

We have a correction system, part of that is punishment for crimes and another part is rehabilitation so they are fit for society. If someone is going to re-offend then they shouldn't leave the prison system, because they haven't been rehabilitated.

The problem is we do not rehabilitate, people go into jail, typically come out worse than they went in and those with issues do not get adequate rehabilitation. At least crazies that go into an asylum get treatment and aren't allowed out unless they are fit to be in a community.

A lot of people do come out of the system and have managed to self-correct problems they have had, if we as a society aren't prepared to give people a chance then we should do the humane thing and put them down, I don't think it is the place for residents to judge people. Police should be the ones that monitor those who leave the prison system and make sure they are staying out of trouble.

I think if we are going to improve our corrective services system then rather than just lock people up a lot more effort should go into rehabilitating them for society. But, that is going to cost money nobody is prepared to spend.

Guys lets not forget Majak was 16 at the time hardly a responsible adult. He was a kid, most likely drunk. Has been alleged to have done a terrible thing.

bloody bad if true but he was hardly a man like Milne or Lovett when they were alleged to have committed similar offenses. not making excuses or excusing Daw but lets keep that in mind.

He's going to stand trial so the truth should come out and an outcome of guilty or not guilty will determine he's future.

Guys lets not forget Majak was 16 at the time hardly a responsible adult. He was a kid, most likely drunk. Has been alleged to have done a terrible thing.

bloody bad if true but he was hardly a man like Milne or Lovett when they were alleged to have committed similar offenses. not making excuses or excusing Daw but lets keep that in mind.

He's going to stand trial so the truth should come out and an outcome of guilty or not guilty will determine he's future.

Believe it or not 16 year olds are still held responsible for rape.

I feel sorry for all the sad campaigners in this thread who fail to understand the principle of the presumption of innocence. Whether he is found guilty or not, your ignorance and stupidity only fuels hatred and idiocy until the point in time that a decision is made. Daw has been charged, not convicted. I don't condone rape or violence against women, but I sure as hell recognise that Majak Daw is innocent in the eyes of the law until a court determines otherwise. It's called being objective, and not being a sensationalist *****. Christ.

Go back and read the article, it will give you the answer. Look at the way she was treated by the footballers at her school.
I'm going to withdraw that post. I didn't mean to question her motives, suggest she was after MD because he was famous or anything like that. I was just wondering, since she had someone witness it, why she hadn't reported it straight away.

That information being alleged could not have come to light on a better day for Daw with how buried it has been because of other external events.

That information being alleged could not have come to light on a better day for Daw with how buried it has been because of other external events.

he must have planned it that way.

Maybe but don't forget there is cross examination. Personally wouldn't want to be that witness when the attack dogs start on her.

As a lawyer I can conclusively tell you that attack dogs are not permitted inside court buildings. Guide dogs are, though.

Says he's not making excuses

Goes on to make excuses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah being 16 and pissed is probably the best defence to raping someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back