Make a stand against senior players

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but I'm not keen on this line of inquiry. Public speculation as to possible culprits is just destabilising and divisive. It's the last thing we need.
If we have some hard evidence, fine, let's discuss it. If not, I think we can do without names and insinuations.
Yep, fair call.

Yep, fair call.

I am going on a hunger strike myself, not in protest of anything in particular. It's just that I've been fed so much s**t this offseason, I am to full to have any more. Though I wouldn't mind a slice of credibility, and with a dash of proof in the meantime

I'm interested as to who people think are the senior players being spoken about. Looking at our older blokes, I think you could probably place Higgins and Minson in that group, Boyd as well given the rumblings. Of the rest of the older guys, which out of Murphy, Cooney, Dickson (senior?), Morris, Picken? I struggle to see that Murphy and Morris would act like that, although obviously its possible, wouldn't be surprised if Cooney had, Picken I don't know. What are other's thoughts?

I blame Tibor.

Sorry London but your thread just doesn't come with any evidence. In every interview of young players this year (and there have been many on the Bulldogs website), without exception the younger players have gone out of their way to compliment the influence of the older guys on their development. There is clear evidence that the older players have a strong mentoring focus and to suggest that there is a chasm between the generations appears to be baseless.
As for the suggestion that the older players are undermining the coach, again, we have no evidence that this is the case. The coach is indeed in a vulnerable position but not at the hands of the older players.
In any case, the older players, due to their ordinary performance in recent times have no authority to question the coach.
Maybe you are right, but I can't see a yoing player coming out on the website and saying the older blokes are campaigners, can you?
The fact is we haven't got many true leaders in our playing group compared to other clubs. Go through each club and take out Melb, GWS, GC and how do we compare?

Sounds like Bomber has been having coffee with Sando and Macca... Having a whack at our senior blokes at his EFC B&F speech tonight. Go for it.

"@nathantemp7: Interesting comment from Bomber. Praises his older players for embracing change, unlike @Adelaide_FC and WESTERNBULLDOGS senior players"
HAHAHAHA oh man, the comedy, of all clubs to have a dig at you it's the club in the thick of it. And justified at that!... i wonder if anyone else will pick up on it

Sounds like Bomber has been having coffee with Sando and Macca... Having a whack at our senior blokes at his EFC B&F speech tonight. Go for it.

"@nathantemp7: Interesting comment from Bomber. Praises his older players for embracing change, unlike @Adelaide_FC and WESTERNBULLDOGS senior players"
You could attribute that quote to anyone else at Essendon and I'd just put it down to typical Windy Hill chest beating (or more recently, excuse making - Hey, look over there! *runs away*), but Bomber?

Bomber sticking up for some ex Geelong people.

Maybe the fact that his older players embraced change to the extent they did has got them to where they are now.

Did Bomber actually say the western bulldogs?

Yes he did. Here's more from Stevo.

@Stevo7AFL: Thompson also took dog at playing lists of Dogs and Crows. Indicated older players at those clubs resisting change pushed by coaches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes he did. Here's more from Stevo.

@Stevo7AFL: Thompson also took dog at playing lists of Dogs and Crows. Indicated older players at those clubs resisting change pushed by coaches

How does Thompson know what is happening at other clubs?

Love to know what evidence he has got.

What has that to do with Bomber and his comments on them embracing change this year?
He wasn't specifically speaking about this year or a year.

I am more concerned about why he knows so much of what is happening at our club

I don't think it is Macca putting out our dirty laundry to an opposition coach.No way.
Given bombers mate Sanderson has lost his job, I am sure has had a good chat to Sanderson and got his side of the story -name,y, thatsome senior players have been reluctant to adopt sandersons ideas. We don't know why but clearly Bomber has reached the conclusion something similar is going on with the senior players at the bulldogs.

It is really the first bit of gossip which gives the rumours of player unrest any credibility.

It is really the first bit of gossip which gives the rumours of player unrest any credibility.

Thanks that is what I was trying to get at. Finally someone has said it and we can put a face to that person and that person is not in the media.

I know I am weird but I am not at all comfortable that an opposition coach knows such information. But that's me.

I don't think it is Macca putting out our dirty laundry to an opposition coach.No way.

Macca and Bomber are very close not opposition. Have met up several times during GF week at various AFL functions over a few beers/coffees. Just a fact. Hardly dirty laundry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back