Make a stand against senior players

Remove this Banner Ad

Macca and Bomber are very close not opposition. Have met up several times during GF week at various AFL functions over a few beers/coffees. Just a fact. Hardly dirty laundry.

Macca coaches Western Bulldogs and Bomber coached Essendon and will coach in 2015 somewhere that to me is opposition any day.

And if I was a senior player at the Dogs I would not be happy right now I don't need to hear that from an opposition club

Bomber will come out tmrw and say he was merely referencing what he has heard via the media. Case closed. Let's move on and get excited about the trade and draft period. It's a big one for us.

Macca coaches Western Bulldogs and Bomber coached Essendon and will coach in 2015 somewhere that to me is opposition any day.

And if I was a senior player at the Dogs I would not be happy right now I don't need to hear that from an opposition club

Bomber and Macca have worked side by side for a decade.

Macca has openly stated that bomber was one of the main voices telling him to go and get the dogs job. Macca has openly said that he will call Bomber for advice/ sounding board or voice of reason. I also know that bomber has called macca a couple times mid year for advice/sounding board/or voice of reason i don't know why but he did. So he trusts maccas opinions on things also. When you are in a thankless high pressure position it is very good to have someone who also understands what your going through. It can be the difference that keeps you sane. I reckon Bomber knows more then we ever will about what is and isn't going on at the dogs. And vice versa. Football is a competition sport but not an actual battle field, 'enemies' often fraternise and tell each other of what is going on.

Don't forget that those involved in footbal at any level are not as in the dark as the supporters.

I think bomber was having a dig at both our senior players, (who i know deserve it) and a dig at the media who is taking the players side and promoting the same old self destructive culture we have always had.

Good on Bomber for mine.

Bomber and Macca have worked side by side for a decade.

Macca has openly stated that bomber was one of the main voices telling him to go and get the dogs job. Macca has openly said that he will call Bomber for advice/ sounding board or voice of reason. I also know that bomber has called macca a couple times mid year for advice/sounding board/or voice of reason i don't know why but he did. So he trusts maccas opinions on things also. When you are in a thankless high pressure position it is very good to have someone who also understands what your going through. It can be the difference that keeps you sane. I reckon Bomber knows more then we ever will about what is and isn't going on at the dogs. And vice versa. Football is a competition sport but not an actual battle field, 'enemies' often fraternise and tell each other of what is going on.

Don't forget that those involved in footbal at any level are not as in the dark as the supporters.

I think bomber was having a dig at both our senior players, (who i know deserve it) and a dig at the media who is taking the players side and promoting the same old self destructive culture we have always had.

Good on Bomber for mine.

You know the senior players deserve it? Do tell

Getting dangerously close to revelling in our misery. Happy to have opposition supporters around but best not poke the bear.

Well i find this interesting and would like to know as much as possible about whst went on...dont you?

I assumed from his statement he had inside info about what the senior players said or did which id like to hear. Big part of what these forums are about

Well i find this interesting and would like to know as much as possible about whst went on...dont you?

I assumed from his statement he had inside info about what the senior players said or did which id like to hear. Big part of what these forums are about
It's just the way you worded it more than anything.

Shoot him a pm because it's highly likely that he doesn't want to reveal it on a public forum, and if you're lucky and he does know something he might tell you.

Reread your original post and tell me how far I'd get on the Gold Coast or Adelaide boards had I posted the same thing.

I know enough about the bullshit going on than I ever wanted to so to answer your question, no I don't care anymore I just want trade week over yesterday.

I'll tell you the parts that will concern carlton once you've signed the trade with Jones and Tutt, until then, not your problem :D

Reread your original post and tell me how far I'd get on the Gold Coast or Adelaide boards had I posted the same thing.

I know enough about the bullshit going on than I ever wanted to so to answer your question, no I don't care anymore I just want trade week over yesterday.

All i said was "you know the senior players deserved it? Do tell"...the hell is wrong with that?

So asking for more info on what happened with the senior players, which is what this whole thread is about, pisses you off? Take it easy mate

All i said was "you know the senior players deserved it? Do tell"...the hell is wrong with that?

So asking for more info on what happened with the senior players, which is what this whole thread is about, pisses you off? Take it easy mate

I'm not even close to being pissed off. Actually quite relaxed. Just gave out a friendly warning that you are asking about an emotional subject. As a Blues supporter it may not be a good idea sitting around and seemingly revelling in it. Take the warning or don't. I'd also suggest not asking the Bombers board for any information about Hird's eventual sacking today.

Guffaw! Choking on my midnight snack reading people taking Thompsons comments to heart. How can someone whose players are in trouble because they DIDNT Question anything at their Club be so Smug as to cast aspersions on a club where players do question things? He's screwed the Tird over big time and now he's either paving a way for Macca to join him or for him to join us depending on the fallout over at drug taker land. Just another self centered Essendon schmuck looking after himself. Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole and feel quite honoured that he rates the bulldogs so important as to get a mention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks that is what I was trying to get at. Finally someone has said it and we can put a face to that person and that person is not in the media.

I know I am weird but I am not at all comfortable that an opposition coach knows such information. But that's me.
Oh come on ! He did state from looking in from the outside.
Refreshing to hear the truth

Most of the Bulldogs players will be cheering Bomber on. There have been issues at the club and they've involved a few of the middle and senior aged guys. It is common knowledge in the industry. It is also the stuff that happens at various (usually unsuccessful) clubs from time to time. Bomber is not talking out of school using information from our Coach...ffs even Barrett has some idea of what has happened.

It's over now and those who were s**t-stirring and resisting change have got their right whack and we move on (towing a heap of change resistant flogs masquerading as supporters along behind us.)

Hilarious entertainment by Bomber.
Fancy him preaching about senior players embracing change when he was part of a regime where senior players 'embraced change' and are now looking at drug bans

Most of the Bulldogs players will be cheering Bomber on. There have been issues at the club and they've involved a few of the middle and senior aged guys. It is common knowledge in the industry. It is also the stuff that happens at various (usually unsuccessful) clubs from time to time. Bomber is not talking out of school using information from our Coach...ffs even Barrett has some idea of what has happened.

It's over now and those who were s**t-stirring and resisting change have got their right whack and we move on (towing a heap of change resistant flogs masquerading as supporters along behind us.)

So you are saying it has all been sorted out?

I'm saying that you have no idea. How hard is that for you to comprehend? Troll.

Sorry I am a thick head but it will eventually get through.

You seem to be in the know going by your statement most players would be cheering Bomber on so lets leave it at that.

Last edited:
It's hard when you raise and thread like this, sometimes based on emotional.

First responses are always how do you know this blah blah blah. I have two different people yet I would never mention it as I would not want it getting back to the club.

For what its worth, they signed Macca for another year and they should now support him. Yet footy clubs are strange places, not like a normal workforce.

Don't have a problem.

For far too long the tail has wagged the dog at this club.

Whatever means are necessary to change that are fine by me. McCartney is the man best placed to deal with it, so I'll back him in on whatever means he sees are necessary to do so.

If that puts noses out of joint - there's the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back