Make mine a Mitch (er...too late...he's a Cat!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good and popular theory but he was as good as anyone when he came on in the PF and as good as anyone when he did get a game. Defensive pressure is not unimportant but we are zero chance with at least 2 more Didak types in our side because we lack pace and skill badly. There just aren't that many Pendlebury's to be snapped up at 5 and you don't get many picks 5's anyway.
Yeah in the 2010 finals series Dids was amazing he applied defensive pressure, I can remember the goal he kicked in the replay when he smothered the ball followed up and won the footy and kicked a goal. That was a great moment, Dids was odd in a way watching him I never thought he was soft it was more he came from a time when defensive pressure as a forward didn't matter and he was so good at what he did when he had the ball we could carry him in the side.

Could play him at half back on a wing or even in the forward line

I rate his kicking which we lack I think a change of clubs would be great for him
Yeh his kicking is better than quite a few on our list but that isn't enough. I wouldn't trust him 1 on 1 with a decent opponent or to concentrate and run hard all day. I can't see him getting a lot of the ball in the heat. I just couldnt see him being a finals player.

I can see why Dee’s Fans are not happy with Mitch.

As he told his Club he wanted to Retire and the Club granted that with long term leave but when it comes to end of the season they Find out he wants to return to Footy and Collingwood are the Team he wants to go to.

I would not Blame Collingwood Chasing him, I would be more Pissed at Mitch and his Manager doing the Opposite he said he was

We are still taking a Chance with his Injury History and his Mental Issues

The Melbourne forum want to make him walk into the draft rather than trading him.
Fine by me. Who's going to draft a guy with clinical depression that doesn't want to be at their club? Means we'll get him for free imo.

Draft could be good for us but the Melbourne forum mean as much to what the club will do as this one does for our club.
Melbourne will take what they can get and Clarke will want them to get something worthwhile so we will pay. I'd love to package HL + a player and pick 9 for Clarke and pick 3 if we could end up with Moore in second round. It looks like Frawley will be at Freo and Melbourne will get the early compensation pick.

Fine by me. Who's going to draft a guy with clinical depression that doesn't want to be at their club? Means we'll get him for free imo.

Exact My Thoughts. Who would want him anyway if he is not Committed to your Club

The Melbourne forum want to make him walk into the draft rather than trading him
I highly doubt that Club would do that though. We will get him for a 3rd or 4th Round Pick.

We have traded with Roo’s well before

I would take the risk on Clark and Garlett. We would have a forward line of Cloke Elliot Garlett Clark and White and with White as 3rd tall he would have less pressure on him and the 3rd tall defender on him .Garlett and Elliott are 2 different types of smalls Reid can go down back with Fasolo who had a couple of great games down back before he hurt his foot. Fasolo's foot skills can be used for kicking out, All we would need is a couple of mids with great footskills (Freeman and? ) and i am excited again. Is Clark and Garlett a risk? yes. (Clark more than Garlett i think) but no guts no glory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Mitch is 200cm, is a great mark and is mobile and will hopefully cost us minimal. I see that everybody is hoping for us to get O'Rourke, but there is no mention of Adam Tomlinson (word is that he is open to come home). He just turned 21, 193cm, (45 games) plays all over the ground, great mark, very agile and a good kick. Also Kristian Jaksch is 19, 196cm, plays both ends, is also a great mark and a very good kick.

Yes, O'Rourke is a former no. 2 pick (Watts was a no 1) but is either constantly hampered by hamstring injuries or cannot get a game. He is 188cm tall. We have 9 players on our list of a similar size that play the same half back/mid field role.

and How do you know we won’t get Clark?
I think we will get Clark. I don't think we have a chance of getting pick 8 upgraded to pick 2. We would have to trade pick 8 and a pick of about 12 to get pick 2. Harry and Martin are not worth pick 12 and even if they were we would be getting Clark for free. That's not even mentioning that Moore would be a 90% chance of costing us our first pick.

The Melbourne forum want to make him walk into the draft rather than trading him.
Think that would make him a delisted free agent and he comes to us for free. Fine. I reckon they're going to end up accepting a third rounder or fringe player if it comes to that.

Think that would make him a delisted free agent and he comes to us for free. Fine. I reckon they're going to end up accepting a third rounder or fringe player if it comes to that.
Retired players cannot be delisted free agents. Also players that are offered a new contract & reject same, are not delisted free agents.
If not traded he 100% must go in the draft .

I though he supposed to be out for most of next year.
I'm actually aware of that. The poster involved (Seedsfan) was strangely flippant in expecting Scharenberg to return by April. I made an implied point of view on my own eagerness to watch him play top-flight footy (AFL), when he gets the opportunity to do so.

watts vs Clark

Clark is the second forward and backup ruckman. We have Ben Reid who could play as good as a forward or even better and White who IMO is a slight down grade of Clark. We could also play Grundy, Witts or Gault who could play this role so he's not essential. It would also take away an opportunity from one of Grundy, Witts or Gault to play in the seniors. Gault might lose his list spot.
Watts imo would be a swing man with nice kicking which we need and good speed. He would be best as that third man up, maxwell type defender. He's a poor forward but he might develop with more experience and is still young. Other players who could play this role would be Reid, Keeffe and Scharenberg.

Imo we need a Watts type more than Clark. Suckling might be another who could fill the third defender with nice kicking skills type role. Kicking out of our back line is our biggest deficiency at the moment.
Surely Clark is a better player than this? Being a slight upgrade of White is not what you'd want of a big name player like Mitch. As for robbing the roles of other players, our injury toll highlights the value of good reserve options. Besides, Clark himself may well help swell our ranks of injured and ailing players. We could probably use a Watts' type, though preferably not Watts himself. Hopefully we pick up one of these guys, and if it's Clark, let's hope we don't buy a lemon.

We have traded with Roo’s well before
Not really. He has been critical of us not dealing "fairly" with clubs after we get the player "signed up". He was particularly vocal about the Jolly deal and our history to that point and how we wenmt about the Ball deal. I don't particularly agree with him but he is far from enthusiastic about dealing with Collingwood.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back