Make mine a Mitch (er...too late...he's a Cat!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm quite resigned to the fact now we are completely rebuilding.

I have us bottom 4 next year.

I was hopefully when I thought Clark was going to come to us and beams was going to lead our midfield.

But now we are clearly in a position where we need to blood kids and recruit more first rounders.

I think we will remain competitive, but we are not going to win a lot of games.
Did your alarm just got off and wake you the hell up? We had lazy arse players, who become more lazy after 2010 GF. We are NOT Geelong nor Hawthorn with quality players let alone quality leaders. Ed + the board and Bucks knew a rebuild was in order, so did I.

So let us build a quality team to, live long and prosper :)

Because he used our facilities, which would usually indicate he was going to choose us. He took advantage of us. I'm sure I mentioned that in my post.
How will you deal with the shock of Mitch Clark shafting your club?

Did you really think that it was Melbourne and Brisbane in the wrong and that a more successful club would change him?

I was hopefully when I thought Clark was going to come to us and beams was going to lead our midfield.

But now we are clearly in a position where we need to blood kids and recruit more first rounders.

Yes, we have cut a bit deeper than anticipated, but that doesnt make us a bottom 4 side next year.

I think Geelong is better suited to Clarks circumstances, we would always have been too close to home and he would've been subjected to much more pressure and scrutiny with us. His decision speaks more of suitability for a unique situation rather than the pies not being a favourable destination.

I have a slightly different view of our list, we have genuine A- graders: Pendlebury, Cloke, Reid, Swan, Sidebottom and some genuine talent in guys like Broomhead, Adams, Elliott, Grundy, Witts, Langdon, Frost, Williams.

Marsh, Gault, Oxley and Freeman have considerable upside (Marsh the dark horse) We need a few of the second stringers to take the next step and a few good recruits this year. Agree with rebuild to an extent but not a complete rebuild. May only take a few really good recruits and a step up from a few, a bit of good luck. Brown will be back, Reid will be like a new recruit and I still think White can still contribute.

Beams and Harry are big outs but you never know who will put their hand up given the opportunity. GO Pies

How will you deal with the shock of Mitch Clark shafting your club?

Did you really think that it was Melbourne and Brisbane in the wrong and that a more successful club would change him?

We'll get over it.

People still believe Barrett? He doesn't know s**t.
He broke the story that MC was leaving the Dees, and also that he would reject Collingwood for Geelong.

I hate ballbag as much as the next man, but he's got the inside word here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He broke the story that MC was leaving the Dees, and also that he would reject Collingwood for Geelong.

I hate ballbag as much as the next man, but he's got the inside word here.
Thats much different to knowing the terms of our contract. That's mostly passed information with some logical guesswork.

Might be out of step with others, but I feel that we dodged a bit of a bullet (even though the financial risk probably would have been low).
Clark has never really been able to apply himself consistently / get an uninterrupted run at it, the nature of his departures from Bris / Melb wasn't great.

Disappointed as I think the reward outweighed the risk.
Makes me dislike Geelong even more
FWIW, I don't dislike Coll at all, and would rather Clark be a player elsewhere. We have 6 on our list who are always injured and iffy, now another? Oh well, the rehab room will suddenly have a lot more colour.

I don't care who's going. I care about who's staying. We've got some pretty amazing kids on the park, Lumumba never figured in our top 10 (according to BF) and Beams is only 1 player. Maxy was nearly through, Bally had lost pace, etc etc.

Big deal if Mitch Clarke doesn't want to come here. There's plenty who're already quite happy staying.

2002/03 wasn't a team of stars, it was a team full of heart. So it is 2015/16.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back