Prediction Make the call

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Pick one player who will make it and one who won't in 2016. Revisit at year end.

Make: McIntosh. Will be a beast on the wing with his size and running capacity. Expect a top 10 B&F finish.

Break: Conca. Will be a bust, disposal not good enough and wont ever be better than average.

Make: Jacob Townsend. Bloke is an animal. He will thrive under pressure. I can see him not only having an impact himself, but he will make our other midfielders increase by 5 - 10%.

Break: Ben Griffiths. Not good enough. Soft, goes missing way too often and a forward line with Jack, Ty and Lennon as the talls will finally start to function.

Make: Vickery
The end to the year last year will be the making of him. Started to find a grove on what works and is also managing his aggression. Is a very good shot for goal but just needs to find it more and that is what he did. When pushed to the ruck, he played well and was mobile around the ground. Should be a 30 goal min from him if he plays all season.

*honorable mention to Sam lloyd

Break: Astbury
Unfortunately I don't think his body will ever be up for it. I do remember him playing very well in Rance's absence but I don't think he has the confidence in his body and that may end up being his downfall. Hope I am wrong.
Honorable mentions* Conca and Griff

Make: Tough call, could go Broad, could go Conca but Townsend is the man. The tough inside mid we've been screaming out for.

Break: Morris, Hunt, Batch and Chappy are all contenders. I'll choose Batch as he's the least obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make - Lennon, driven, bucket hands and goal smart. Strap yourself in folks!

Break - Vickery, dumb footballer, gets in Jacks way too often and isn't athletic enough (lazy?) around the ground. Lack of rotations will need him to spend more time on the ball as second ruck. Will he do it effectively though? If Hampson can get fit he will push Vickery out this year.

Make - Conca . Has the skills, looks to have lost the weight , has had a good prep. Makes good decisions in close and underrated tackler.

Break - Hunt . Solid enough performer , but has no real upside and plenty of similar types coming through, but who have more talent! ESP when it comes to kicking !

Make: Lloyd, just got this feeling he will go on a goal spree

Break: sorry folks but it is McBean, if he doesn't crack the one's he will be sent on his way.

Lots to like about this post

HMM
Make Callum Moore may not play many senior games if any but he will show he can play a bit in the two's .There is something about this kid that i cant put a finger on.
Break take ya pick i have always said we need significant change if we wish to attain top 4.

Make: Jacob Townsend. Bloke is an animal. He will thrive under pressure. I can see him not only having an impact himself, but he will make our other midfielders increase by 5 - 10%.

Break: Ben Griffiths. Not good enough. Soft, goes missing way too often and a forward line with Jack, Ty and Lennon as the talls will finally start to function.

100% this. Ill be surprised if griff amounts to anything.

Also wouldnt be surprised to see a few tigers leave next year if they cant get a game or they het pushed out.

Fyi hunt and morris will probably be delistees 2017. This list is still gonna turn over heaps next two years imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back